PDA

View Full Version : *** Official *** Sox declaw Kittens POSTGAME WINNER THREAD

doublem23
07-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Detroit Sucks!

:bandance:

OmahaSoxFan
07-25-2011, 11:11 PM
That will work!!! Now go get the "ace" Verlander again tomorrow night - did it last week - the boys can do it again!

balke
07-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Good overall game - good plays by the good players. Good to see Mark not collapse after those defensive lapses. Quentin must really want out of here. Playing very well - and even doing the postgame interview? I thought he was a shy guy.

Frater Perdurabo
07-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Nice team win. Let's win tomorrow, too.

Morel 3 for 4. Does he get to start tomorrow, or will Ozzie be a stubborn mule and go with Teahen?

SoxSpeed22
07-25-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't know how we didn't lose this game thanks to the defensive lapses but it's still a win. Quentin has been doing most of the damage lately.

ChiSoxGal85
07-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Only saw the last few innings...Looked like the Sox were battlin' for Buehrle.

Good start Verlander is tough but let's break him tomorrow!

mccoydp
The bad plays in the early part of the game scared me, but the Sox scored big when needed and won it. Get the next two, Sox!

:winner

OmahaSoxFan
Good overall game - good plays by the good players. Good to see Mark not collapse after those defensive lapses. Quentin must really want out of here. Playing very well - and even doing the postgame interview? I thought he was a shy guy.

Hope that KW doesn't "deal" TCQ. Guess I have to hope for a Sox sweep of Detroit and a great overall home-stand, or one of my favorite Sox players will be moving on. Carlos has been doing a lot of damage lately for our offense.

voodoochile
Nice effort. Team looked very focused at the plate and had some nice at bats in crucial situations. That's how you win important games. Lots of heroes offensively and the pitching was good too. Even hit a couple homers, imagine that...

1 game under 3.5 games back...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

Soxman219
07-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Come on Sox, own Verlander like the good ole days!

all*star quentin
Team work. White Sox showing some pride after the early mental lapses.

amsteel
THIS is the 2011 White Sox we've been looking for against April. Mentally this was the toughest game of the series. Playing at home for the first time in 2+ weeks against the prototypical pitcher the Sox struggle against. They went down early, but strong pitching pulled through.

Get after Verlander like we did last weekend tomorrow night and we'll be on our way.

KMcMahon817
07-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Nice W. I don't want to see this team get "blown up". I wouldn't mind moving Jackson and Quentin (only for a ransom), but I want to watch meaningful baseball in September. Keep winning, SOX.

Oh and so happy we don't have to read any more JD05 posts for awhile.:D:

voodoochile
Oh and my personal thought on the Sale/Thornton situation is twofold. I won't be shocked if Sale continues to pitch like this that Thornton might be traded regardless of the next few days results. I also think Ozzie might have wanted someone to back up Santos in case he faltered and in that situation, Thornton makes more sense.

Rohan

blow it up!

JB98
This is one the Sox had to have, with Buehrle pitching against Detroit's fifth starter of the week.

Quentin's bases-loaded, two-out double was sweet. That's the game-changing extra-base hit the Sox have been lacking in many games this season.

amsteel
Hope that KW doesn't "deal" TCQ. Guess I have to hope for a Sox sweep of Detroit and a great overall home-stand, or one of my favorite Sox players will be moving on. Carlos has been doing a lot of damage lately for our offense.

I will be legitimately bummed if CQ gets moved.

October26
07-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Nice pitching and offense for the Sox tonight; defense not so much.

Love Mark Buehrle.

Sox win - oh yeah baby!:bandance:

slavko
07-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Hope Paul has the stroke back. Can he and Quentin carry the dead weight? Fingers crossed.

Zakath
07-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Not well-played, especially defensively on both sides, but we'll take it.

Important to start this really big homestand strong. At this juncture, you have to think anything less than 6-4 out of these 10 games could be catastrophic to any postseason chances.

OmahaSoxFan
07-25-2011, 11:18 PM

:)

:supernana:

The way the season has gone... this is a great sign! Time for the Sox to get hot and grab this division - it's there for the taking - the guys just need to "want it" enough. The pitching is there... just need more offense like we saw tonight and the Sox will be fine.

thomas35forever
07-25-2011, 11:22 PM
That's a nice victory. Definitely one of the best this season.

sox230
07-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Plus, a win in front of a BIG crowd! I cannot believe the attendance was 37,000+. I know it was half price night, but still quite impressed there was that big of a crowd for what this team has done so far.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2011, 11:24 PM
This and that:

Amazing what a little offense can do for you isn't it?

On another note, just my opinion but Rios looked like the last thing he wanted to do was play baseball tonight. After one of those early screw-ups in the field they had a shot of Ozzie and if looks could kill, Rios would be six feet under in center field.

To me though the most interesting aspect of tonight was this comment to Gonzo of the Tribune. I'm still trying to sort it out in my mind how I feel about it. My initial reaction would be that it probably wouldn't hurt if Ozzie read the scouting reports - it could be of help down the line during the game when he's trying to make a decision say on a pinch hitter and such.

What say you? Here is the quote:

"I don't know," Guillen replied when asked what he knew about Duane Below. "They (the Sox's hitters) should know. I'm not the type of manager that goes to the scouting report and reads who it is. When I was playing, yes I knew who he was. I'm not playing, they should know who they going to face."

Lip

Fisk Fan
07-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Just saw the Buehrle stat on the post game. This was his 15th consecutive game giving up 3 ER or less. The last such streak was in 1972. That's pretty freakin impressive.....

CHISOXFAN13
07-25-2011, 11:25 PM
I was very frustrated after the Sox fell behind 2-0 and figured it was another lost cause like many games this season. Very happy to have to eat some crow after this one.

Nice comeback win.

It's your turn, Jake.

Zakath
07-25-2011, 11:26 PM
As mentioned on CSN, Buehrle's 15th consecutive start with 3 ER or less. His ERA in that time (since April 22) has dropped from 5.40 to 3.22.

He is 7-3, and the Sox 12-3, in those 15 starts (in the 3 losses, the Sox scored a combined 3 runs - 3-1 loss at New York April 27, 4-2 loss at Toronto May 27, and a 1-0 loss at Minnesota on June 16).

thomas35forever
07-25-2011, 11:28 PM
As mentioned on CSN, Buehrle's 15th consecutive start with 3 ER or less. His ERA in that time (since April 22) has dropped from 5.40 to 3.22.

He is 7-3, and the Sox 12-3, in those 15 starts (in the 3 losses, the Sox scored a combined 3 runs - 3-1 loss at New York April 27, 4-2 loss at Toronto May 27, and a 1-0 loss at Minnesota on June 16).
He can be frustrating at times, but when all has been said, he's a guy that gets the job done.

balke
Just saw the Buehrle stat on the post game. This was his 15th consecutive game giving up 3 ER or less. The last such streak was in 1972. That's pretty freakin impressive.....

Maybe the Sox can package him and try to get a legitimate ace

GlassSox
Lip,

I wish Ozzie would have benched Rios tonight at least for the rest of the game.

Lip Man 1
Who was the last pitcher to do that in 72? Was it Carlton??

Lip

SBSoxFan
This and that:

On another note, just my opinion but Rios looked like the last thing he wanted to do was play baseball tonight. After one of those early screw-ups in the field they had a shot of Ozzie and if looks could kill, Rios would be six feet under in center field.

To me though the most interesting aspect of tonight was this comment to Gonzo of the Tribune. I'm still trying to sort it out in my mind how I feel about it. My initial reaction would be that it probably wouldn't hurt if Ozzie read the scouting reports - it could be of help down the line during the game when he's trying to make a decision say on a pinch hitter and such.

"I don't know," Guillen replied when asked what he knew about Duane Below. "They (the Sox's hitters) should know. I'm not the type of manager that goes to the scouting report and reads who it is. When I was playing, yes I knew who he was. I'm not playing, they should know who they going to face."

Lip

I don't see what's wrong with the quote Lip, that's what the hitting coach and video guy are for. We know that Beckham watched tape of Below; he was also the only starter who didn't have a hit.

SBSoxFan
07-25-2011, 11:30 PM

Lip

I think they said last Sox pitcher, not an MLB pitcher in general. However, I don't recall the name.

Zakath
07-25-2011, 11:30 PM

Lip

Tom Bradley.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Zakath:

Thanks...appreciate it.

Lip

kittle42
07-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Oh and my personal thought on the Sale/Thornton situation is twofold. I won't be shocked if Sale continues to pitch like this that Thornton might be traded regardless of the next few days results. I also think Ozzie might have wanted someone to back up Santos in case he faltered and in that situation, Thornton makes more sense.

Getting Rasmus and benching Rios would be awesome.

doublem23
07-25-2011, 11:35 PM

I think that's reason enough to keep Edwin around.

Zakath
07-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Zakath:

Thanks...appreciate it.

Lip

Thank my DVR. :D::redneck

guillensdisciple
07-25-2011, 11:38 PM
.500 on the 18 game stretch against the division. 8-8. It would be nice to come out of this 10-8 but well that means a 5 game winning streak. lets see what the Sox can do.

soltrain21
07-25-2011, 11:41 PM
There is no scientific data, but TCQ is better with a beard.

PalehosePlanet
07-25-2011, 11:57 PM

Lip

Lip, I read today --- Yahoo preview of the game I think it was --- where it stated that Eric King had 16 straight for us over 2 seasons in '89 and '90.

It's really a shame he had all those arm problems and couldn't hold up; I really liked him.

EDIT: Found it! King actually had 18 straight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=310725104

Foulke You
07-25-2011, 11:59 PM
This and that:

Lip
I agree about Rios, Lip. The body language just looks awful right now. He doesn't even resemble the player we had last year. This is so disappointing to me because I've always admired his ability going back to his Blue Jay days. I wonder if the guy is having personal problems or something? Baseball is a game you can ill afford to play with your head in the clouds.

The Guillen quote is disappointing but not that surprising. It's pretty obvious Ozzie has never been a scouting report guy and I wonder if it costs us ballgames sometimes. Ozzie did make a point to mention in the Sun Times that he leaves a lot of the scouting report stuff to Joey Cora so perhaps our players are getting it from someone in the dugout...just not Ozzie.

PalehosePlanet
07-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Good to see us hit two pitchers we haven't seen before.

Overall our defense has been excellent, so I won't bitch about a one inning anomaly. Thankfully Mark kept his poise and minimized the damage.

Jake better show up tomorrow.

Noneck
07-26-2011, 12:14 AM
The Guillen quote is disappointing but not that surprising. It's pretty obvious Ozzie has never been a scouting report guy and I wonder if it costs us ballgames sometimes. Ozzie did make a point to mention in the Sun Times that he leaves a lot of the scouting report stuff to Joey Cora so perhaps our players are getting it from someone in the dugout...just not Ozzie.

I have said this before but now it seems more evident. With a hitting coach, a fielding coach, a pitching coach, bullpen coach, bench coach, conditioning coach, 1st and 3rd base coaches, A manager really doesnt have to do too much if he doesnt want to. Ozwaldo seems as though he is doing that.

shingo10
07-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Great win.

I feel like Buehrle turned the whole tone of the game around by waiting for Beckham outside the dugout after the top of the 3rd to give him some love.

How can you not want to go to battle for someone who is such a good teammate? Maybe it made the guys focus a little more.

And yeah something should be done about Rios. He doesn't look close to a major league ball player right now.

Marqhead
07-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Said hello to Verlander from the patio tonight. Don't worry, I rattled his nerves.

BoysMom3
07-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Love it!!

kittle42
07-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Why in heaven's name would you *not* trade Thornton and/or Jackson for Rasmus right now? This team is without a major league CF.

doublem23
07-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Why in heaven's name would you *not* trade Thornton and/or Jackson for Rasmus right now? This team is without a major league CF.

Only reason I can think not to trade Jackson is that the 6-man rotation really seems to be working for these guys. Buehrle's looked sharper than he has in years... I don't trust Jake Peavy to make it to September especially if you have to increase his workload... And Humber has never thrown this many innings before in his career, who knows when fatigue will be a factor?

I agree on Thornton, though, he is definitely superfluous and we have needs.

PeteWard
07-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Lip,

I wish Ozzie would have benched Rios tonight at least for the rest of the game.

I don't care for Rios, but Alexei should have been under that ball by the time Rios got there. The CF can call him off but I don't think Rios did.

Zisk77
07-26-2011, 12:50 AM
The look on Ruffin's face after the A.J. Bomb was priceless! Welcome to the show rook.:redneck

PeteWard
07-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Good to see someone other than CQ homer --first time since the break.

Beckham in a strange little defensive slump. One error all year and then three in the last week or so. Unless Boston makes an error tonight, the Sox will fall to second in least AL errors. So still happy with defense and love the quirky out Crain got off AJs shin guard. I have never seen anything like that in 45 years of watching baseball.

Need Peavy to be strong tomorrow. Sox rising! :bandance:

voodoochile
07-26-2011, 01:05 AM
This and that:

Lip

I'd say it's consistent with his philosophy that the players need to be responsible. The fact they have access to the scouting report is what's important. IDK how different that is from other teams if they have regular meetings to discuss the pitchers they are facing or if this is standard practice so I can't comment past that.

hawkjt
07-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Very timely comeback on a perfect summer nite with a big crowd vs the 1st place team the Sox are chasing.

MB- What can you say? He is a Sox alltimer.
Carlos is in a good groove since the allstar break.
Now,maybe PK can start rolling again.
Juan continues hot.
Thats three...we need a few more.
Big V tomorrow nite...just the biggest game of the year gang.
If you get Verlander, then the Tigers are searching the next 4 games.
Must get one of these two,tho,and come out no worse than 3.5 back.

kufram
07-26-2011, 03:45 AM
I could see Thornton going, but I'm not sure the best bet isn't to go with what we've got. That will be popular here, I'm sure. I just can't see it being blown up. We do not want to trade a starter in my opinion.

I know nothing of Rasmus but I read he's been struggling. We really need a struggling outfielder.

doublem23
07-26-2011, 06:32 AM
I know nothing of Rasmus but I read he's been struggling. We really need a struggling outfielder.

Well, it's not like he has to give us much to improve over Rios

PeteWard
07-26-2011, 07:07 AM

Yes but adjusting to a new league and pitchers he has never seen before could spell for a very poor BA.

Chez
07-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Only reason I can think not to trade Jackson is that the 6-man rotation really seems to be working for these guys. Buehrle's looked sharper than he has in years... I don't trust Jake Peavy to make it to September especially if you have to increase his workload... And Humber has never thrown this many innings before in his career, who knows when fatigue will be a factor?

I agree on Thornton, though, he is definitely superfluous and we have needs.

That's about three reasons to keep Jackson (and I agree with all of them)! Encouraging win. I've got a good feeling about this week.

Zakath
07-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Yes but adjusting to a new league and pitchers he has never seen before could spell for a very poor BA.

Not that his current .245 is earth-shattering (or his .421 SLG). He also strikes out a fair amount (148 times last year, 76 so far this year).

I think we already have a left-handed bat who strikes out way too much.

Fisk Fan
07-26-2011, 08:42 AM
I don't care for Rios, but Alexei should have been under that ball by the time Rios got there. The CF can call him off but I don't think Rios did.

It's the CF's call every time, but if we had 1/2 a motivated CF, all of those balls would have been caught by the CF. It's difficult to watch Rios suck at the plate and dog it in the outfield. If he's struggling at the plate that's one thing, but you can at least hustle and make defensive plays if you have any pride in your job (ala Gordon Beckham). Rios throws to the wrong base, jogs to the gap and is overall lazy, which especially sucks when you're trying to win a division. I just freakin hate lazy players.......:angry:

kufram
07-26-2011, 08:48 AM

True. If we can trade Rios for Rasmus, no matter how much he is struggling, it would be good... if life was that simple, eh?

Rios appears to me to be a mental drag on the team. I don't think Dunn is.

October26
07-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Said hello to Verlander from the patio tonight. Don't worry, I rattled his nerves.

:rolling: & :thumbsup:

We'll see tonite the real impact you had on Verlander. If he's on the mound cursing and saying: "Damn you, Marqhead" then we'll know that you done good! :tongue:

Go Sox!

steviestayfresh
07-26-2011, 09:52 AM
I was at last night's game. Couple of observations...

First, I know it was 1/2 price Monday, but 37,000+ was a great crowd last night. Lots of energy and enthusiasm.

Second, The offense showed signs of life! It was really nice to see Brent Morel not try to do too much at the plate. Looked like he was relaxed and just tried to do as much as he could with the pitches he was given. A good sign that he had 2 solid hits to the opposite field. We need Brent to carry some of the load while Rios and Dunn have their heads up their asses.

Thirdly, Who would have ever thought in the beginning of the season that opposing teams would be intentionally walking PK to GET to Adam Dunn. I just thought that was funny.

Finally, I've been to several games this year, and I just noticed last night that the new organist definitely does not play "Nah Nah Nah Nah Hey Hey Goodbye" the same way Nancy did. :whiner:

And lastly, to complain about Rios...his head clearly isn't in the game. He has to take charge on those 2 bloopers. And then he almost collides with Pierre on a ball to left? Lack of communication all around. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I believe Rios put the ball in play/made an out on the 2nd pitch of every at bat. The hit that he did have up the middle was ugly. He tomahawk chopped the ball and it took a nice bounce off the mound.

guillensdisciple
07-26-2011, 10:21 AM
One thing I will say that is very impressive about this White Sox team is that they ARE 1 game under with two huge black holes in the line up in Dunn and Rios and one of them is hitting in a pivotal position for the team. That call, of course, is on the manager but I won't get into semantics of Ozzie Guillen because that has been discussed. For what it's worth though, the White Sox sure as hell have done an okay job despite their horrific production. I know the what if game never applies, but man would this team be raking if those two produced anywhere near their averages. I am talking one of the best in the bigs at the moment.

Alas, we have what we have and I don't see anyone coming to their averages. The White Sox have to win in spite of the lack of production by two of their alleged big guns.

DSpivack
07-26-2011, 10:39 AM
True. If we can trade Rios for Rasmus, no matter how much he is struggling, it would be good... if life was that simple, eh?

Rios appears to me to be a mental drag on the team. I don't think Dunn is.

Rios is going nowhere.

kevingrt
07-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Why did Oz have to use Crain, Sale, and Santos? Are any of those three going to be available today?

Lip Man 1
07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Kevin:

Because Ozzie "loves" his match up garbage.

Santos probably isn't available tonight, Sale may not be either because they will have pitched (I think) three games in a row.

But again the way Ozzie handles a bullpen, who the hell knows for sure.

Lip

doublem23
07-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Why did Oz have to use Crain, Sale, and Santos? Are any of those three going to be available today?

Probably not Crain who threw 31 pitches, but Sale and Santos only threw 8 and 5 respectively so I'd imagine they could be used if needed. Even if not, Bruney hasn't pitched in a week, Ohman not in at least 8 days, and Thornton not in 4 days. There's options.

Lip Man 1
07-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Double makes a valid point although you also have to factor in the amount of pitches warming up to enter the game.

I don't know if the Sox track those or even consider it a concern, some clubs do however.

Lip

doublem23
07-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Double makes a valid point although you also have to factor in the amount of pitches warming up to enter the game.

I don't know if the Sox track those or even consider it a concern, some clubs do however.

Lip

I don't know if the Sox keep track of those or if they don't but no public source does so I have no idea what those would be.

The Dude
07-26-2011, 11:08 AM
There is no scientific data, but TCQ is better with a beard.

Agreed, there is a sense of power to the beard. :gulp:

kufram
07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Rios is going nowhere.

Obviously.... hence the "if life was that simple" part later.

DSpivack
07-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Obviously.... hence the "if life was that simple" part later.

Sorry, reading comprehension helps. :redface:

SSrep
07-26-2011, 11:22 AM
That will work!!! Now go get the "ace" Verlander again tomorrow night - did it last week - the boys can do it again!

The way the season has gone... this is a great sign! Time for the Sox to get hot and grab this division - it's there for the taking - the guys just need to "want it" enough. The pitching is there... just need more offense like we saw tonight and the Sox will be fine.

I "hope" they can "win" these next two "games" against "Detroit"!

Zisk77
07-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Kevin:

Because Ozzie "loves" his match up garbage.

Santos probably isn't available tonight, Sale may not be either because they will have pitched (I think) three games in a row.

But again the way Ozzie handles a bullpen, who the hell knows for sure.

Lip

Oh please, are you kidding me? We HAD to win last night. If og didn't use those three and we lost you would be crucifying him.

Santos faced 2 batters, abd threw 5 whole pitches, he'll be available. Sale faced 3 batters. I'm sure he could be used at least to face one lefty. Thornton is gtg. Crain might need a day off.

Really, we are whining about the pen use last night?Really?

You know who is whining about the pen use last night? These guys http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?91624-07-25-11-DETROIT-VS-WHITE-SOX-8-10-PM

pretty funny reading actually. They want Leyland fired. Maybe we can combine and sit around a campfire and sing Kumbaya.

GlassSox
07-26-2011, 12:12 PM

A decent center fielder with a little hustle would have taken charge and made that play. Rios looks like he is just going through the motions.

doublem23
07-26-2011, 12:47 PM
You know who is whining about the pen use last night? These guys http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?91624-07-25-11-DETROIT-VS-WHITE-SOX-8-10-PM

pretty funny reading actually. They want Leyland fired. Maybe we can combine and sit around a campfire and sing Kumbaya.

Great read, I especially like how they basically all say the same things we say about the Sox over here.

ChiSoxGal85
07-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Great read, I especially like how they basically all say the same things we say about the Sox over here.
That is so funny. Basically, you can just switch some of the team, player, and manager names around, and voila ~ you have a Sox board. Or a Twins board. :D:

FielderJones
07-26-2011, 01:26 PM

The Tigers are in first place and Leyland is the worst in-game manager in the major leagues. Sounds like another fan base I know :whistle:

Foulke You
07-26-2011, 03:19 PM
A decent center fielder with a little hustle would have taken charge and made that play. Rios looks like he is just going through the motions.
I'm frustrated with Rios too but I really am not going to hang that second dropped fly ball on him. Alexei was barreling towards it and appeared to have it tracked and then stopped suddenly. It was Alexei's ball and he just gave up on it and by then it was too late for Rios to do anything about it. Anyway, it is water under the bridge at this point. I look for tighter defense tonight against Verlander.

GlassSox
07-26-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm frustrated with Rios too but I really am not going to hang that second dropped fly ball on him. Alexei was barreling towards it and appeared to have it tracked and then stopped suddenly. It was Alexei's ball and he just gave up on it and by then it was too late for Rios to do anything about it. Anyway, it is water under the bridge at this point. I look for tighter defense tonight against Verlander.

Yes water under the bridge and we can agree to disagree.

Lip Man 1
07-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Zisk:

And part of the reason the Sox "had to" win that game last night was because of the bullpen implosions in April no? And how were some of those handled?

Lip

kittle42
07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Zisk:

And part of the reason the Sox "had to" win that game last night was because of the bullpen implosions in April no? And how were some of those handled?

Lip

That one game against the A's where he brought in an already blown-up Sale was probably Ozzie's worst-managed game of the season.

doublem23
07-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Zisk:

Lip

So, are you suggesting that since the Sox lost some games early in the season they shouldn't use their bes bullpen arms for big games in late July?

Zisk77
07-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Zisk:

Lip

I don't see where those implosions were from mismanagement. No one knew who the closer was going to be then. I guess OG should have gotten his crystal ball out of the cleaners and known Santos was going to be the man.

I think the poor play of the team in april, may, june, etc. made yesterday a must win.

I really don't think their is any valid argument that OG mismangaed the pen last night. I can understand you wanting OG gone, and you can find a plethora of reasons why, but last night was not one.

"Never save a pitcher for tomorrow. Tomorrow it might rain" ' Casey Stengel.

SBSoxFan
07-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Oh please, are you kidding me? We HAD to win last night. If og didn't use those three and we lost you would be crucifying him.

Santos faced 2 batters, abd threw 5 whole pitches, he'll be available. Sale faced 3 batters. I'm sure he could be used at least to face one lefty. Thornton is gtg. Crain might need a day off.

Really, we are whining about the pen use last night?Really?

Detroit's bullpen management was odd last night. I thought Leyland was managing the game for Tuesday. Why else would he leave in a rookie reliever to start the 7th after Detroit had cut the lead to 2? No, Leyland is banking on Verlander to come up big tonight and wanted the back end of his bullpen ready.

As I type this, it's not a good bet so far. :D: