PDA

View Full Version : Groupon Sox Deal

KRS1
07-25-2011, 03:27 PM
So, unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it up to Chicago this year to take advantage of this deal, but I thought I'd pass it along anyway.

Lower Reserved Ticket and a Two Hour Patio Party with Buffet and Drinks at a Chicago White Sox Game. Choose from Twelve Dates. $65.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-chicago-white-sox?c=button&utm_content=all-deals_chicago&date=20110725&division=chicago&p=5&s=body&sid=10933609&utm_campaign=gl-chicago-white-sox&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&user=a288d7340c88f7e7fd13a1526598f85c409e29ee0ffa2 8d467d482f6f4119315

amsteel
07-25-2011, 03:50 PM
I was hoping to buy the patio ticket only and grab tix off Stubhub for the Friday game and save some $$, but Stubhub is holding steady at about 40$ for the cheapest seat. There are a ton of seats on Stubhub right now, so I'm thinking (hoping) the market will collapse closer to gameday.

I'm guessing dynamic pricing isn't working too well for the Boston/NYY series hence the deal.

hi im skot
07-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I was hoping to buy the patio ticket only and grab tix off Stubhub for the Friday game and save some $$, but Stubhub is holding steady at about 40$ for the cheapest seat. There are a ton of seats on Stubhub right now, so I'm thinking (hoping) the market will collapse closer to gameday.

I'm guessing dynamic pricing isn't working too well for the Boston/NYY series hence the deal.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to do on this for Sunday's game.. Sox/Cubs tickets ended up being pretty cheap the night before, but none of those games featured Frank Thomas day.

amsteel
07-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to do on this for Sunday's game.. Sox/Cubs tickets ended up being pretty cheap the night before, but none of those games featured Frank Thomas day.

It's been my experience that prices bottom out right before the game. At that point people just want to move the tickets and get anything back. It makes planning difficult to wait that long, but saves you some extra $$$. The Frank Thomas thing does throw a wrench into the equation.

If you can sit at a computer all day, some great deals pop up day of game on Stubhub.

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2011, 05:36 PM
It's been my experience that prices bottom out right before the game. At that point people just want to move the tickets and get anything back. It makes planning difficult to wait that long, but saves you some extra $$$. The Frank Thomas thing does throw a wrench into the equation.

If you can sit at a computer all day, some great deals pop up day of game on Stubhub.
Does this even apply to games on weekends? There's this game on a Saturday in September that I'd really like to go to, but I don't really feel like paying the premium price for a lower level ticket.

kittle42
07-25-2011, 05:41 PM

I've got two in Sec. 146 at season ticket face value of $48. PM me if interested. Can't attend myself.