PDA

View Full Version : Humber to bullpen temporarily

doublem23
07-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Sox are going to skip his next start to try and keep his arm fresh. Will be available out of bullpen for Tigers series.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110724&content_id=22224548&notebook_id=22224550&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws

thomas35forever
07-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Wonder what that says about Ozzie's confidence in the rest of the rotation.

Hartman
07-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Did you guys see the interview where Ozzie explains this? He couldn't even name off the order of his own starting rotation...he asked the reporters what it was. :scratch:

Chez
07-25-2011, 07:46 AM
For the next couple of days, this gives the Sox another quality rhp out of the pen -- Ozzie can go to Humber rather than Bruney in the 6th or 7th inning against Magglio or Peralta. That could be huge.

The Immigrant
07-25-2011, 07:52 AM
For the next couple of days, this gives the Sox another quality rhp out of the pen -- Ozzie can go to Humber rather than Bruney in the 6th or 7th inning against Magglio or Peralta. That could be huge.

Ozzie will also need someone to go 2+ innings once Peavy flames out on Tuesday (i.e., once he's thrown around 75 pitches).

hawkjt
07-25-2011, 08:45 AM
I think it makes a lot of sense. In the last 15 days the Sox have played only 8 games. With another day off on Thursday, that would make it 11 games in 19 days...with a six man rotation,that would mean one guy would only start once in 19 days? Humber has looked tired his last two starts,at least in the 6th innings and beyond. He has thrown more innnings that ever at this point in the season.
A week off might be just what he needs to power thru the rest of the season.
Plus, I wanted our best vs the Tigers, so with MB and Danks,we got 2 of 3 of our best.Humber is not the way he is throwing the last two games. Peavy? Must come thru.

ShooterMcGavin
07-25-2011, 04:54 PM
I think it makes a lot of sense. In the last 15 days the Sox have played only 8 games. With another day off on Thursday, that would make it 11 games in 19 days...with a six man rotation,that would mean one guy would only start once in 19 days? Humber has looked tired his last two starts,at least in the 6th innings and beyond. He has thrown more innnings that ever at this point in the season.
A week off might be just what he needs to power thru the rest of the season.
Plus, I wanted our best vs the Tigers, so with MB and Danks,we got 2 of 3 of our best.Humber is not the way he is throwing the last two games. Peavy? Must come thru.

He has looked tired in his last two starts, and is approaching a career high in innings pitched, so I'm happy with the temporary move to the bullpen.