PDA

View Full Version : *Official* We Own This Club Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
07-24-2011, 03:00 PM
That was nice.:cool:

guillensdisciple
07-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Nice win, now have to take 2 out of 3 against the Tigers.

Hopefully Twins pull it out tonight.

amsteel
07-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Hell of a play by Omar to end it.

Jackson boosting his trade value.

This team playing just well enough to keep us all somewhat interested.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Love this pitching, hate this hitting.

It feels good to actually be on the other side of this "owning" thing for a change.

BoysMom3
07-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Very nice. I only have one complaint. If Dunn had hustled down to first on that play that Cabrera bobbled, he would have been safe. Unacceptable.

all*star quentin
07-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Nice win, now have to take 2 out of 3 against the Tigers.

Hopefully Twins pull it out tonight.

I want 3 out of 3.:cool:

OmahaSoxFan
This abbreviated sweep of the Toons should give the Sox some nice momentum heading into the big series against the Tigers this week!

The boys got some breaks today, but took advantage of them and got the win. Its nice to own an AL Central opponent, but seriously - the Sox need to figure out how to consistently play well and beat the Tigers, Royals and especially Twins...

soltrain21
Now, if only we can start to get respectable against the Twins and the Royals.

A. Cavatica
07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Unless and until they actually get into second place, I still they're just ****ing with us. They'll probably pick up a game or two before the trade deadline, causing KW to pass up opportunities to improve the club in the future, and then go right back to their usual .470 clip.

shingo10
07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Well if we can find a way to start playing decent at home we could make things interesting in this next week.

I'm far from sold on this team and am still interested in what trades might be available.

October26
07-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Phew! I had *butterflies in the belly* in that bottom of the 9th (those drums in Cleveland give me the jitters). Fortunately, Sergio did not!

Good Sox pitching + the Sun + Sox defense = a White sox sweep of the Indians (I know it was only 2 games) but I'm still celebrating. :bandance: SOX WIN! :D:

russ99
07-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Nice win, always good to beat the tribe.

The Sox really need to step it up this homestand.

The next 13 games (Tigers, Red Sox, Yankees and @ Twins) should close the book on if we're a contender or pretender this year.

Soxfest
07-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks EJ enjoy STL.

Gavin
07-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Adam Dunn led the game in WPA for the Sox. That just might be a personal first for Dunn this season.

Lip Man 1
07-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Nice to "own" somebody for a change after the Twins, Tigers, Blue Jays and years of Oakland.

Pretty good road trip, 5-3...now we'll see what happens at home (where they haven't played well...)

Big series coming up.

Lip

shingo10
07-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks EJ enjoy STL.

Do you really put any stock into what Jon Heyman says?

thomas35forever
07-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Do you really put any stock into what Jon Heyman says?
If nobody did, he wouldn't have a job.

cards press box
07-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Always nice to say

:winner

Hope this gives the Sox have some momentum going into a bid homestand.

chisoxfanatic
07-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Love this pitching, hate this hitting.

It feels good to actually be on the other side of this "owning" thing for a change.
Indeed. After the Twins have been doing it to us for so long, it's nice to at least dominate somebody. Cleveland must hate playing us.
Nice to "own" somebody for a change after the Twins, Tigers, Blue Jays and years of Oakland.
I wouldn't put the Tigers up there in that same category. We were owning them until late last season!

Soxman219
07-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Pretty sure we all agree that this upcoming homestand is the biggest of the year so far. Good news is the Sox play well against teams above .500; Bad news, they play poorly at home. The division is there for the taking, don't fail us now White Sox.

guillensdisciple
07-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Only way I can see the Sox making it out alive is if they go 8-5 this next series and then own the division the rest of the way.

Lip Man 1
07-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Fanatic:

Depends on your definition of "owning." Mine is when one team has won 12 of the last 15 meetings....which Detroit has...through today.

Lip

voodoochile
07-24-2011, 03:36 PM
When you hit the ball really high and really far, sometimes good things happen. Nice inning by Sale too.

2 games under 4 games back, pending...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

LITTLE NELL
07-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Lucky to win today, but a win is a win.
Am up in Chicago this week and watched the game on Comcast, have not seen a game since the last time they were on WGN but are Hawk and Stone getting along these days. There was no interaction at all between them, what's going on?

SoxandtheCityTee
07-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I think that's just the rhythym they've settled into. Hawk says his piece, Stoney says his. It's not like the radio with Farmer constantly asking DJ, "Did you ever . . . ." But I don't perceive any problem between them, if that's what you mean.

bluedemon45
07-24-2011, 03:47 PM
After the KC series I was "done" with this team. Now they have me so pumped for this series. The time is now if they want to do anything.

LITTLE NELL
07-24-2011, 03:47 PM
I think that's just the rhythym they've settled into. Hawk says his piece, Stoney says his. It's not like the radio with Farmer constantly asking DJ, "Did you ever . . . ." But I don't perceive any problem between them, if that's what you mean.

I guess I'm not use to it, Hawk did not tell one story today from his playing days.

A. Cavatica
07-24-2011, 03:54 PM
After the KC series I was "done" with this team. Now they have me so pumped for this series. The time is now if they want to do anything.

Breathe.

No need to get excited until they, you know, get over .500. Or into second place. Or win five in a row.

Or fire Ozzie and Walker.

Chez
07-24-2011, 04:15 PM
A 6-4 home stand would be great. First game against an unknown, LH Tiger starter will set the tone.

soxfanreggie
07-24-2011, 04:19 PM
While gaining any ground would be nice, a sweep would put us at 52-51 versus their 53-50 and a lot of momentum in our favor. Let's go big here! C'mon Sox!

34rancher
07-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Very nice. I only have one complaint. If Dunn had hustled down to first on that play that Cabrera bobbled, he would have been safe. Unacceptable.

What do you expect from a guy who doesn't work hard in the offseason or care to improve then?

On a side note, that hit and run where Omar tried to throw the bat at the pitchout was hilarious.

wassagstdu
07-24-2011, 04:35 PM

That cost the Sox at least one run and that could have been huge if Vizquel did not make that play to end the game. It amazes me that in his position Dunn can't be bothered to hustle. Only a single -- not even, actually an error. Wouldn't be of any value to Dunn so to hell with it. He has got to sit for that. I am thinking a week or two...

PalehosePlanet
07-24-2011, 04:46 PM
That cost the Sox at least one run and that could have been huge if Vizquel did not make that play to end the game. It amazes me that in his position Dunn can't be bothered to hustle. Only a single -- not even, actually an error. Wouldn't be of any value to Dunn so to hell with it. He has got to sit for that. I am thinking a week or two...

A week or two? Get real.

34rancher
07-24-2011, 04:51 PM
A week or two? Get real.

Yeah no kidding. It should be a season or 2!

soltrain21
07-24-2011, 04:55 PM
What do you expect from a guy who doesn't work hard in the offseason or care to improve then?

On a side note, that hit and run where Omar tried to throw the bat at the pitchout was hilarious.

I see AJ dog it to first base all of the time. I also see Konerko shrug his shoulders before he gets out of the box.

DickAllen72
07-24-2011, 04:57 PM
I see AJ dog it to first base all of the time. I also see Konerko shrug his shoulders before he gets out of the box.
Pitchers and catchers get more of a pass at not running out routine grounders than other position players do for obvious reasons.

As for AJ, he hustles when it matters.

soltrain21
07-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Pitchers and catchers get more of a pass at not running out routine grounders than other position players do for obvious reasons.

As for AJ, he hustles when it matters.

Hustles when it matters? What the hell does that even mean?

PalehosePlanet
07-24-2011, 05:05 PM

Exactly. So if Adam would have slammed his bat to the ground and yelled **** from the top of his lungs that would have made it okay, apparently.

Noneck
07-24-2011, 05:13 PM

How do you know he didnt hustle? You do know he is nursing a bum knee, maybe he just was slow getting out of the batters box because of that.

JermaineDye05
07-24-2011, 05:19 PM
This team needs a blowout. It's been far too long since the Sox have scored double digits.

The thing that frustrates me most is that even in wins, this team leaves a bad taste in your mouth (well, mine at least). Since I was asleep during this one, I only have the box score and tweets during the game to go by, and judging by them, 4 runs on 3 errors by the Indians seems more of a case of the Indians losing than the White Sox winning.

This team better bring their bats against Boston.

soltrain21
07-24-2011, 05:50 PM
This team needs a blowout. It's been far too long since the Sox have scored double digits.

The thing that frustrates me most is that even in wins, this team leaves a bad taste in your mouth (well, mine at least). Since I was asleep during this one, I only have the box score and tweets during the game to go by, and judging by them, 4 runs on 3 errors by the Indians seems more of a case of the Indians losing than the White Sox winning.

You are quite the broken record at this point.

Gavin
07-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Agreed; it seems that even if the Sox do turn a page and somehow get above 0.500 it will be embarrassing to see a negative run differential well into August. Just have a few blowouts and stay in the positives for good.

JermaineDye05
07-24-2011, 05:54 PM
You are quite the broken record at this point.

So is this offense.

Nelfox02
07-24-2011, 06:01 PM

this has really been the story of the last couple months----they come out in a series and play flat, look terrible, lose at least one winnable game. and you find yourself saying "**** this.....forget these guys"

but then they come out and win game one of the next series, and you find yourself following it again becuase after all they are "only" a few games back....all of the sudden they put a couple wins together and you start to think "man if we could just go on a little run.....then"

and then bam......another awful game or series and you are right back down again

CRITICAL for them to take game 1 tomorrow night.......I really dont know much about the Kitten starter, but get that one and you dont need to beat Verlander and Scherzer to win the series

sweeps are great, and no doubt one vs DET right here would be huge....but given our position in the standings we need to at the very least win this series, get it done tomorrow Sox.

keep it going for once........please

SI1020
07-24-2011, 06:02 PM
A week or two? Get real. I agree with him.

JermaineDye05
07-24-2011, 06:08 PM
this has really been the story of the last couple months----they come out in a series and play flat, look terrible, lose at least one winnable game. and you find yourself saying "**** this.....forget these guys"

but then they come out and win game one of the next series, and you find yourself following it again becuase after all they are "only" a few games back....all of the sudden they put a couple wins together and you start to think "man if we could just go on a little run.....then"

and then bam......another awful game or series and you are right back down again

CRITICAL for them to take game 1 tomorrow night.......I really dont know much about the Kitten starter, but get that one and you dont need to beat Verlander and Scherzer to win the series

sweeps are great, and no doubt one vs DET right here would be huge....but given our position in the standings we need to at the very least win this series, get it done tomorrow Sox.

keep it going for once........please

A lefty that the Sox have never seen before. Good God.

If there was ever a time for the Sox to break out of their deficiency against unknown lefties, it's tomorrow.

Offense is key this series, as usual.

I'm confident the pitching will give us enough to win each game. It's time for the offense to actually step up for once.

34rancher
07-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Exactly. So if Adam would have slammed his bat to the ground and yelled **** from the top of his lungs that would have made it okay, apparently.

Adam doesn't get the chance to run to first that often, he should take advantage of his cardio for the week when he gets that chance.

doublem23
07-24-2011, 08:05 PM
So the Indians can't beat the Sox
The Sox can't beat the Twins
And the Twins can't beat the Tigers

hawkjt
07-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I hope Ozzie called Dunn into this office and reinforced how he has very little to do other than run hard the couple of times he makes contact each day...that hissed me off bigtime.

Thankfully, the Sox got away with it. Dunn did make pretty good contact twice on that at bat,missing the double by inches,then going deep to center. Sox do not get many breaks like that,and I will not toss it back.

Tomorrow nite is the biggest game of the year,period. Then Tues. Then Wed. Must take this series,and a sweep would be a huge boost to the whole organization. Fricking Twins stunk it up this weekend,and did not do anyone any favors. They suck,cept vs the Sox.

Win tomorrow,and crawl back within 3.5. The Tribe are starting to melt. Wish the Sox could have gotten that game in saturday while Sizemore and Choo are out and the Sox have their number. Still play them 11 more times. Must beat the Tigers.

Red Barchetta
07-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Hell of a play by Omar to end it.

Jackson boosting his trade value.

This team playing just well enough to keep us all somewhat interested.

I agree. That's the problem with .500 teams.

Funny because if this team was 12 games over .500 and only 4.5 games out of first place, we would be all excited. As bad as this team has underperformed, they are still in the race.

MikeW
07-24-2011, 08:28 PM
When Herrera messed up that fly ball from Dunn it reminded me of Sizemore back in 2005. The Indians announcers were having a fit that Herrera didn't put his sunglasses down.

PeteWard
07-24-2011, 08:50 PM

And there is a chance that EVERY team in the division could be in the minus column in run differential - in late July!!

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings

Cleveland alone is above at a measly +1. I know they don't give out trophies for differential, but this is a pretty clear indication of how lousy the division is this year.

chisoxfanatic
07-24-2011, 09:05 PM
And there is a chance that EVERY team in the division could be in the minus column in run differential - in late July!!

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings

Cleveland alone is above at a measly +1. I know they don't give out trophies for differential, but this is a pretty clear indication of how lousy the division is this year.
Look at the Twins at a -75. Their run differential is 73 less than us, yet they only trail us by 2.5 games and always pound us into submission. That's just sad!

kittle42
07-24-2011, 09:09 PM

The Indians, Tigers, Sox, and Twins are all mediocre-to-bad teams.

Zisk77
07-24-2011, 09:14 PM
When Herrera messed up that fly ball from Dunn it reminded me of Sizemore back in 2005. The Indians announcers were having a fit that Herrera didn't put his sunglasses down.

I think you mean Ezekial Carrerra.

34rancher
07-24-2011, 10:14 PM

Reminded me of Brant Brown. Santos pouting is still legendarily funny to me. Glad they pulled it off.

JB98
07-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Indians gave that one to the Sox. That's cool. I accept charity.

Jackson is having a much better season than his detractors would admit. He has good trade value, if KW wants to swing a deal.

But if the Sox think they can win this year, they should hold on to all their pitching.

Nellie_Fox
07-24-2011, 11:51 PM
The Indians announcers were having a fit that Herrera didn't put his sunglasses down.Must have been the radio guys. They TV announcers questioned it, but gave him the benefit of the doubt that the sun didn't cause it.

I wonder what Farmer had to say about it? I know players wearing their sunglasses on their hats makes him nuts, and it should. What's the point of having them up on your hat? If you suddenly need them, there's no way you can get them off the hat and on your face. Either wear them or don't; you can always wear the flip-down type if you don't want them on all the time.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-25-2011, 12:57 AM
Framer dwelt on the sunglasses so much you'd think it'd been a Sox player who'd made the error. Which God forbid, as it's one of his pet peeves.

thomas35forever
07-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Baseball's a crazy sport, isn't it?

JermaineDye05
07-25-2011, 01:45 AM

You forgot the part where the Sox can't beat the Tigers and can't beat Royals as well now.

doublem23
07-25-2011, 02:14 AM
You forgot the part where the Sox can't beat the Tigers and can't beat Royals as well now.

We can't beat the Tigers and Royals?

JermaineDye05
07-25-2011, 02:25 AM

Not lately.

Except for the past series, the Tigers have really been tough against the Sox for the past year+ (I think, not positive on the timeframe). Same goes for the Royals.

EDIT: Not as bad as I thought. The Sox do have a sub .500 record against Detroit since 2009 at 20-25. They're 22-22 against the Royals. Per Baseball Reference. The Twins record is sickening.

johnnyg83
07-25-2011, 06:26 AM
Not lately.

Except for the past series, the Tigers have really been tough against the Sox for the past year+ (I think, not positive on the timeframe). Same goes for the Royals.

EDIT: Not as bad as I thought. The Sox do have a sub .500 record against Detroit since 2009 at 20-25. They're 22-22 against the Royals. Per Baseball Reference. The Twins record is sickening.

Your point is still valid, 22-22 against one of the worst franchises in MLB is not only bad, it's confounding ... and unacceptable.

Zakath
07-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Look at the Twins at a -75. Their run differential is 73 less than us, yet they only trail us by 2.5 games and always pound us into submission. That's just sad!

Well, it's better to win a bunch of 1-run games and lose a 12-2 blowout than the other way around.

Run differential can be a bit misleading. The Brewers are -9 yet are 5 games over .500.

Zakath
07-25-2011, 07:44 AM

The last time was May 31 in Boston when they beat the Red Sox 10-7. Before that, you have to go back to April 6, and a 10-7 win at KC. The only other double-digit output was on Opening Day in Cleveland.

Note that all three of those are road games.

JermaineDye05
07-25-2011, 08:45 AM
The last time was May 31 in Boston when they beat the Red Sox 10-7. Before that, you have to go back to April 6, and a 10-7 win at KC. The only other double-digit output was on Opening Day in Cleveland.

Note that all three of those are road games.

It's sad because neither of those games were blowouts. In each case, it was a save situation.

I believe on opening day, Cleveland got within 3 or 4 after the Sox had scored 15.

Zakath
07-25-2011, 02:41 PM
It's sad because neither of those games were blowouts. In each case, it was a save situation.

I believe on opening day, Cleveland got within 3 or 4 after the Sox had scored 15.

We had a 14-0 lead after the fourth, only to see Cleveland cut it to 14-7 by the seventh. Sox scored one in the eighth, Toons added two more in the eighth and one in the ninth.

In the KC game, we fell behind 5-0 after in the fourth, scored 2 in the seventh, one in the eighth, and 4 in the ninth, giving up one in the eighth and ninth, winning it with 3 in the 12th.

At Boston, we had a 4-0 lead after 2, 5-1 after 3, 6-1 after 4, and 10-1 after 6. We then let the Red Sox score 2 in the eighth and 4 in the ninth.

So, yes, none were blowouts, or weren't at the end.

Hitmen77
07-25-2011, 03:31 PM

We're 3-6 vs. Detroit this year.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2011, 04:44 PM
And Detroit's won 12 of the last 15.

Lip