#1swisher
07-24-2011, 11:09 AM
CST_Soxvan

Humber to bullpen temporarily because of rainout back to rotation
after thurs off day.

Avoids Danks pitching on 8 days rest.

MDGonzales

Beuhrle, Peavy Danks vs. Det.

CSNChi_Beatnik (http://twitter.com/?lang=en&logged_out=1#%21/CSNChi_Beatnik)

Humber a little unnerved by move to pen; has been told nothing
definitive abt staying in rotation but Ozzie told us 6-man resumes
after Thurs.

balke
07-24-2011, 11:13 AM
CST_Soxvan

after thurs off day.

MDGonzales

CSNChi_Beatnik

after Thurs.

I find it tough to believe our best starter is going to the pen after 1 bad start and 1 bad inning.

I'm guessing this is sincere though and maybe a little extra rest for his arm due to his past history will do him some good.

billyvsox
07-24-2011, 11:15 AM
CST_Soxvan

after thurs off day.

MDGonzales

CSNChi_Beatnik

after Thurs.

Humber unnerved?? I bet he is.

Our best starter treated like this so Peavy and EJax dont get pushed back. More BS from our manager - I bet that clubhouse is so fun to be in '

balke
07-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Our best starter treated like this so Peavy and EJax dont get pushed back. More BS from our manager - I bet that clubhouse is so fun to be in '

Sounds like the Cards and Red Sox are looking hard at Sox pitchers. Could be a showcase of talent going on. He'll be back in the rotation after they trade Buehrle or Jackson.

russ99
07-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Sounds like the Cards and Red Sox are looking hard at Sox pitchers. Could be a showcase of talent going on. He'll be back in the rotation after they trade Buehrle or Jackson.

Yep. Trade deadline is next Sunday. This can't be a coincidence.

There's a rumor going around that Kenny is after Rasmus again, with Jackson and Thornton possibly going to St. Louis.

#1swisher
07-24-2011, 11:36 AM

Humber was unsettled enough by move from rotation, had been told
so little, I finally had to tell him Ozzie said he'd be back in after THUR

3 minutes ago

soltrain21
07-24-2011, 01:07 PM
They better be showcasing a starter. No reason to remove Humber from one start for any other reason than a showcase.

Boondock Saint
07-24-2011, 01:14 PM

Humber was unsettled enough by move from rotation, had been told
so little, I finally had to tell him Ozzie said he'd be back in after THUR

3 minutes ago

Gotta love how Ozzie takes care of his players.

jdm2662
07-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Gotta love how Ozzie takes care of his players.

A player's manager at its finest.

Noneck
07-24-2011, 02:55 PM
They better be showcasing a starter. No reason to remove Humber from one start for any other reason than a showcase.

I understand showcasing Jackson and Buerhle before the trade deadline but putting Peavy in pen instead of Humber is what makes sense.

Brian26
07-24-2011, 03:12 PM
I find it tough to believe our best starter is going to the pen after 1 bad start and 1 bad inning.

Humber had an unbelievable first half, but there are some signs of cracks in the armour right now (ie he can't get past the 6th inning of late). Add to that, he's approaching his career high in innings pitched.

Buehrle is our best starter right now.

TommyGavinFloyd
07-24-2011, 03:14 PM

I bet it is, it's a major league clubhouse. You people remind me of wrestling fans who hate someone because of what happens "backstage" even though you not only have never been back there, you also have never met any of the people involved. This place is really hard to read lately.

balke
07-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Humber had an unbelievable first half, but there are some signs of cracks in the armour right now (ie he can't get past the 6th inning of late). Add to that, he's approaching his career high in innings pitched.

Buehrle is our best starter right now.

I get your point - and to me Buehrle is pretty much always the best pitcher they have.

Statistically Humber leads the team in ERA and wins though - and that's after 2 rough games.

It's probably a showcase thing - and I think Humber could use the rest based on his career high in innings pitched.

sullythered
07-24-2011, 03:34 PM
I bet it is, it's a major league clubhouse. You people remind me of wrestling fans who hate someone because of what happens "backstage" even though you not only have never been back there, you also have never met any of the people involved. This place is really hard to read lately.

Yeah, it's tough to read anything except the Parking Lot right now. There are WAY too many people acting like they do with politics. Picking a side and then just fitting everything that happens into their narrow way of thinking, instead of looking at things critically, including their own opinions. It's unnerving.