PDA

View Full Version : JM Clean Shaven

Viva Magglio
07-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Both Jesse Rogers on the Score and Dave Wills on ESPN Radio 1000 pointed out that Jerry Manuel is clean shaven and connected it with our win tonight.

rmusacch
07-11-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Both Jesse Rogers on the Score and Dave Wills on ESPN Radio 1000 pointed out that Jerry Manuel is clean shaven and connected it with our win tonight.

Wow I don't remember the last time that Jerry was clean shaven.

kevingrt
07-11-2002, 09:42 PM
2000 Remember, then he grew it out in the play-offs and you know what we did then...

RedPinStripes
07-11-2002, 10:05 PM
Beard or not, he's still an over manager.

Jerry_Manuel
07-12-2002, 12:10 AM
From the Trib:

Manuel relaxed, enjoyed the three-day All-Star break and shaved off his beard.

"I went to Galena, to a bed-and-breakfast, and did some antiquing," he said. "I sat back and saw no news, no radio, no nothing."

RKMeibalane
07-12-2002, 01:54 AM
The tinkering never stops. Now, he's shaving again. What's next? Is he going to dye his hair?

Spiff
07-12-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The tinkering never stops. Now, he's shaving again. What's next? Is he going to dye his hair?

haha umm he just shaved....i do it like every day and nobody gets on my case.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-12-2002, 07:45 AM

Hey, the facial hair tinkering is rubbing off on his team, too. Valentin is sporting a new goat, and Danny Wright looks like a mental ward patient with his new shaved head. Thankfully, Buehrle has stepped back from the ledge with his bleach treatments.

:jerry
"Yea, I like to tinker. Most of the time it doesn't work out though."

RKMeibalane
07-12-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Spiff

haha umm he just shaved....i do it like every day and nobody gets on my case.

Yes, but you have not displayed a tendency to tinker with every little thing related to the White Sox. I wish Manuel would make a decision and then let things play themselves out for a few weeks. God forbid he show some trust in his players.

Spiff
07-12-2002, 03:05 PM

Yes, but you have not displayed a tendency to tinker with every little thing related to the White Sox. I wish Manuel would make a decision and then let things play themselves out for a few weeks. God forbid he show some trust in his players.

***...maybe he just didn't want a beard anymore...

his beard is not related to the white sox. it doesn't show he doesn't trust the players.

Iwritecode
07-12-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Spiff
***...maybe he just didn't want a beard anymore...

his beard is not related to the white sox. it doesn't show he doesn't trust the players.

I think he meant it because of the superstitious habits of pro athletes. If one guys eats chicken and goes on a long hot streak, you know he's going to keep eating chicken until it's over. If Jerry keeps shaving everyday and the Sox keep winning, you know he'll try something different just to see if it works. I think you're taking the comments a little too seriously. :smile:

Spiff
07-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I think he meant it because of the superstitious habits of pro athletes. If one guys eats chicken and goes on a long hot streak, you know he's going to keep eating chicken until it's over. If Jerry keeps shaving everyday and the Sox keep winning, you know he'll try something different just to see if it works. I think you're taking the comments a little too seriously. :smile:

I know what he meant. But I'm not taking anything too seriously.

kevingrt
07-12-2002, 03:26 PM

Buerhle dyes his hair, and look at him

PaleHoseGeorge
07-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Buerhle dyes his hair, and look at him

Hey, now there's a thought! Jerry Manuel as a bleached blonde!

:jerry
"I grew tired of the Grady look. I'm looking for something new."