PDA

View Full Version : Dan Patrick Interviews Konerko

Lip Man 1
07-21-2011, 05:13 PM
It's on page 18 of the print edition of Sports Illustrated this week. (Hope Solo on the cover...)

I'll give Paulie mega points for honesty:

DP: Will the White Sox reach the playoffs?

PK: "Jury's out. We're leaning against it because we haven't been playing good baseball. The hard part of saying no is that we're four out with 67 to go (through last Sunday). And we haven't really come close-other than maybe the first 10 games of the year-to where we feel like we're doing what we want to out there."

Lip

daveeym
07-21-2011, 05:22 PM
It's on page 18 of the print edition of Sports Illustrated this week. (Hope Solo on the cover...)

I'll give Paulie mega points for honesty:

DP: Will the White Sox reach the playoffs?

PK: "Jury's out. We're leaning against it because we haven't been playing good baseball. The hard part of saying no is that we're four out with 67 to go (through last Sunday). And we haven't really come close-other than maybe the first 10 games of the year-to where we feel like we're doing what we want to out there."

LipPaulie sucks, he's no team leader. He runs his mouth too much and throws people under the bus.

Did I get that right? That's generally been the consensus here the last 6 years till Peavy took that crown from him.

Lip Man 1
07-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Davee:

Ummmm not sure what your saying?

I have made the comment more than once that guys like Paulie, Buehrle, Dye and Thome are great individuals, outstanding players but being a vocal team leader is not their way. That's not who they are.

They lead by example.

I personally think, based on having spoken to a number of players and former players, that having some vocal, in-your-face type guys are good for a baseball club.

When Pale Hose George publishes one of the two stories that I've sent him, you can read what a former player has to say about that point of view.

Lip

captain54
07-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Paulie sucks, he's no team leader. He runs his mouth too much and throws people under the bus.

Did I get that right? That's generally been the consensus here the last 6 years till Peavy took that crown from him.

this is a sinking ship going down fast and no amount of rah rah in-your-face is gonna change that. The problems run deep and a fiery clubhouse guy isn't gonna change that

Brian26
07-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Paulie sucks, he's no team leader. He runs his mouth too much and throws people under the bus.

Nothing he said should be considered throwing anyone under the bus. He was honest and optimistic, and if anyone on that teams thinks they've played their best ball yet, they need a lobotomy. ****, I have more respect for him by saying that then giving some sugar-coated bull**** answer. What he said is fact. You think Adam Dunn or Rios or Teahen is going to get upset with Konerko because he said they're not playing good enough to win it? Cmon.