PDA

View Full Version : What will today bring?

Viva Medias B's
07-21-2011, 09:54 AM
We touched upon this in the postgame thread from last night, but do you think we'll see anything significant happen today? This morning, Hanley and Rozner on the Score were strongly suggesting that something should/could happen today whether it be Viciedo being called up or Walker getting fired. Will comething happen today, or will it be the same ho-hum as we march into Cleveland.

VenturaFan23
07-21-2011, 09:55 AM
I was just going to post this saying that Rozner said that Walker could be in trouble. LOL, it's been a bad week for me and I needed a good laugh! Thanks Barry!

jdm2662
07-21-2011, 09:56 AM
What will today bring?

Sweat if you are outside for very long...

delben91
07-21-2011, 09:58 AM
I'll be shocked if any major move happens. There have been a half dozen times this season where I expected some organizational change and yet there was none. I don't see why today would buck that trend.

kevingrt
07-21-2011, 09:58 AM
I was just going to post this saying that Rozner said that Walker could be in trouble. LOL, it's been a bad week for me and I needed a good laugh! Thanks Barry!

Walker was the first name I thought of when I read Ozzie's postgame rant last night about protecting people. Oh well we shall see. Hopefully this off day will be more entertaining then watching this team play. But that isn't too hard right now.

tstrike2000
07-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Maybe Greg Walker practices some sort of mysticism and he casts his "I can never be fired" spell over the White Sox organization. It's the only thing I can come up with.

TheOldRoman
07-21-2011, 10:06 AM
The Sox will probably extend Walker with a pay raise just to quell the rumors and take the hitters' minds off of it. That'll get them hitting again.

DickAllen72
07-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Maybe Greg Walker practices some sort of mysticism and he casts his "I can never be fired" spell over the White Sox organization. It's the only thing I can come up with.
If Ozzie tells Walker he's fired, Walker will just call up JR crying that Ozzie is being mean again and JR will tell Ozzie to apologize.

hawkjt
07-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Best we can probably hope for is that Dunn is told he is being DL'd for his knee,and sent down to the minors for ten days of work on his swing.
Then Dayan is up,and plugged into the lineup every day.

I could live with this. Sick of watching Dunn struggle...get him out of my sight for the next 12 days.

Just heard Cooper on the Score,he is boiling hot,like everyone. Called Hanley a bleep on air...I agree with Coop on that one. Called Rozner out for saying that Humber is on a bad roll...agree again. Rozner and hanley are both jerks,imo.
I still remember Rozner saying in March that he guarantees that Peavy will not see the mound til July and that the Sox brass are blowing smoke about him....wrong again Barry.

Hartman
07-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Nothing will happen. If it does, it's too late and just exemplifies the ineptness.

Risk
07-21-2011, 10:33 AM
I doubt anything will happen. I've heard so much speculation so many times this season that big changes are a comin', yet nothing happens and it's the same crappy play from an underachieving team.

Risk

hi im skot
07-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Nothing.

Cangelosi CF
07-21-2011, 10:37 AM
I was just going to post this saying that Rozner said that Walker could be in trouble. LOL, it's been a bad week for me and I needed a good laugh! Thanks Barry! Yeah, that was humorous! :D:

Hitmen77
07-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Today will bring another sweltering afternoon and I'll try to stay inside as much as possible.

....oh, you mean with the Sox? NOTHING. All we get from Ozzie is tirades and lashing out at the fans. That's done wonders to fire up this team! :rolleyes:

KW, Ozzie, and Walker aren't going anywhere. If anything, we'll hear more crap about how they're doing a great job. Maybe Ozzie will also reiterate that he really has no place for Viciedo in the lineup.

Bucky F. Dent
07-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Dunn to the DL, Viciedo called up. Nothing more than that.

DirtySox
07-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Nothing.

But Walker fired and Dayan/De Aza called up would be nice.

billcissell
07-21-2011, 11:53 AM
If Dunn goes on the DL and Vizciedo is called up, that would be a move in the right direction. Otherwise, Guillen and Walker aren't going anywhere at this point in the season. When the year is over, and this team is sitting below .500, JR should take a long, hard look at his GM. Maybe he's the guy that needs to go.

harwar
07-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Dunn to the DL, Viciedo called up. Nothing more than that.

might be bad timing on this as Viciedo isn't tearing it up like he was in may and june .. but he has cut his strikeout rate down and raised his walk rate up this month ..

amsteel
07-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Walker could be in trouble.

The Titanic also has some buoyancy issues.

LITTLE NELL
07-21-2011, 01:04 PM
The manager and all his coaches should be shown the door. Coop can stay. I want all new faces hopefully from outside this screwed up organization. KW can stay because at the time he signed all these high salaried under-performers, 90% of us thought they were good moves.
The manager said last night that the bench was dead, is it not the job of the managers and coaches to motivate these guys. That being said I wish we would fire some of our players. As a bunch they are probably the dumbest hitters in baseball with no clue on what the situation calls for at any given time. How many times do we see a guy swinging at the first pitch after the opposing pitcher has just walked a guy on 4 straight pitches, how many times do we see a guy swinging for the fences when just a little single will win the game. Do we ever hit to the opposite field, I'm sure sometimes we do but I bet we would be at the bottom of the pack in that category. I watch a lot of Rays and Marlins games and I see those guys hitting to the opposite field way more than we do. Don't see too much of the hit and run play either. I've got a hunch the manager has very little confidence in our guys to pull off hit and run plays.

JB98
07-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Today will bring me talking about how much the White Sox stink against divisional foes:

5-8 so far in this 19-game stretch.
11-19 for the season.
43-59 since Opening Day 2010.

42 of the remaining 64 games are against AL Central foes. It's already ugly. It may stay ugly the rest of the way.

Nelfox02
07-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I actually thought after the piss poor way we headed into the All Star break, something might happen that Wed/Thurs

but nada.....after that came and went I firmly believe that there will really be no changes made over the course of the regular season

BigKlu59
07-21-2011, 01:13 PM
The manager and all his coaches should be shown the door. Coop can stay. I want all new faces hopefully from outside this screwed up organization. KW can stay because at the time he signed all these high salaried under-performers, 90% of us thought they were good moves.
The manager said last night that the bench was dead, is it not the job of the managers and coaches to motivate these guys. That being said I wish we would fire some of our players. As a bunch they are probably the dumbest hitters in baseball with no clue on what the situation calls for at any given time. How many times do we see a guy swinging at the first pitch after the opposing pitcher has just walked a guy on 4 straight pitches, how many times do we see a guy swinging for the fences when just a little single will win the game. Do we ever hit to the opposite field, I'm sure sometimes we do but I bet we would be at the bottom of the pack in that category. I watch a lot of Rays and Marlins games and I see those guys hitting to the opposite field way more than we do. Don't see too much of the hit and run play either. I've got a hunch the manager has very little confidence in our guys to pull off hit and run plays.

OUCH... Nell, you make so much sense that it makes my brain hurt...

Icredulous team to watch.. I'm about out of "What the ****s?" with this team right now... If they were bad no name nobody's I could understand this ****..,But when the "Talent" is there and the execution lacks you begin to wonder if these guys are already playing out the string..

BK59

BigKlu59
07-21-2011, 01:16 PM
The Titanic also has some buoyancy issues.

+1... and a delusional money man... Script sounds about right..

BK59

thomas35forever
07-21-2011, 01:18 PM
A day of rest and relaxation.

mccoydp
07-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Nothing will happen, of course. Everyone's job is still safe.

Gavin
07-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Chris Sale can't **** up a game today, so we got going for us.

LITTLE NELL
07-21-2011, 01:50 PM
One other point, maybe I should not give KW a pass.
When was the last time this team brought up a posistion player that really went through our minor league system? Beckham does not count as he was in college and spent I think only a half year at AAA ball. TCM came straight from Cuba to the Sox. What it boils down to is that we really don't know what the White Sox philosophy is and what they are teaching down at the minor leagues. If I'm not mistaken Aaron Rowand and Joe Crede might be the last guys that we devoloped all the way through our system and became solid Major League players.
The Twins on the other hand bring up guys all the time that started in A ball, advanced through their system and know how to play the game, thats one of the reasons they beat the crap out of us all the time. The Rays have a ton of guys on their team that are home grown and know how to play the game.
I brought this up a few times but I'll never forget it, when the Sunshine Boys bought the club Eddie Einhorn in an interview stated that the minor leagues were over-rated and you built your club through smart trades and free agency. WRONG.

BigKlu59
07-21-2011, 02:03 PM
One other point, maybe I should not give KW a pass.
When was the last time this team brought up a posistion player that really went through our minor league system? Beckham does not count as he was in college and spent I think only a half year at AAA ball. TCM came straight from Cuba to the Sox. What it boils down to is that we really don't know what the White Sox philosophy is and what they are teaching down at the minor leagues. If I'm not mistaken Aaron Rowand and Joe Crede might be the last guys that we devoloped all the way through our system and became solid Major League players.
The Twins on the other hand bring up guys all the time that started in A ball, advanced through their system and know how to play the game, thats one of the reasons they beat the crap out of us all the time. The Rays have a ton of guys on their team that are home grown and know how to play the game.
I brought this up a few times but I'll never forget it, when the Sunshine Boys bought the club Eddie Einhorn in an interview stated that the minor leagues were over-rated and you built your club through smart trades and free agency. WRONG.

Sounds like Eddie used to go to Su Casa and belt a few with Bill Wirtz and Bob Pulford.. Their philosophy of picking up "talented " bruised apples in the dirt, instead of plucking one from the tree was the true formula for mediocrity.. Real head banging into the wall kinda stuff in town and they wonder whay they continue to have migranes..

BK59

Crestani
07-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Everyone just needs to relax on this board. When the weather warms up look out, this lineup will just explode...!!!

Johnny Mostil
07-21-2011, 02:27 PM

And Adam Dunn won't fan once! Even against left-handers!

Carolina Kenny
07-21-2011, 02:28 PM
And the painted ponies go round and round in the Circle Game.

And the painted Donkey is a steaming pile of crap. The worst player in MLB history since 1906 and no one in this organization has the balls to change anything.

I was out of town at a hotel and left a wake up call for 7:00 AM.

In the morning my Mom called me and said get off your ass and get a real job.

That was my wake up call.

Tragg
07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
There's not much they can do really. Okay, they could fire Walker; maybe throw Dunn on the DL and call someone up.
Using resources to improve this team for this year would be foolhardy ("good money after bad").
The big changes will come after the season: Williams, Guillen, probably both.

BigHurt3515
07-21-2011, 02:44 PM

Can you please tell me how Sale ****ed up a game?? In his last 16 innings he has let up 3 ER. In that span his ERA has dropped from 4.23 to 3.49. In the last 2 months he has let up 9 runs. He has been doing great since his bad start. And he sure didnt **** up the game last night. He has worked 3 innings only 1 other time this year. He did great last night.. Thorton/Crain/Offense blew it last night. You cant blame Sale

BigHurt3515
07-21-2011, 02:48 PM
He couldn't hold a one run lead.

So obviously it's his fault we lost.

We were tied when he came in wasnt it?? It was Thorton who let somebody get on an Crain let him come in.
And I know you used teal, Im just making sure I got it right

JermaineDye05
07-21-2011, 02:49 PM
We were tied when he came in wasnt it?? It was Thorton who let somebody get on an Crain let him come in.
And I know you used teal, Im just making sure I got it right

Yeah, I forgot about that which is why I deleted the post.

I'm on your side though.

Obviously, it's the offenses fault we lost yesterday.

Seriously, one ****ing run against Bruce Chen and the Royals bullpen.

BigHurt3515
07-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I forgot about that which is why I deleted the post.

I'm on your side though.

Obviously, it's the offenses fault we lost yesterday.

Seriously, one ****ing run against Bruce Chen and the Royals bullpen.

Exactly, you only can blame the offense. Pitching has been great.

aloha
07-21-2011, 03:05 PM
geez, one loss and everyone seems to want to dismantle the team. they are still in it. the smart move is to stand pat, i'm sure that is what ozzie and kw will do.

JermaineDye05
07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
geez, one loss and everyone seems to want to dismantle the team. they are still in it. the smart move is to stand pat, i'm sure that is what ozzie and kw will do.

Not one loss.

51 losses.

And a lot of underachieving seasons.

Gavin
07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Can you please tell me how Sale ****ed up a game?? In his last 16 innings he has let up 3 ER. In that span his ERA has dropped from 4.23 to 3.49. In the last 2 months he has let up 9 runs. He has been doing great since his bad start. And he sure didnt **** up the game last night. He has worked 3 innings only 1 other time this year. He did great last night.. Thorton/Crain/Offense blew it last night. You cant blame Sale

In his last two games he's given up two runs. He's not good in high leverage situations, and the last two games have been high leverage games due to the low-scoring. I'm not blaming him so much as saying today he can not give up a run.

kittle42
07-21-2011, 03:11 PM

"Still in it" is exactly how this team has been constructed since 2007. The fans shouldn't buy into that company line crap. You're in a horrible division. You should have a team capable of dominating it. They can't even beat the other teams in the division - teams that most everyone would agre should be worse than the Sox.

BigHurt3515
07-21-2011, 03:23 PM
In his last two games he's given up two runs. He's not good in high leverage situations, and the last two games have been high leverage games due to the low-scoring. I'm not blaming him so much as saying today he can not give up a run.

4 innings, 2 runs. He pitched back to back games. He came into the game with runners on 1st and 2nd after they came back and tied the game and got out of it. Threw 2.2 scoreless innings after that. Theres no way his name should even be mentioned in this thread

Gavin
07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
4 innings, 2 runs. He pitched back to back games. He came into the game with runners on 1st and 2nd after they came back and tied the game and got out of it. Threw 2.2 scoreless innings after that. Theres no way his name should even be mentioned in this thread

LAST NIGHT
He came on with two outs and got an out. Good for him for not giving up a base in that situation. Let's applaud him. Then Ozzie left him in for some stupid reason and the Sox ended up losing. Ozzie mismanaged and Sale, who has never pitched 3 IP in MLB in one game, ****ed up and lost. Seriously, 14 batters, 49 pitches for a guy who averages maybe 3/15.

TUESDAY NIGHT
Comes in down a run, gives up a homer and another hit. With the way the Sox've been playing, down one run might as well be down 100, so I guess it doesn't really matter. Never good to give another team an insurance run, though.

The point is he hasn't exactly been some sort of ace out there in the last two games. Sorry you got your panties in a bunch.

BigHurt3515
07-21-2011, 04:56 PM
LAST NIGHT
He came on with two outs and got an out. Good for him for not giving up a base in that situation. Let's applaud him. Then Ozzie left him in for some stupid reason and the Sox ended up losing. Ozzie mismanaged and Sale, who has never pitched 3 IP in MLB in one game, ****ed up and lost. Seriously, 14 batters, 49 pitches for a guy who averages maybe 3/15.

TUESDAY NIGHT
Comes in down a run, gives up a homer and another hit. With the way the Sox've been playing, down one run might as well be down 100, so I guess it doesn't really matter. Never good to give another team an insurance run, though.

The point is he hasn't exactly been some sort of ace out there in the last two games. Sorry you got your panties in a bunch.

Why does he have to be an ace?? He is middle reliever on a team that scores 3 runs a game if we get lucky. He comes in and does his job. He pitched 2 innings last night without giving up a run. Has only pitched 3 innings 1 other time. Not everyone can be perfect all the time. But as far as Im concerned, Chris Sale giving up 2 runs in 4 innings on back to back nights is the least of our worries. He has 1 off night on Tuesday and you make him out to be a reason why we are losing?? The offense has off nights 6 out of 7 times a week.
Our last 3 losses we have let up 2, 4, and 4 runs. We should win those games. The pitching staff did its job. The offense did not.
No pitcher should be thrown in there with the offense. The offense is the only reason to blame any of this on

Gavin
07-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Why does he have to be an ace?? He is middle reliever on a team that scores 3 runs a game if we get lucky. He comes in and does his job. He pitched 2 innings last night without giving up a run. Has only pitched 3 innings 1 other time. Not everyone can be perfect all the time. But as far as Im concerned, Chris Sale giving up 2 runs in 4 innings on back to back nights is the least of our worries. He has 1 off night on Tuesday and you make him out to be a reason why we are losing?? The offense has off nights 6 out of 7 times a week.
Our last 3 losses we have let up 2, 4, and 4 runs. We should win those games. The pitching staff did its job. The offense did not.
No pitcher should be thrown in there with the offense. The offense is the only reason to blame any of this on

I did not say Chris Sale was the reason we are losing. I said tonight we won't have to watch him **** up and give up runs, which he did in the last two nights. That's it. Quit blowing things out of proportion.

russ99
07-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Still waiting for Kenny to do something this year other than an injury-based call-up.

SoxSpeed22
07-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Nothing.

Noneck
07-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah