PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7/20 Royals won't let Sox win. Not by the hairs on their Chenny-Chen-Chen

JermaineDye05
07-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Not much else to say.

5 hits and 1 run against Bruce Chen and the Royals bullpen.

I don't know what you're waiting for, KW.

mccoydp
07-20-2011, 10:58 PM
****-ass game. One measly run?

OmahaSoxFan
07-20-2011, 10:59 PM
That's karma for ya I guess... we win a game earlier in the year on a wild pitch, then we lose to the freaking Royals (and lose yet ANOTHER series to an AL Central team) on a wild pitch tonight. Blow it up KW!

cleanwsox
Pitching is super fun to watch. Bruce ****ing Chen. Unbelievable.

WhiteSox5187
That's pretty ****ing pathetic. I see very little reason to have any degree of confidence in this team.

SoxSpeed22
Of ****ing course.
Blegh

doublem23
I had almost forgotten about the "Hey, let's not score any runs for John Danks" secret oath the position players took before this season.

JermaineDye05
That's karma for ya I guess... we win a game earlier in the year on a wild pitch, then we lose to the freaking Royals on a wild pitch tonight. Blow it up KW!

Makes up for the balk off win a while back.

PeteWard
I had a feeling that would happen after that 1-1 slider that almost hit the batter.

6-7 against the Div in this stretch. Only a sweep at Cle can make up for this crap.

Fisk Fan
Unreal. You couldn't have scripted that any better.....

JermaineDye05
07-20-2011, 11:00 PM
I had almost forgotten about the "Hey, let's not score any runs for John Danks" secret oath the position players took before this season.

I think you mean before his career with the White Sox began.

shingo10
07-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Season Ovah.

Please start the firesale.

Get rid of what you can and deal with the rest. The lineup couldn't be worse with "less" talented hitters.

ChiSoxGirl
07-20-2011, 11:01 PM
What a steaming pile. :angry: 2011 White Sox: Finding new ways to lose, one day at a time.

WhiteSox5187
I had a feeling that would happen after that 1-1 slider that almost hit the batter.

6-7 against the Div in this stretch. Only a sweep at Cle can make up for this crap.

Honestly, I think that even if we sweep Cleveland it will only give the team false hopes and cause Kenny to stand pat while we lose the division.

Mohoney
That was probably the worst loss of the season.

PalehosePlanet
Wow, what a way to lose yet another series to KC. 2 outs no one on, walk, single, wild pitch.

Absolutely ****ing pathetic.

Only a managerial and coaching staff change will light a fire under this team. We're talking next year, of course.

sox230
07-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Does anyone out there think that Reinsdorf is holding everything up? I mean maybe Kenny is getting instructions from JR not to fire Ozzie because of his stupid loyalty. It sure seems that if Kenny had the choice, he would have axed Guillen a while ago. Then, Ozzie says not to fire Greg Walker, so as long as Ozzie is here, Walker is here.

Also, White Sox employees have more job protection than Supreme Court justices.

thomas35forever
What a way to lose, but when you get no offense to back up your strong pitching, that has to be expected. Could this season get any more frustrating?:angry:

Dick Allen
This game could have gone another 20 innings and the Sox still wouldn't have scored.

BainesHOF
Ridiculously poor hitting for the upteenth time. That's OK. No need to make any changes. Things will eventually improve on their own.

While you can't blame Pierzynski on the wild pitch, it wasn't exactly his best effort, either.

CHISOXFAN13
If Reinsdorf didn't think we could catch Cleveland in 97 the way the Sox were playing, I wonder what he's thinking now.

No untouchables here, IMO.

Konerko will never have more value than he does now, so if he'd waive the NT, I'd see what we could get.

Dump Jackson now before he has an implosion.

Crain would be a hot commodity.

Can't take it anymore.

Lip Man 1
07-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Garbage pitcher, garbage team, garbage effort...we suck.

Lip

RANDY WILES
Season Ovah.

Get rid of what you can and deal with the rest. The lineup couldn't be worse with "less" talented hitters.

Who can they get rid of? Certaily not Dunn, Peavy, or Rios! Maybe Alexi (I wouldn't mind). I wouldn't trade pitchers.

Brian26
Soapbox time. Not the reason we lost, but if Kenny wanted to make a statement right now, he'd release Omar Vizquel.

****er gets on as an important insurance run in the top of the 8th with no outs. He advances to 2nd on Beckham's nice sacrifice bunt. As soon as he pulls in, he's playing grab-ass with the Royals 2nd baseman talking about the guy's belt that was sticking out of the loop of his pants. Not a care in the world. Of course, then he's in la-la no man's land and gets doubled up to end the inning on Konerko's line shot to first. Absolutely inexcusable. I'm glad he's still cashing a paycheck at age 44 or whatever he is, but time to get in the game when your team has a chance to pull to within 3.5 out.

That's all I've got. That would have been the winning run IF the Sox could grab a hit with two outs.

Woofer
Same lame ass bull**** from this dead ass team night after night. The division is there for the taking, and this team full of crap refuses to capitalize. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:: angry::angry:

Jurr
Can we end this madness yet? Please?

The Sox HAD to win this series to keep things going before the trade deadline. They failed. Three runs in two games, one run in 11 innings.

Blow it up already.

OmahaSoxFan
07-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Season Ovah.

I agree... this team has shown absolutely no signs that they are going to put things together before season's end. The fact that the Sox are still even only 4 1/2 games out of the lead in the AL Central is a testament to how piss poor this division is... yet the Sox cannot find a way to beat the worst team in the worst division in baseball! 3-5 against the Royals so far in 2011 = PATHETIC! Only 8 runs total for the non-existent Sox offense, in this three game set against the 13th ranked pitching staff in the AL! = ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

Quentin08
We would've been 3.5 games back, 2 games under .500, and an off day tomorrow on a high note. But once again, our lineup can't even threaten to get a hit. Worst season ever.

CHISOXFAN13
Soapbox time. Not the reason we lost, but if Kenny wanted to make a statement right now, he'd release Omar Vizquel.

****er gets on as an important insurance run in the top of the 8th with no outs. He advances to 2nd on Beckham's nice sacrifice bunt. As soon as he pulls in, he's playing grab-ass with the Royals 2nd baseman talking about the guy's belt that was sticking out of the loop of his pants. Not a care in the world. Of course, then he's in la-la no man's land in gets doubled up to end the inning on Konerko's line shot to first. Absolutely inexcusable. I'm glad he's still cashing a paycheck at age 44 or whatever he is, but time to get in the game when your team has a chance to pull to within 3.5 out.

That's all I've got. That would have been the winning run IF the Sox could grab a hit with two outs.

Agreed on Vizquel. He's not bringing much to this team anymore. I'd be fine with that as well.

Dibbs
07-20-2011, 11:05 PM
We will be in 4th place very, very soon. Long live Walkerball.

chisoxfanatic
07-20-2011, 11:06 PM
A friend messaged me asking me if I'd like to buy a ticket to Monday's game...I'm having some serious doubts. I don't even want to spend $20 on a game ticket! This team sucks.

BainesHOF
Only a managerial and coaching staff change will light a fire under this team. We're talking next year, of course.

I think you could be right. I've been suspecting that Reinsdorf won't make a managerial this season because he wants to wait to do so in the offseason so he gets some season-ticket juice from it.

guillensdisciple
I feel, and this is legitimately the best thing that can happen at this point, that this team needs to get knocked out completely after the Cleveland series. The majority of people here will say that it is a hell of a lot better to be a team floating at .500 than the laughing stock of baseball but as this team is managed that is the only way we will get any satisfaction out of a less than satisfactory season. The fact remains that if the White Sox continue to hover and lets say sweep the Indians or win the series, someone up top will tell us that we are only 3.5 back or however many games back we are and build it up so as to say this team is a threat to do something in the near future when even the most optimistic Sox fan knows this is not the case. Now, I am not saying the White Sox roll over but at this point that's all it looks like really, so there would be no difference. We are a horrific team at home and I don't see that changing anytime soon and I worry that we will beat the Indians like we have all season and once again give the organization their usual media excuse when they don't have one.

Say what you will about this baseball team and how doing one thing or another will change or won't change anything, but this fan base at least deserves that much. Stupid or not, a move like that will at least stop making Sox fans look and feel like idiots for watching this. It needs to be fixed, this problem needs to be fixed from the top down. The White Sox as an organization are flawed in so many forms. Scouting, minor league development, upper level management, coaching- everything really. It's impossible but it has to start somewhere.

Lip Man 1
13th time the Sox have lost this season when allowing three runs or less.

Lip

CLR01
07-20-2011, 11:07 PM
This teams sucks.

DickAllen72
07-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Does anyone out there think that Reinsdorf is holding everything up? I mean maybe Kenny is getting instructions from JR not to fire Ozzie because of his stupid loyalty. It sure seems that if Kenny had the choice, he would have axed Guillen a while ago. Then, Ozzie says not to fire Greg Walker, so as long as Ozzie is here, Walker is here.

Also, White Sox employees have more job protection than Supreme Court justices.
I think that's exactly what's going on.

As for tonight's ending, they should have never been pitching to Butler there in the first place.

JB98
07-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Just keep winning series ....

The Sox just stink this year. I wish it wasn't so, but the offense is really bad when Konerko doesn't get any hits. Paulie is being asked to do it all this year, and well, everybody has gotta slump sometime. Right now, he's struggling a bit, and this team is hopeless offensively.

Brian26
I think you could be right. I've been suspecting that Reinsdorf won't make a managerial this season because he wants to wait to do so in the offseason so he gets some season-ticket juice from it.

Reinsdorf knows better than that. Dunn, Konerko and AJ hardly caused a spike in ticket sales before this season. Apathetic Sox fans aren't going to all of a sudden buy season ticket packages based on a new manager. JR probably doesn't want to pay two manager salaries this year if I had to take a guess.

Lip Man 1
9th loss this season where the Sox had the lead in the 7th inning or later.

Lip

russ99
We will be in 4th place very, very soon. Long live Walkerball.

The Dodgers fired their hitting coach today. Just sayin... Other teams do this.

RANDY WILES
I feel, and this is legitimately the best thing that can happen at this point, that this team needs to get knocked out completely after the Cleveland series. The majority of people here will say that it is a hell of a lot better to be a team floating at .500 than the laughing stock of baseball but as this team is managed that is the only way we will get any satisfaction out of a less than satisfactory season. The fact remains that if the White Sox continue to hover and lets say sweep the Indians or win the series, someone up top will tell us that we are only 3.5 back or however many games back we are and build it up so as to say this team is a threat to do something in the near future when even the most optimistic Sox fan knows this is not the case. Now, I am not saying the White Sox roll over but at this point that's all it looks like really, so there would be no difference. We are a horrific team at home and I don't see that changing anytime soon and I worry that we will beat the Indians like we have all season and once again give the organization their usual media excuse when they don't have one.

Say what you will about this baseball team and how doing one thing or another will change or won't change anything, but this fan base at least deserves that much. Stupid or not, a move like that will at least stop making Sox fans look and feel like idiots for watching this. It needs to be fixed, this problem needs to be fixed from the top down. The White Sox as an organization are flawed in so many forms. Scouting, minor league development, upper level management, coaching- everything really. It's impossible but it has to start somewhere.

I agree---the way I felt about Jaoron---only horrible performance would force McCaskey to make a move.

sox230

****er gets on as an important insurance run in the top of the 8th with no outs. He advances to 2nd on Beckham's nice sacrifice bunt. As soon as he pulls in, he's playing grab-ass with the Royals 2nd baseman talking about the guy's belt that was sticking out of the loop of his pants. Not a care in the world. Of course, then he's in la-la no man's land and gets doubled up to end the inning on Konerko's line shot to first. Absolutely inexcusable. I'm glad he's still cashing a paycheck at age 44 or whatever he is, but time to get in the game when your team has a chance to pull to within 3.5 out.

We can't get rid of Vizquel because he's a Venezuelan shortstop!!! Ozzie would never go for that!

GoSox4
And this season is over

What a ****ing joke

kevingrt
07-20-2011, 11:09 PM
And this season is over

What a ****ing joke

I'm done.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
Damn you Danks for not pitching a shutout!

Patrick134
13th time the Sox have lost this season when allowing three runs or less.

Lip

This stat is meaningless without a list of what every other team's record is in this scenario.

Mohoney
07-20-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't think even the most ardent Walker defenders can justify him being around anymore. This team did NOTHING different tonight against a guy that just schooled them 2 weeks ago in Chen.

I didn't really care either way if Walker was here or not, but if he needs to be a sacrificial lamb, then so be it.

GlassSox
07-20-2011, 11:10 PM

Yes and for lack of offensive performance.

JermaineDye05
07-20-2011, 11:11 PM
I feel, and this is legitimately the best thing that can happen at this point, that this team needs to get knocked out completely after the Cleveland series.

That's my feeling considering it's the only way there's going to be changes here. This is not a world series team. There's no reason to really keep going on.

And it sure as **** isn't getting any better next season.

You have got to start rebuilding this thing instead of holding on to this delusion of a division title and a world series title in 2011.

I just get the feeling that the front office does not have the best interest in the team right now which is really concerning.

DickAllen72
07-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Maybe this team could find a way to get Viciedo in the lineup?

DirtySox
07-20-2011, 11:12 PM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1281100822/IMG00105-20110306-1349_normal.jpg
CST_soxvan (http://twitter.com/#%21/CST_soxvan) Daryl Van Schouwen
Ozzie rips team's energy level, approach vs chen
1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/CST_soxvan/status/93880411456929792) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

WhiteSox5187
07-20-2011, 11:12 PM
This stat is meaningless without a list of what every other team's record is in this scenario.

I'd say it's pretty indicative of an anemic offense.

thomas35forever
07-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Just keep winning series ....

The Sox just stink this year. I wish it wasn't so, but the offense is really bad when Konerko doesn't get any hits. Paulie is being asked to do it all this year, and well, everybody has gotta slump sometime. Right now, he's struggling a bit, and this team is hopeless offensively.
Luke Appling couldn't do it by himself and he played in the worst era of Sox baseball.

JermaineDye05
07-20-2011, 11:14 PM
1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/CST_soxvan/status/93880411456929792) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

Wait, I thought there was nothing you could do?

DickAllen72
07-20-2011, 11:15 PM
That's fine Ozzie. Now what are you going to do about it?

russ99
07-20-2011, 11:16 PM
A friend messaged me asking me if I'd like to buy a ticket to Monday's game...I'm having some serious doubts. I don't even want to spend $20 on a game ticket! This team sucks.

Heck, I'd consider buying a ticket for a game for each home series the rest of the year if I knew that in these games there would be a different plan/approach to our biggest weakness: hitting, especially situational hitting with and without men on base.

We may not get that with Walker gone, but we sure won't get that with him here.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-20-2011, 11:17 PM

Run the same **** out there day in and day out while he fantasizes about being the Marlins' manager next year?

That seems like what he's been doing since late 2010.

PalehosePlanet

You forgot to mention that he also fell asleep in the 8th on Franceour's single and let him get into 2nd after cutting of the throw.

This team is going nowhere, there is no longer any reason for Omar to be on this team.

thomas35forever
I don't think even the most ardent Walker defenders can justify him being around anymore.
Walker has defenders?

SoxSpeed22
07-20-2011, 11:18 PM
This team is going nowhere, there is no longer any reason for Omar to be on this team.Might as well trade him to the Phillies and go after that ring.

Soxman219
07-20-2011, 11:19 PM
What a god damn joke. Are you kidding me? The sox can't even beat the royals in a series anymore? Bruce chen is owning sox hitting this season for some reason; bruce chen! Will they ever make past .500 this year?

Viva Medias B's
I was at the first two games (back home from KC now), and we showed little enthusiasm during the whole series. Yes, I include the first game victory in that assessment. Had Escobar not made that error in the first game, I'm convinced we would have lost that one too.

PeteWard
You forgot to mention that he also fell asleep in the 8th on Franceour's single and let him get into 2nd after cutting of the throw.

This team is going nowhere, there is no longer any reason for Omar to be on this team.

That one is on Rios in my opinion who went to Omar when there was no chance. He should have thrown to Beckham covering 2nd.

CLR01
07-20-2011, 11:21 PM

Rip them in the press and go spend the day in Miami of course.

Viva Medias B's
07-20-2011, 11:23 PM
We make this last place Royals team look like the Royals teams of the '70s and '80s! It's as if Whitey Herzog, Dick Howser, Frank White, and George Brett magically come back to their prime forms to beat us.

MeteorsSox4367
07-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I have tickets for Monday night and I thought those games against Detroit might have some meaning. Doesn't appear so.

This team just frustrates and pisses me off because it seems like the players and Ozzie are just going through the motions.

When do the Hawks start camp?

beasly213
07-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Man.. this offense is bad. Real Bad. 80 wins here we come!

MtGrnwdSoxFan
We make this last place Royals team look like the Royals teams of the '70s and '80s! It's as if Whitey Herzog, Dick Howser, Frank White, and George Brett magically come back to their prime forms to beat us.

I'm convinced that Billy Butler is THE Sox killer of the last few years. I can't remember the last time he failed against us in a clutch situation.

amsteel
This team score 8 runs in 3 games against the Royals. EIGHT GOD DAMN RUNS AGAINST THE GOD DAMN ROYALS.

On the plus side, Dunn has shown that the team is just as ****ing terrible without him in the lineup as with him in there. So opposed to dead weight, he's...weightless?

I hope the NFL sorts its **** out so I have something else to think about soon.

thomas35forever
07-20-2011, 11:26 PM
I'd consider that optimistic at this point.

JB98
07-20-2011, 11:28 PM

You're gonna win 80 and you're gonna lose 80. It's what you do with the other two that will define your season.

thomas35forever
07-20-2011, 11:29 PM
You're gonna win 80 and you're gonna lose 80. It's what you do with the other two that will define your season.
:thumbsup:

Johnny Mostil
07-20-2011, 11:29 PM

Fair point. Records going into today by team when giving up three runs or less are here (http://www.baseball-reference.com/games/situational.cgi?from=2011&to=2011&0=2&rsgtlt=gt&rs=5&1=5&ragtlt=lt&ra=3&2=6&trgtlt=gt&tr=10&3=8&mvgtlt=gt&mv=10&4=10&owlsgtlt=gt&owls=.500&sortby=WP&teams=team&years=each&submit=Run+Situation) (at least if I did this right). Sox have 11th-worst record in majors when giving up three or fewer.

GoSox4
07-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I'd rather lose 100 games than 80. At least then you get a good draft pick. You're not making the playoffs either way

oldgrouch
07-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Melton said after the game the Sox are a bunch of free swingers who can't
lay off bad pitches and don't take enough pitches.:scratch::scratch:

GlassSox
07-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Maybe Omar needs to go but he is not problem with this team and neither are any of the other individual players.

The White Sox need new management starting right now with Walker & then Ozzie. JR and/or KW need to get some balls and get rid of Walker and **** Ozzie if he doesn't like it.

IMO you can change the players but the results will not be as expected if the same management is in place. It is way past time for some changes.

StillMissOzzie
07-20-2011, 11:33 PM
ONE stinking run in 11 innings against the last place Royals? THIS is the image I will have to take with me on vacation, not seeing any baseball for 6 to 9 days? Actually, a fitting and appropriate latent image burned onto my retinas for this sad sack outfit, the 2011 Chicago White Sox.

When I saw how many runners the Royals had left on base, I was pretty sure they would push the winner across before the Sox would score again. Geez, not even a mild threat for an extra inning game, except for Rios stranded on 2nd.

Maybe a week away from White Sox baseball will make this trip even more relaxing.

SMO
:o:

Viva Medias B's
07-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Ozzie reportedly really went off big time after the game.

thomas35forever
07-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Melton said after the game the Sox are a bunch of free swingers who can't
lay off bad pitches and don't take enough pitches.:scratch::scratch:
The fact that Chen departed with not even 90 pitches thrown tells you all you need to know in that area.

GlassSox
07-20-2011, 11:36 PM
ONE stinking run in 11 innings against the last place Royals? THIS is the image I will have to take with me on vacation, not seeing any baseball for 6 to 9 days? Actually, a fitting and appropriate latent image burned onto my retinas for this sad sack outfit, the 2011 Chicago White Sox.

When I saw how many runners the Royals had left on base, I was pretty sure they would push the winner across before the Sox would score again. Geez, not even a mild threat for an extra inning game, except for Rios stranded on 2nd.

Maybe a week away from White Sox baseball will make this trip even more relaxing.

SMO

Enjoy your vacation and enjoy your time off from White Sox baseball. :cool:

slavko
07-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Same lame ass bull**** from this dead ass team night after night. The division is there for the taking, and this team full of crap refuses to capitalize. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:: angry::angry:

Tied with Minny in the loss column and sinking fast.

As for tonight's ending, they should have never been pitching to Butler there in the first place.

They weren't exactly pitching to him. He got nothing he could hit. That slider at his head told us Sergio lost the release point again, then the wild pitch.

Reinsdorf knows better than that. Dunn, Konerko and AJ hardly caused a spike in ticket sales before this season. Apathetic Sox fans aren't going to all of a sudden buy season ticket packages based on a new manager. JR probably doesn't want to pay two manager salaries this year if I had to take a guess.

Bet he would if he thought it would do any good. I don't. They are dead. Learn to love 4th place.

I'm convinced that Billy Butler is THE Sox killer of the last few years. I can't remember the last time he failed against us in a clutch situation.

He didn't succeed tonight. He flailed at a few bad pitches, which was the plan.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Ozzie reportedly really went off big time after the game.

Maybe he heard that his team's performance is starting to cause the Marlins to look at other options?

I'm curious to see how this shakes out.

Foulke You
07-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Not much else to say.

5 hits and 1 run against Bruce Chen and the Royals bullpen.

I don't know what you're waiting for, KW.
If you go back and look at what you posted in the pre-game thread, you absolutely nailed the final score of tonight's game. 2-1 after a sterling effort by Danks just as you said. It's pretty bad when we all know the script before the game even begins.

central44
07-20-2011, 11:39 PM
This team has too much talent and the pitching is too good for the team to look this bad, especially in this (extremely winnable) division.

Unfortunately, this team needs a spark, or a new voice, or SOMETHING. What they have isn't working and it feels like they're prepared to simply concede the division to some mediocre team without even trying anything else.

That's what bugs me about the 2011 Sox. It seems like they're content to be mediocre when they have the talent to be much more.

Viva Medias B's
07-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Rongey just played Ozzie's postgame conference. Ozzie wasn't really yelling, but he had an angry tone in his voice and surprisingly a lot of beeps were used.

Soxman219
07-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Ozzie went off? Did he blame the fans for the Sox bad play yet?

fram40
07-20-2011, 11:44 PM

No, we don't. Those Royals teams beat the Sox. This Royals team lets the Sox beat themselves. It is just amazing how piss-poor and stupid this Sox team is. A wild pitch loses the game.

The only surprising aspect of this game is that the dropped thrid strike did not turn into the winning run. Instead it was two-out walk and wild pitch.

Lip - who was it who called the Sox "baseball stupid"? Truer words have never been spoken. Game after game after game - they beat themselves.

so damn frustrating

Viva Medias B's
07-20-2011, 11:46 PM

He ripped the players for going through the motions, among many other things.

kevingrt
07-20-2011, 11:56 PM

He talked about not protecting anyone anymore.

JB98
07-20-2011, 11:58 PM

Who has he been protecting?

It's all just noise at this point anyway.

Rocky Soprano
07-21-2011, 12:00 AM

Does that include himself or his staff?

JB98
07-21-2011, 12:00 AM

He whined about the fans before the game:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0721-brite-white-sox-royals-ch20110721,0,5857649.story

DickAllen72
07-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Who has he been protecting?

Walker. And he'll continue to do so as long as JR is his boss.

Rocky Soprano
07-21-2011, 12:02 AM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0721-brite-white-sox-royals-ch20110721,0,5857649.story

Ozzie truly has no ****ing clue.
:angry:

PalehosePlanet
07-21-2011, 12:03 AM

Whatever the **** that means. Players are getting ripped by the media everyday, how has he protected them? By stupidly saying that he doesn't want any changes made because he believes in the club as is?

Anyway, I'm sure he didn't mean Walker, but that's who's been protected the most.

Just go to Miami already Ozzie, you've always wanted to be a National League manager anyway. Here is your chance, *******.

Soxman219
07-21-2011, 12:04 AM

I was joking at first, I didn't know he was serious!:angry:

No wonder the Sox lose to crap teams, Ozzie had this defeatist attitude since spring training!

Viva Medias B's
07-21-2011, 12:10 AM

I think this job has become too frustrating for Ozzie.

PalehosePlanet
07-21-2011, 12:11 AM

"Fickle" about Adam Dunn, my ass. He's just pissed because the fans are calling for his job.

thomas35forever
07-21-2011, 12:11 AM
I think this job has become too frustrating for Ozzie.
At least in Miami, nobody would care enough about baseball to give a crap about what he says.

amsteel
07-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Ideally Ozzie would play in a empty stadium in which he could read his own tweets on the JumboTron.

Brian26
07-21-2011, 12:18 AM

You know, of course, that if he's called out on this, his reply will be that he was referring to the media and not the fans. That's always his "out" on these type of ignorant statements.

GlassSox
07-21-2011, 12:20 AM
You know, of course, that if he's called out on this, his reply will be that he was referring to the media and not the fans. That's always his "out" on these type of ignorant statements.

Exactly

BainesHOF
07-21-2011, 12:22 AM

I agree. That's the second mental baserunning blunder that Vizquel has committed recently. I told my girlfriend during tonight's game that it's clear he's going through the motions. He should be providing a great example to the young players on the team. Instead, he's just worried about collecting his paycheck.

Gavin
07-21-2011, 12:28 AM
It's almost like the Sox suck.

Meanwhile Ozzie and Kenny have jobs.

bluedemon45
07-21-2011, 12:36 AM
I can't believe I thought this team was going to be a contender. Its like clockwork night in and night out. Need some new blood throughout this organization.

WhiteSoxOnly
07-21-2011, 12:37 AM
It's almost like the Sox suck.

Meanwhile Ozzie and Kenny have jobs.

Almost ?

HaroMaster87
Glad i skipped this one...though i did just listen to OG's rant. He is 100% correct...no energy, horse **** approach to their game and their profession. They should all be ashamed of themselves...

captain54
ONE stinking run in 11 innings against the last place Royals?

The Sox scored 2 runs in the 1st inning in the game yesterday (Tuesday) and that was it. They scored 1 in 11 innings today and that was a homer.

So .. 1 run in 19 innings, that sole run being a homer.

R.I.P... meaningful White Sox baseball, 2011...

It'll be a long 8 months and 3 season changes till Opening Day 2012, when the games mean something...

thomas35forever
http://www.csnchicago.com/07/20/11/Ozzie-goes-off-Horses-approach-at-plate/landing_whitesox_loud3r.html?blockID=542630&feedID=661&awid=8223867282217018181

BainesHOF
07-21-2011, 12:38 AM

I'm not even saying that they would necessarily sell any more tickets. I'm thinking though that it might stop some from giving up their season tickets.

If you change managers now and the team continues its struggles, then what do you sell your fans on heading into 2012? It's not like we're going to increase the payroll. If you wait until the offseason to make a managerial change then you can at least promote the fresh start/approach heading into next year.

I'm just speculating. It doesn't make sense not to fire Guillen now. He's been doing a lot of damage to the organization for awhile. I still can't believe that there hasn't been one change of any note this season. My goodness, we're one of the biggest disappointments in baseball. How do you just continue for months like there's nothing wrong?

Lip Man 1
07-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Maybe Ozzie should ask his hitting coach what is going on instead of more BS.

Fram...That comment came from a Sox announcer. I'm not at liberty to say whom specifically.

Lip

Soxman219
07-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Sad part about this, the Sox are a six-game win streak away from first place. They can sweep the Indians and Tigers and lead the division by next Thursday.

thomas35forever
07-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Sad part about this, the Sox are a six-game win streak away from first place. They can sweep the Indians and Tigers and lead the division by next Thursday.
You, I and every fan with a fully functional brain know that's not going to happen. Not now, not this season.

tstrike2000
07-21-2011, 12:56 AM
The 10 games where the Sox have to play Boston and New York at home and then Minnesota on the road should be a real hum dinger.

Soxman219
07-21-2011, 12:58 AM
You, I and every fan with a fully functional brain know that's not going to happen. Not now, not this season.

I know, just was nice to think about.:(:

Soxman219
07-21-2011, 01:00 AM
The 10 games where the Sox have to play Boston and New York at home and then Minnesota on the road should be a real hum dinger.

Watch them go 4-3 against the Red Sox and Yankees, only to get swept by the Twins.

JB98
07-21-2011, 01:04 AM
If anyone wants to read more about how much we stink, I've posted tonight's TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4166).

captain54
07-21-2011, 01:11 AM

Not likely. Not when the Sox score 1 run in 19th innings against the $35 million dollar payroll Royals.

ChiSoxGal85
07-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Glad i skipped this one...though i did just listen to OG's rant. He is 100% correct...no energy, horse **** approach to their game and their profession. They should all be ashamed of themselves...
They should be ashamed. I quite watching today when Thornton came in. Not because of lack of confidence in Thornton, but because of the predictable offensive black hole and accompanying apathy, the same stuff that Ozzie ranted about. It's long past the "it's early in the season, we don't have to be intense" excuse.
Watch them go 4-3 against the Red Sox and Yankees, only to get swept by the Twins.
I think I'd rather drink bleach.

Falstaff
07-21-2011, 01:33 AM
That was probably the worst loss of the season.
I shudder to think that the Royals apparently own the Sox now, how many years will this whupping continue?

hawkjt
07-21-2011, 02:14 AM
I am for shaking this up. Anything. Trade Omar to a contender that needs some experience. Bring up Vicideo. Sent Lilly down, something,anything.
Get Viciedo up here and in the lineup. Move Pierre to center and sit Rios.
Put Flowers in at catcher for a few games....I thought AJ played sloppy tonite and did not have good at bats at all.

As BigZ famously said earlier in the year ''wheeze stink''

And one more thing....hey Ozzie- look in the mirror,you stuck with the starters in the two losses after the allstar break before tonite,and cost us the lead...so start managing like you are desperate,ok?

Dan H
07-21-2011, 02:41 AM
I

I'm just speculating. It doesn't make sense not to fire Guillen now. He's been doing a lot of damage to the organization for awhile. I still can't believe that there hasn't been one change of any note this season. My goodness, we're one of the biggest disappointments in baseball. How do you just continue for months like there's nothing wrong?

It's called denial. .

doublem23
07-21-2011, 02:49 AM
It's called denial. .

It's what happens when you're chasing crappy (Cleveland) and crappier (Detroit).

VenturaFan23
07-21-2011, 08:48 AM

Yep, normal organizations that try to fix a lingering problem do that. Walker's expiration date is 5 years past due.

chisox12
07-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Yep, normal organizations that try to fix a lingering problem do that. Walker's expiration date is 5 years past due.

If only the Sox were a normal organization.

guillensdisciple
07-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Time to break out those paper bags. It's a good thing trader joes keeps with that option.

Procol Harum
07-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Is there any way to quote the entire thread and give it a big thumbs up? I don't think I've ever read a 7-8 page thread in WSI's Sox Clubhouse where there was basically nothing I disagreed with or thought was totally off-base. Yeah, you're all right!

The only thing I might offer is not so much that the Sox lost this game, as the fact that KC just flat-out BEAT us and knew all along that they could. That's the really disheartening aspect of this whole series.

I've got tickets for a couple of Sox games coming up and I'll go. But everything I've seen in the last 2 weeks just confirms the first 81 games of the season: this is a mediocre ball club. Without changes, there's no need to watch this crap anymore.

Chez
07-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm not ready to declare the season "over," but the consistent lack of offense is both bewildering and frustrating. I don't think there is anyway this team gets blown up -- too many big contracts for under-performing veterans. No team will be willing to absorb the contracts and the Sox won't be willing to eat large portions of those contracts.

That said, something needs to happen to light a fire under this team. Whether it's firing Greg Walker, releasing Omar, sending Morel down -- something needs to happen to get the team's attention. I still want to believe, but this is hard to watch.

Viva Medias B's
07-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I shudder to think that the Royals apparently own the Sox now, how many years will this whupping continue?

Whenever we play Kansas City, we beat ourselves against them and make Kansas City look like the Ewing Kauffman-era Royals.

tstrike2000
07-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Just think if the Royals had any kind of starting pitching and Soria back to form, this would be a 5 team race to mediocrity.

TheOldRoman
07-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Walker has defenders?Yes, most notably dickallen15. But they aren't defenders in terms of them saying Walker does a great job (only Chris Rongey and Ozzie seem to think that), they say "veterans don't listen to him anyway, the offense was 4th in the AL in runs scored in 2006, Rudy Jaramillo couldn't make a horse**** Cubs lineup hit, how come people don't complain about Cooper when the pitchers are bad..." and so on.

Chez
07-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Yes, most notably dickallen15. But they aren't defenders in terms of them saying Walker does a great job (only Chris Rongey and Ozzie seem to think that), they say "veterans don't listen to him anyway, the offense was 4th in the AL in runs scored in 2006, Rudy Jaramillo couldn't make a horse**** Cubs lineup hit, how come people don't complain about Cooper when the pitchers are bad..." and so on.

I don't lay all of the blame at Walker's feet. Unfortunately for him, he's the most obvious scapegoat and probably will be launched.

TheOldRoman
07-21-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't lay all of the blame at Walker's feet. Unfortunately for him, he's the most obvious scapegoat and probably will be launched.What would lead you to believe that? I hope he is fired, but this organization has had countless opportunities to fired him over the past five season, and he still collects paychecks. Hell, he might still be here after Ozzie goes to Florida.

Hitmen77
07-21-2011, 11:03 AM

Wait, I thought there was nothing you could do?
Hey, that was yesterday you fickle fan. Now shut the **** up and go piss on a statue!

You just saw what he's going to do about it: have a tirade. That's the only trick up Ozzie's sleeve.....and it stopped working about 5 years ago.

:whatever:

Hey, Ozzie. Just worry about the ****ing team and not the fans. It's not your job to criticize paying customers. Ugh.....this makes me glad I have no more tickets purchase for this year.

White Sox Baseball. We suck and then get mad at the fans!:cuss:

bingo.

boiker
07-21-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm done.

I'll care again when they are three games over 500

hi im skot
07-21-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm done.

I'll care again when they are three games over 500

See you next year.

TheOldRoman
07-21-2011, 11:40 AM
See you next year.Hmm, I thought that was a cool story.

BigKlu59
07-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Its gotten to a point to where even if "Murphy" didnt show up at the ball park, these guys show up wearing holsters of ineptitude, and are willing to shoot gladly themselves in the foot.... Whats with everbody trying to make plays using techniques that would have a little leaguer berated for?

I swear these last days it was like watching a bad Legion game and both sides were happy to oblige..as usual, we blinked first..

Accountability?... Ha!! Your looking for accountability 100 games onto the season?... Isnt that supposed to kick in coming out of the chute in April ?

Another decent SP outing flushed down the toilet... Danks must be thinking he's cursed..

Well, I guess I'll get back to shining the Bugle... Hey Nell and Nellie... You wanna give this one the 21 Gun for effect... Using a Kriss that aught to take you guys about a millisecond..

Where's that number for my shrink?

BK59

ktssox
07-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Probably because it's the truth. I didn't read that as being about the fans at all. When he says that people have suggested that the Sox are no better than a .500 team, you really think he's talking about the fans? No, he's talking about people on the radio, people in the newspapers. He knows the fans are displeased, but he's pointing directly to the words of the media here, not the boos of the fans. There are many reasons to dislike Ozzie - no need to make one up.

AZChiSoxFan
07-21-2011, 02:02 PM

LOL. Sure, and you could win the Powerball this weekend too.

Actually, come to think of it, I think you've got a better chance of winning the Powerball than the Sox do of winning 6 straight.

AZChiSoxFan
07-21-2011, 02:37 PM
See you next year.

What reason do you have to be so optimistic about the 2012 season? :cool:

captain54
07-21-2011, 02:39 PM
What reason do you have to be so optimistic about the 2012 season? :cool:

Opening Day? When we'll finally get a chance to taste .500?

aloha
07-21-2011, 02:41 PM
ozzie got this team in position to win against a pitcher who just was having a really good day and they got unlucky. they are still in the race and it wouldn't take much to win this division and maybe a playoff game.

JermaineDye05
07-21-2011, 02:42 PM
ozzie got this team in position to win against a pitcher who just was having a really good day and they got unlucky. they are still in the race and it wouldn't take much to win this division and maybe a playoff game.

:bong:

captain54
07-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Rongey, is that you?

aloha
07-21-2011, 02:56 PM
i agree with ozzie that this thing is going to go down to the wire and any outside help from fans would be great. you never know, that one game that the fans help them win might get them into the playoffs where ozzie really shines. it happens in football all the time.

Crestani
07-21-2011, 03:10 PM
i agree with ozzie that this thing is going to go down to the wire and any outside help from fans would be great. you never know, that one game that the fans help them win might get them into the playoffs where ozzie really shines. it happens in football all the time.

:rolling::rolling::rolling::booty::booty::booty:

BigKlu59
07-21-2011, 03:10 PM

You are aware you just walked into the lion's den and the big cats havent been fed cause the zookeeper went out for a :bong: last night and didnt return... Keep the faith, but dont get close to the jaws of these meat eaters..You may come away missing a few body parts...I warned ye... You dont want to mess with hot, hungry creatures who have ben defecated on by this team in question...

BK59

Rocky Soprano
07-21-2011, 03:21 PM

Ozzie? Mrs. Guillen? One of the Guillen kids?

GlassSox
07-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Ozzie? Mrs. Guillen? One of the Guillen kids?

Walker?

kittle42
07-21-2011, 03:29 PM

Best joke account ever!

soltrain21
07-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Best joke account ever!

It really is. I laugh every time.

Risk
07-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Best joke account ever!

At first I thought the poster was just being ironic. Now I'm not so suire.

Risk