PDA

View Full Version : Inside Dunn's head

vinny
07-20-2011, 07:37 PM
He thinks about quitting, but not seriously.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkhZmX9eaPbXpSaLX_6oqyoRvLYF?slug=jp-passan_adam_dunn_slump_quitting_072011

Regardless how bad he sucks right now, he's being a big boy about it. Doesn't make that $56M hurt any less, though.

Gammons Peter
07-21-2011, 07:56 AM
He could save the franchise if he would retire!

Risk
07-21-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm glad he acknowledges that he has been awful this year, so at least he's being a man about. That being said, hopefully he takes this disaster of a season and turns it into something positive for the future (since the Sox are stuck with him, like it or not).

Risk

hawkjt
07-21-2011, 09:23 AM
His knee is sore...DL him and send to the minors for 12 days of work on his swing. Show the fans and the organization that he is willing to do anything to contribute. Bring up Viciedo,and plug him into the lineup everyday.

Harry Chappas
07-21-2011, 09:28 AM
His knee is sore...DL him and send to the minors for 12 days of work on his swing. Show the fans and the organization that he is willing to do anything to contribute. Bring up Viciedo,and plug him into the lineup everyday.

They were talking about it on the Score and I agree - the time is now to bring up Viciedo. He doesn't need to "save" the team. If he hits .250 with RISP, he will be light years ahead of Dunn and will help.

This, IMO, is a critical point in the season. If something isn't done (or Dunn) to turn things around, the Sox attendance is going to suffer tremendously.

BigKlu59
07-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Is this an MLB commercial?... We already got the one with the pixies,maypole and ninja's in the beard... Whats Dunn gonna have in there? A tractor trailer load of Carrier fans with Ozzie ranting and Walker handing him Power Sausage Sandwhiches?...

In all honesty, I would not want to be in Adam Dunn's head right now...

BK59

DirtySox
07-21-2011, 11:38 AM
They were talking about it on the Score and I agree - the time is now to bring up Viciedo. He doesn't need to "save" the team. If he hits .250 with RISP, he will be light years ahead of Dunn and will help.

This, IMO, is a critical point in the season. If something isn't done (or Dunn) to turn things around, the Sox attendance is going to suffer tremendously.

Coop was asked about Dayan during his interview on the Score, and he just hung up instead of answering.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-soxs-cooper-hangs-up-on-hosts-after-question-about-viciedo-20110721,0,1354830.story

soltrain21
07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Coop was asked about Dayan during his interview on the Score, and he just hung up instead of answering.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-soxs-cooper-hangs-up-on-hosts-after-question-about-viciedo-20110721,0,1354830.story

Well isn't this a fun little thing we have going.

KMcMahon817
07-21-2011, 11:52 AM

Haha...that's almost funny. Seems as though Coop has had enough as well.

Lip Man 1
07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Wasn't there a feature at the web site a few years back? Something along the line of "inside Jerry Manuel's head" (or was it Kenny Williams?) Don't remember for sure but that's what the thread title reminded me of.

Lip

billcissell
07-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Dunn to quit? And walk away from 40+ million that's owed to him? Better chance of the next pope being Jewish. It ain't going to happen. We're stuck with the Big Donkey until further notice ...

JermaineDye05
07-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Inside Dunn's head?

I imagine it's something akin to this:

GHy1rFeBDzQ

BigKlu59
07-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Dunn to quit? And walk away from 40+ million that's owed to him? Better chance of the next pope being Jewish. It ain't going to happen. We're stuck with the Big Donkey until further notice ...

Amen.... I dont think he's made much in the market the last couple of years.. Just think, being able to walk away from 40M... Hey Adam if ya dont want it, feel free to send us out our Sox Fans Stimulus Checks...

BK59

sunofgold
07-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Not matter what 2011 is going to be a disappointment for Dunn. Maybe he is okay the rest of the year but still you cannot erase his suckage for April-July.

But, I would hope that he would try again in 2012. Give it one more year. And then if he continues to suck during 2012..then hopefully he would quit and rip up his contract (like Gil Meche).