PDA

View Full Version : ESPN E:60 Special on Granderson and VT Tragedy

Oblong
07-19-2011, 10:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6784547

I wanted to share this with all of you here. As some of you know I'm a Tigers fan who is a moderator at Motown Sports who made my way over here on White Sox Interactive. Back in 2007 a valued member of our community was one of the victims of the Virginia Tech tragedy. Brian Bluhm was a huge Granderson supporter, even going back to the day he was drafted. After the tragedy Granderson became aware of that and in the aftermath he struck a friendship with Brian's family. ESPN did a special tonight on the situation.

I share with you because Granderson's a Chicago native. He's truly a class act for what he's done for the family and for other things he's done. Take a bow Chicago to have produced such a remarkable person. And God Bless the Bluhm family and all the other victims of that day. Thanks.

SoxSpeed22
07-19-2011, 11:15 PM
I always liked Granderson, even when he was in Detroit. I did not know about one of the victims being one of your own, but good to hear Granderson is still keeping in touch with the family, even in New York.

SoxNation05
07-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Granderson really would have been one of my favorite players if he played for a team other than Detroit and the Yankees.

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Granderson really would have been one of my favorite players if he played for a team other than Detroit and the Yankees.

Same here. I could handle him on the Tigers but moving to the Yankees just sucks.

Really cool though to see he's such a class act with all that. Not enough people like that out there anymore.

Foulke You
07-20-2011, 12:38 AM
I've always been a Granderson fan. What a monster season he is having for the Yankees this year too.

Southsider101
07-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Curtis has always been a class act. It's good to see a guy like Granderson, who played at UIC and in the Northwoods League, have success in MLB even if he is currently a Yank.

downstairs
07-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Cool. I never judge players for what teams they play for. They're not fans, they're professionals looking for the best money they can make.

I can't stand the Cubs, but if you offered me millions to play for them, I would. Of course with my .111 batting average in little league- I'm probably not getting said offer. ;)

BleacherBandit
07-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I'd love to see Granderson play for the Sox one day. And although those chances are slim, I'll still root for him. Class act.

Rocky Soprano
07-20-2011, 01:12 PM
I'd love to see Granderson play for the Sox one day. And although those chances are slim, I'll still root for him. Class act.

A few years ago, my brother and I were sitting right behind the visitors dugout and we told him that we wanted him on the Sox. He said he would love to play for the Sox. He loves our park, the fans, and of course the city.

He was a very nice guy.

Chez
07-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks for posting, Oblong. Granderson has been my favorite non-Sox player for quite some time. It certainly appears that his parents did a wonderful job of raising him.

SoxNation05
07-20-2011, 03:32 PM
My trainer at school was his trainer at UIC and he said Granderson treated him like he was the pro athlete when he came back to UIC.

cub killer
07-31-2011, 03:42 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6784547

I wanted to share this with all of you here. As some of you know I'm a Tigers fan who is a moderator at Motown Sports who made my way over here on White Sox Interactive. Back in 2007 a valued member of our community was one of the victims of the Virginia Tech tragedy. Brian Bluhm was a huge Granderson supporter, even going back to the day he was drafted. After the tragedy Granderson became aware of that and in the aftermath he struck a friendship with Brian's family. ESPN did a special tonight on the situation.

I share with you because Granderson's a Chicago native. He's truly a class act for what he's done for the family and for other things he's done. Take a bow Chicago to have produced such a remarkable person. And God Bless the Bluhm family and all the other victims of that day. Thanks.I went into your archives and read all the threads from that fateful day. I had never been more moved. As soon as the news broke out of the shootings, you guys immediately thought of him. There was a true sense of caring and concern.

I recommend anyone here to read those threads, not out of morbid curiosity, but to see how people can in fact look out for each other, even if they never met in person.