PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Series Roll Call

nug0hs
07-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I'll be paying my first visit to The Jake this weekend for the Saturday and Sunday games. Stopping at Great Lakes Brewing Co. and the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame on the way. Anyone got any suggestions of other stuff to check out along I-90? I'm doing the campy American road trip so any suggestions of roadside crap to check out would be appreciated! See you all at the game.

DumpJerry
07-18-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm at Friday's and Saturday's games.

Unless you're a Notre Dame fan, there is nothing between here and there.

In fact there isn't much there, either.

You could look for the LaBron Hall of......oh never mind.....:redneck

The ballpark is nice. Same architects as Comiskey.

ohiosoxfan
07-18-2011, 04:09 PM
It's true, there isn't a lot there. . . Great Lakes Brewery makes excellent beers, but food is just OK in my experience. Warehouse District just north of the Arena is pretty good for pre/post game beverages.

The Flats used to be the place to go but NOBODY goes there anymore, from what I hear its pretty dangerous.

DirtySox
07-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Making my first trip there as well as kind of a graduation reward. Going to Saturday and Sunday's games. I'm a huge foodie and Cleveland actually has some pretty fine dining. Have reservations at Lola, the Greenhouse Tavern, and Momocho. Hoping to try Sawyer's new place, Noodlecat as well.

ChicagoRushFan
07-18-2011, 05:32 PM
I'll be making the trip. Haven't been to a game in Cleveland since 1997 I think. It will be interesting to see how it has aged. I really noticed the age in Camden Yards last year.

johnny bench
07-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Mrs. JB and I are going for our first trip to the Jake. Great Lakes is in our vision as is Greenhouse Tavern.

Here's a nice summary of some top Cleveland restaurants...
http://www.clevescene.com/gyrobase/to-die-for/Content?oid=2341604

And I just may have to try a cocktail at Velvet Tango Room.
http://www.velvettangoroom.com/

amsteel
07-18-2011, 07:00 PM
I was there for opening weekend. Cleveland is pretty unremarkable. The lakefront by the R&R hall of fame is nice. Make sure you eat a polish boy sandwich.

You'll run into alot of *******s if you're in the cheap seats.

nug0hs
07-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Cool, thanks for the tips, all. What is a good (safe, clean, etc.) nightlife area? Looks like 25th street has a lot of nice places.

Huisj
07-19-2011, 01:09 PM
I was there for opening weekend. Cleveland is pretty unremarkable. The lakefront by the R&R hall of fame is nice. Make sure you eat a polish boy sandwich.

You'll run into alot of *******s if you're in the cheap seats.

So I shouldn't buy the $2.50 tickets on stubhub in the upper deck?

nug0hs
07-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Anyone have any ideas as to where the team is staying in Cleveland?

johnny bench
07-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Anyone have any ideas as to where the team is staying in Cleveland?

Can't vouch for the accuracy of this one, but the link below references the Ritz Carlton Cleveland...
http://travel.ballparksofbaseball.com/alcentralhotels.htm

hawkjt
07-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Gonna miss Grady Sizemore...out 6 weeks with hernia...oh well.:?: