PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell?

Chisox_cali
07-11-2002, 05:36 PM
This (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20020709&content_id=78806&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp) is an article from mlb.com about the award leaders through the first half. The "What the Hell" is for the AL MVP, first, obviously, no mention of Paulie, and they chose Ichiro as the pick, I havent heard one person mention him as MVP this year in any publication etc. It's mainly been Soriano and Sometimes even Paulie, but man that pisses me off.

kermittheefrog
07-11-2002, 05:41 PM
I think Ichiro is actually a decent pick. Better than both Konerko and Soriano because of what he brings on defense. He also gets on base a lot more than both of them.

Of course the real MVP is Arod but that's a different story...

Chisox_cali
07-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I think Ichiro is actually a decent pick. Better than both Konerko and Soriano because of what he brings on defense. He also gets on base a lot more than both of them.

Of course the real MVP is Arod but that's a different story...

Yeah I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve it, but it just through me through a loop, I was expecting them to pick Soriano anyway, and maybe Paulie at the bottom of the list of candidates but to not even give him any recognition at all is pretty weak.