PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming series @ KC

Nelfox02
07-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Monday--------Buehrle vs Davies
Tuesday-------Peavy vs Duffy
Wednesday----Danks vs Cy Chen

thoughts going in?

this is not a good team, but we came oh so close to being swept by them at home in our last series. KC coming off of losing 3 of 4 to the "awesome" Twinkies.....

Davies numbers are awful this year, if we dont get the first one, well dont know what to say. All year we have found ways to get shut down by guys like this, please stop.

Who knows what you get out of Peavy in the middle game, I know very little about Duffy.

Nice to see Danks back....but can we solve the riddle of Chen in the finale?

Bottom Line----anything less than 2 wins in this series would pretty damn dissapointing.

Get it done, this is the last place team in a bad division.

Lip Man 1
07-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Given the Sox tendency this year to play poorly against garbage teams it wouldn't surprise me if the garbage Royals and their garbage pitching staff handled the Sox. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Sox took 2 of 3.

The only thing "consistent" about the 2011 White Sox is their inconsistency.

Lip

hawkjt
07-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Things we know...it is gonna be about 98 degrees at gametime all three games in KC...so if our pitchers give up dozens of linedrives to KC, it is gonna drain our pitching staff of most of their bodily fluids.
KC is gonna hit. Sox have gotta hit. KC is gonna run,Sox have gotta run.
The Twins handle KC routinely,the Sox handle KC like the Battaan Death March.....Sox take 2 of 3,but it is gonna be painful.

Bucky F. Dent
07-17-2011, 09:29 PM
need a sweep - but I've got no faith in Peavy or Danks.

billcissell
07-18-2011, 10:35 AM
I thought we had little chance with Floyd opposing Verlander last Friday night. What happened? We cruised to an 8-2 win.

This Sox team is very inconsistent and unpredictable. Historically, we usually seem to struggle again the Royals, especially when we're playing in KC. I'll be happy if we take 2 of 3 from these guys.

doublem23
07-18-2011, 10:41 AM
A sweep would be great, but we really need to at least win the series.

kittle42
07-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Given the Sox tendency this year to play poorly against garbage teams it wouldn't surprise me if the garbage Royals and their garbage pitching staff handled the Sox. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Sox took 2 of 3.

Lip

/thread.

CLUBHOUSE KID
07-18-2011, 10:59 AM

Lip

This is all that needs to be said.

The Immigrant
07-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Keep winning series and giving me something to watch. That's all I ask.

oldgrouch
07-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Past experience says we will have trouble with this kid. He is a lefty and we haven't seen him before plus our advance scouting sucks.

DirtySox
07-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Past experience says we will have trouble with this kid. He is a lefty and we haven't seen him before plus our advance scouting sucks.

He's also a pretty good prospect.

kittle42
07-18-2011, 03:27 PM

A rookie who hasn't shown much yet + a guy with an ERA that reads like a catastrophic Richter scale reading + Bruce Chen?

How sad that this all adds up to me thinking a Royals sweep is more likely than a Sox sweep.

Chez
07-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Given the heat and the Royals' decision to start LHP on Tuesday and Wednesday, we should get a look at Flowers behind the plate -- I'm guessing tomorrow.

kittle42
07-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Given the heat and the Royals' decision to start LHP on Tuesday and Wednesday, we should get a look at Flowers behind the plate -- I'm guessing tomorrow.

Well, at least the players will get some respite from the heat with all the breeze Flowers and Dunn will be creating while swinging and missing.