PDA

View Full Version : the Sox always play better just before the trade deadline

HomeFish
07-16-2011, 09:06 PM
This team was unable to have a fire sale in 2009 or 2010 because the team got hot in late July.

Here we go again...

Zisk77
07-16-2011, 09:12 PM
This team was unable to have a fire sale in 2009 or 2010 because the team got hot in late July.

Here we go again...

Damn we won again, we should lose and make everything all better.:scratch:

JermaineDye05
07-16-2011, 09:16 PM
HomeFish, you need to wait for the Sox to have a bigger winning streak before you start bringing the fans down.

I think at this point in the season, we're all wary considering we've seen this song and dance plenty of times this year.

Maybe after the Sox win 10 of 12 against their division would be a better time to try trolling.
Leave the moderating to the Moderators.

SOXfnNlansing
07-16-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't know. We fall flat at home going 2-5 vs last place Royals and twins, then win 2 on the road at Detroit. If we go 7-2 on this road trip, they may get hot on the next homestand. Too early to worry about dumping salaries. 15 over by September 1st is possible, so is 15 under. We shall see.

Whitesox029
07-16-2011, 11:14 PM
God, why did they have to win that World Series in 2005? If they'd just collapsed colossally, they could have gotten something valuable for Joe Crede at the deadline, and could have had first dibs at Luke Hochevar in the 2006 draft.
There are no circumstances under which I would root against the White Sox, let alone when they are 4 games out of first place with more than 40% of the season yet to be played. I would hope everyone who calls themselves a fan would agree.

sullythered
07-16-2011, 11:26 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Immigrant
07-16-2011, 11:31 PM
This is a pretty poor effort, Homefish. Their record in late July (post-ASB) was 8-8 in 2009 and 9-7 in 2010. The 2010 record, of course, followed the historic 25-5 stretch that preceded the ASB, so it's pretty dumb to say they got hot in late July.

This thread sucks.

PeteWard
07-17-2011, 12:24 AM
This is a pretty poor effort, Homefish. Their record in late July (post-ASB) was 8-8 in 2009 and 9-7 in 2010. The 2010 record, of course, followed the historic 25-5 stretch that preceded the ASB, so it's pretty dumb to say they got hot in late July.

This thread sucks.

It's beyond "sucks".

thomas35forever
07-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Not surprised that you started a thread like this, HomeFish.

Nelfox02
07-17-2011, 10:23 AM
where is the "this thread blows" graphic?

can we all agree that the best thing for this organization not only now and going forward is for the 2011 team to get going and at the very least find a way to win a division that is right there for the taking?

I sometimes tend to be the pessmistic sox fan....but some of the comments around here after 2 well played games against one of the teams ahead of us in the division....wow

not saying its time for rah rah.....but we are 4 games out in mid July......lets see if they can do something

Johnny Mostil
07-17-2011, 11:07 AM

:threadblows:

SOXSINCE'70
07-17-2011, 11:59 AM
:threadsucks

Dan H
07-17-2011, 01:05 PM

can we all agree that the best thing for this organization not only now and going forward is for the 2011 team to get going and at the very least find a way to win a division that is right there for the taking?

I sometimes tend to be the pessmistic sox fan....but some of the comments around here after 2 well played games against one of the teams ahead of us in the division....wow

not saying its time for rah rah.....but we are 4 games out in mid July......lets see if they can do something

The organization has no real choice but hope they team and put it together and win this division. 4 games back in July is no real obstacle. That margin can be made up in a week, and so this is no time to break up a team.

The real question is: How good is the team? They are close partly because the division is so bad. If the Sox ultimately prove to be mediocre, how will the organization view next year? This season is not over, but every organization needs to look to the future, at least the near future.

That is what is frustrating about the 2011 season. At times they look completely lifeless, and other times they look like they should take over the division. I am through guessing. Just like any other fan, I will watch and see.