PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Road Trip Roll Call

Viva Medias B's
07-15-2011, 09:24 PM
I'll be in Kansas City next week for the Monday and Tuesday games. Who else is going?

OmahaSoxFan
07-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Might try to make it out for the Tuesday night game... will be down in the Kansas City area working Monday-Wednesday, but my schedule doesn't look great for Monday night, so Tuesday will probably be my best chance. Hoping it works out!

johnnyg83
07-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Ugh. I'm at Northwestern for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. Which is good, my record at Kauffman is atrocious.

Have fun. KC is great. If you go to the right places.

Viva Medias B's
07-17-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm hitting the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum and the Harry S. Truman Library. Is there anything else I should see?

MeteorsSox4367
07-17-2011, 08:48 PM
In downtown KC, there is a retro sign for Western Auto that is way cool if you like that kind of stuff. I thought it was a good picture. The College Basketball HOF was in the Sprint Center downtown last year when I was there. I'm not sure if it moved.

The area that is a couple of miles south of downtown called The Plaza (IIRC) was nice.

As for dining, a good friend of mine from work who is a KC native loves Jack Stack's BBQ. He brought me two bottles of the original sauce. I've eaten there with him and the food was outstanding.

I know some people on this board hate the University of Kansas, but KU is just 40 miles west of KC. Allen Fieldhouse is a shrine if you like college hoops. And I do.