PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Target Field

MARTINMVP
07-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Looking to go late in September (though it won't be while the Sox are there).

If I sit in the upper deck, can I walk around the rest of the ball park or do they have the same lame rule that the Cell does?

kittle42
07-15-2011, 10:35 AM
You can walk everywhere. I went last season and we bought nosebleeds and barely stayed up there.

In my experience, only the Cell has such a rule unless there are areas like the Wrigley bleachers that are completely cut off from the rest of the stadium. I'm sure I'm missing someplace, though.

Southsider101
07-15-2011, 11:20 AM
You can walk everywhere. I went last season and we bought nosebleeds and barely stayed up there.

In my experience, only the Cell has such a rule unless there are areas like the Wrigley bleachers that are completely cut off from the rest of the stadium. I'm sure I'm missing someplace, though.

There are no restrictions like the Cell. The bars and restaurants are open to all ticket holders. Be sure to check out the party deck in the left field corner. One interesting thing to see is the original parquet floor that the Minneapolis Lakers played on-its located in the Town Ball Cafe on the second level.

kittle42
07-15-2011, 12:23 PM
And get some walleye on a stick, just to say you had walleye on a stick.

MARTINMVP
07-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Thank you everyone for your answers.

OGara
07-16-2011, 10:27 PM
The Cell isn't the only place with this restriction. I lived in Pittsburgh for years, and attended several games a year while there. The PNC Park personnel were militant about seating well into the 8th inning. Apparently, they were unaware that, for most games, 3/4 of the park was empty. Beautiful view of the city, though.

DumpJerry
07-16-2011, 10:46 PM
The only restriction I encountered is you're not allowed to see the White Sox win there.

Nellie_Fox
07-17-2011, 01:52 AM
The Cell isn't the only place with this restriction. I lived in Pittsburgh for years, and attended several games a year while there. The PNC Park personnel were militant about seating well into the 8th inning. Apparently, they were unaware that, for most games, 3/4 of the park was empty. Beautiful view of the city, though.You want good seats? Pay for good seats.

DumpJerry
07-17-2011, 10:21 AM
The Cell isn't the only place with this restriction. I lived in Pittsburgh for years, and attended several games a year while there. The PNC Park personnel were militant about seating well into the 8th inning. Apparently, they were unaware that, for most games, 3/4 of the park was empty. Beautiful view of the city, though.
I was once on a plane flight from Chicago to London. I sat in Coach. After we took off from O'Hare and it was impossible for anyone else to board the plane, I noticed an empty seat in First Class. I figured it would be ok for me to take the seat since it was empty.

The militant Flight Crew threatened to have me arrested.

OGara
07-17-2011, 10:41 AM
You want good seats? Pay for good seats.

Man, came out guns blazing, didn't you?

Red Barchetta
07-17-2011, 11:05 AM
I was once on a plane flight from Chicago to London. I sat in Coach. After we took off from O'Hare and it was impossible for anyone else to board the plane, I noticed an empty seat in First Class. I figured it would be ok for me to take the seat since it was empty.

That's because the people who paid for the first class seats already paid for that seat to be empty in case it wasn't occupied.

You get what you pay for. Especially with the airlines these days.

ma-gaga
07-18-2011, 01:53 AM
There's a "club" section between the lower and upper levels which you won't be allowed into. Other than that, you should have access to every other area of the ballpark.

:gulp:

Nellie_Fox
07-18-2011, 02:18 AM
There's a "club" section between the lower and upper levels which you won't be allowed into. Other than that, you should have access to every other area of the ballpark.

:gulp:Yeah, the Legends' Club. I had seats there last year. Outstanding.

Noneck
07-18-2011, 03:03 AM
You want good seats? Pay for good seats.

I agree but not being able to see other attractions in the park has annoyed many people that got UD seats that I have spoken to at US Cellular.

skobabe8
07-18-2011, 09:58 AM
I agree but not being able to see other attractions in the park has annoyed many people that got UD seats that I have spoken to at US Cellular.

I'd be annoyed too. I like to see an inning or two from sections all over the park when I go somewhere for the first time.

I've heard Dodger Stadium has some restrictions but I've never been there.

kittle42
07-18-2011, 10:55 AM

Ha! This is actually one hell of a parallel, and admittedly one I had not considered before.

Nellie_Fox
07-19-2011, 01:45 AM
I agree but not being able to see other attractions in the park has annoyed many people that got UD seats that I have spoken to at US Cellular.That's not what I was responding to. I was responding to a poster who objected to Pirates' staff enforcing "upgrading" your seats all the way to the 8th inning. It's about sitting in the seats you paid for, not buying cheap tickets and then sitting in expensive seats.

SephClone89
07-19-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm on vacation with my family this week-South Dakota, then we're going into Minneapolis on the way back for a couple of days. My Dad and brother and I got tickets for Twins/Tigers Thursday night. Should be great.

pipdipchip
07-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah, the Legends' Club. I had seats there last year. Outstanding.

Yeah, if they had it open to the public, everyone would be in there. If I were traveling to Target Field, I'd pay a little extra for Legends Club seats. That way if it's too hot/ cold or raining/ snowing/ hailing you can get inside easily.

Nellie_Fox
07-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Yeah, if they had it open to the public, everyone would be in there. If I were traveling to Target Field, I'd pay a little extra for Legends Club seats. That way if it's too hot/ cold or raining/ snowing/ hailing you can get inside easily.Yeah, no lines at the concessions. You want something to eat? You get up from your padded, upholstered, extra-legroom seat, walk up behind to the air-conditioned concession area and go straight up to the counter and get what you want. Then you can choose to sit at a table to eat while watching the game out of the window, or take the food back to said comfortable seat. $48-60, depending on where the seats are. No single-game tickets available I don't think; I bought them at face value from a season-ticket holder. Probably available on StubHub.

Southsider101
07-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Coolest thing about the club level seating at Target Field: real wooden seats!