PDA

View Full Version : Mike Barnicle on Terry and Theo

Fenway
07-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Mike Barnicle writes ( at least I assume he did ) on the relationship between Francona and Epstein.

Terry is solid blue collar - Theo is silver spoon - but it works.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6754938/tito-theo

SI1020
07-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Mike Barnicle writes ( at least I assume he did ) on the relationship between Francona and Epstein.

Terry is solid blue collar - Theo is silver spoon - but it works.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6754938/tito-theo Good one Fenway.

Nellie_Fox
07-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Okay, I'm not one who gets upset at all of your Boston-centric posts, but seriously, why would White Sox fans care about this in the least?

Fenway
07-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Okay, I'm not one who gets upset at all of your Boston-centric posts, but seriously, why would White Sox fans care about this in the least?

Francona SHOULD have been a White Sox manager - and would have been perfect for the market.

He is a master of handling off field issues - and it is being reported here that he is leading other AL managers to get Joe West 'retired' ASAP for the good of the game.

palehozenychicty
07-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Francona SHOULD have been a White Sox manager - and would have been perfect for the market.

He is a master of handling off field issues - and it is being reported here that he is leading other AL managers to get Joe West 'retired' ASAP for the good of the game.

He seldom gets credit for running that team, but I've never heard about his job being in jeopardy.

doublem23
07-13-2011, 09:48 AM

Because it's about the Red Sox and they're AMERICA'S MOST BELOVED TEAM

SI1020
07-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Because it's about the Red Sox and they're AMERICA'S MOST BELOVED TEAM I thought the Cubs were.

Fenway
07-13-2011, 09:55 AM
He seldom gets credit for running that team, but I've never heard about his job being in jeopardy.

He will be manager as long as he wants - he will NEVER be fired.

A good example is how he handled the Jenks-Ozzie feud. He told Ozzie to shut up and he did. He commands that kind of respect in the game.

kaufsox
07-13-2011, 11:08 AM

Isn't this the kind of thing Talking Baseball is for? Don't like it, don't read it. It's not like the OP was in code.

tacosalbarojas
07-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Could also relate in juxtaposition to how the dysfunctional relationship between Ozzie and Kenny doesn't work. Would have loved Francona in the silver and black.