PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-10 Sun Rises in East, Twins Beat Sox 6-3, Sun Sets in West Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
07-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Rage away

Crestani
07-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Another pathetic effort by our hitters...!!! The Twins can take an outside pitch but the Sox hitters don't lay off them..!!:angry:

LITTLE NELL
07-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Another pathetic effort by our hitters...!!! The Twins can take an outside pitch but the Sox hitters don't lay off them..!!:angry:

And the opposing pitchers know this.

Lip Man 1
The White Sox need a break... after all they lost to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse this week...Lopez, Paulino, Chen and Swarzak (I'm sure ALL will get a lot of consideration for the Cy Young Award!)

Absolutely putrid horse**** from the team, the field manager and the coaching staff.

Lip

A. Cavatica
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
Attributed to Albert Einstein

Tragg
07-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Clean House, JR. Williams, Guillen, the whole lot.

The "elite" ain't elite; they aren't even average. The bullpen is playing well.

StillMissOzzie
07-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Hey, at least this wasn't the usual 2011 Sox formula of a wasted sparkling starter performance and squandered opportunities at the plate. On the other hand, it was yet another game where the Sox hitters give a poor to mediocre pitcher their best game of the season.
Peavy couldn't put away two successive Twinkies that he had 0-2, and they both end up with hits. :angry:
Giving up a 2-out RBI hit to the immortal Drew Butera, who was hitting .171 :angry:
Teahen's AB in the 7th really pissed me off though. With Beckham at second and nobody out, it's his job to move the runner over. JUST PUT THE ****ING BALL IN PLAY! Instead, he takes the first two pitches for called strikes and flails at the 3rd pitch for strike three. Had he gotten Beckham to 3rd, he scores on Pierre's deep fly ball. Then, TCM comes up and his AB looked to me like three pitches swinging from his heels, and he goes down for the third out . :angry:
And more of the same from Dunn. :angry:

This team is still an 8 - 10 game winning streak away from being in the thick of the AL Central race, but the more I watch, the less I believe it will happen. :angry:

SMO
:gulp::gulp:

Edit: Oh yeah, one more thing - why the hell is Dunn still batting 4th and AJ batting 7th? Ozzie, flip those two around!

Brian26
07-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Hey, at least this wasn't the usual 2011 Sox formula of a wasted sparkling starter performance and squandered opportunities at the plate. On the other hand, it was yet another game where the Sox hitters give a poor to mediocre pitcher their best game of the season.
Peavy couldn't put away two successive Twinkies that he had 0-2, and they both end up with hits. :angry:
Giving up a 2-out RBI hit to the immortal Drew Butera, who was hitting .171 :angry:
Teahen's AB in the 7th really pissed me off though. With Beckham at second and nobody out, it's his job to move the runner over. JUST PUT THE ****ING BALL IN PLAY! Instead, he takes the first two pitches for called strikes and flails at the 3rd pitch for strike three. Had he gotten Beckham to 3rd, he scores on Pierre's deep fly ball. Then, TCM comes up and his AB looked to me like three pitches swinging from his heels, and he goes down for the third out . :angry:
And more of the same from Dunn. :angry:

This team is still an 8 - 10 game winning streak away from being in the thick of the AL Central race, but the more I watch, the less I believe it will happen. :angry:

SMO
:gulp::gulp:

Edit: Oh yeah, one more thing - why the hell is Dunn still batting 4th and AJ batting 7th? Ozzie, flip those two around!

Dunn is terrible with no end in sight, but the answer isn't to put AJ and all of his three homers in the cleanup spot.

Jerko
07-10-2011, 06:50 PM
I gave up when Rios let that popup fall in FRONT of him.........for a double

Noneck
07-10-2011, 07:12 PM
I gave up when Rios let that popup fall in FRONT of him.........for a double

If hes not hurt he appears to be a dog ass.

whitesoxfan
07-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Nice fight, guys.

Crestani
07-10-2011, 07:20 PM

He is a dog ass...!!!

Zakath
07-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Dunn is terrible with no end in sight, but the answer isn't to put AJ and all of his three homers in the cleanup spot.

The answer is TCQ 3, Paulie 4, AJ 5, Beckham or Morel 6.

Put Dunn and Rios down at 7 and 8 until one of them learns to hit again.

DrCrawdad
07-10-2011, 07:42 PM

I continue to unimpressed with much about the 2011 Sox and the much ballyhooed CF defense of Rios ranks right up there.

ChiSoxGal85
07-10-2011, 08:15 PM
My daughter and I went to the game...It was hot, hot, hot, OMG was it HOT (wish the Sox had been that hot).

Peavy was just not very good. Thank heavens for Paul - he continues to show most of the Sox lineup how to hit, but they don't seem to be able to follow his lead. Although AJ has been a steady force with the bat in the last month.

There were a few too many Twins fans there for me. They weren't obnoxious; however, their mere presence was annoying enough.

Good thing I got the tix for free or I would have been pissed. As it was, I still enjoy going to the Cell and taking in some baseball. And as much as I hate watching a loss in person, it seemed easier than watching a Sox crapfest on TV.

GlassSox
07-10-2011, 08:41 PM
My daughter and I went to the game...It was hot, hot, hot, OMG was it HOT (wish the Sox had been that hot).

Peavy was just not very good. Thank heavens for Paul - he continues to show most of the Sox lineup how to hit, but they don't seem to be able to follow his lead. Although AJ has been a steady force with the bat in the last month.

There were a few too many Twins fans there for me. They weren't obnoxious; however, their mere presence was annoying enough.

Good thing I got the tix for free or I would have been pissed. As it was, I still enjoy going to the Cell and taking in some baseball. And as much as I hate watching a loss in person, it seemed easier than watching a Sox crapfest on TV.

Yes it was very hot but we managed to stay in the shade.

I agree that Peavy was not very good today and I'm not sure that we should expect much more. :(:

Twins fans in our area were tolerable.

The offense is asleep and Dunn is horrible. They look like they are just going through the motions.

The Immigrant
07-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Peavy is reportedly going back to see his Alabama doctor. He has neither velocity nor control, so expect to see him on the DL again really soon.

All hat, no cattle.

October26
07-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Peavy is reportedly going back to see his Alabama doctor. He has neither velocity nor control, so expect to see him on the DL again really soon.

All hat, no cattle.

I am not surprised. I feel bad for Jake. :(: And even worse for the Sox.

DirtySox
07-10-2011, 09:25 PM

All hat, no cattle.

Jake Peavy is awesome.

Bucky F. Dent
07-10-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't know if I can stand to watch the second half of this season.

This offensive is infuriating!

And Rongey and Bernstein can kiss my scrawny white tuckus.....Greg Walker needs to be GAWN!

GlassSox
07-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Jake Peavy is awesome.

:roflmao:

SBSoxFan
07-10-2011, 10:24 PM
I only heard a bit of the game on the radio; however, the whole complexion changed in the 7th with Teahan's AB. The Sox were poised to shock the world by beating the Twins late for a second straight game. They had already cut a 5-run deficit to two and had a runner on second with no outs. Teahan took the second pitch for called strike two. It was a curveball --- the perfect pitch to pull to the right side. Teahan would then strike out on the next pitch. A fly-ball out and another 3-pitch strikeout later, that would be it for the Sox offense. Teahan would also end the game by hitting into a double play in the bottom of the ninth. I know several other players sucked today as usual, but Teahan's AB in the 7th really pissed me off.

guillensdisciple
07-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Jake Peavy is awesome.

Jake Peavy has the biggest mouth i have ever seen. I regret listening to that fool talk like he gave a damn. What an awesome dirtbag.

EDIT: oh and have they stopped advertising the all in thing yet or is that still going on?

tstrike2000
07-10-2011, 11:53 PM
There was a game today?

BainesHOF
07-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Something physical is definitely wrong with Peavy. I spotted a change in his delivery on the very first pitch. He was falling to the left of the mound and not driving toward toward the plate. As the game wore on, his delivery and follow-through were highly inconsistent. He looked like he was favoring something. He looked nothing like he has when he's pitched well.

Rios needs to sit. He made two dumb throws today and he's swinging like he has no strength.

A.J.'s lack of hustle in running out ground balls should be unacceptable.

By the way, Farmer and Jackson have been very good on radio lately. They've been calling out players quite often when they do something stupid or don't hustle.

Guillen's managing was ridiculous during the homestand. The team got what it deserved. Can he just be fired already?

DickAllen72
07-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Something physical is definitely wrong with Peavy. I spotted a change in his delivery on the very first pitch. He was falling to the left of the mound and not driving toward toward the plate. As the game wore on, his delivery and follow-through were highly inconsistent. He looked like he was favoring something. He looked nothing like he has when he's pitched well.

Rios needs to sit. He made two dumb throws today and he's swinging like he has no strength.

A.J.'s lack of hustle in running out ground balls should be unacceptable.

By the way, Farmer and Jackson have been very good on radio lately. They've been calling out players quite often when they do something stupid or don't hustle.

Guillen's managing was ridiculous during the homestand. The team got what it deserved. Can he just be fired already?
Your hatred of AJ is well documented but really he is one of the few White Sox who has been playing like he gives a damn.

Jerko
07-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Heavyset guy sitting near me got a little overheated. The people with him were pouring water on him. They carted him away in a wheelchair so I hope he was ok. As for the game......blah. Most boring this team has been in a long time.

BigKlu59
07-11-2011, 10:32 AM
He is a dog ass...!!!

You are much too kind.... I prefer to think of him as that burning brown bag of merde on Mrs, Mugillicutty's front porch.. These guys are maddening..:angry: Its pretty bad when you are surprised by a an outstanding play or at bat..Its almost as if you are cheering for that .085 daisy picking little leaguer in right field.. As for Adam "Babe" Dunn, a 6 year old with a wiffle ball could K this Casey...

BK59

BigKlu59
07-11-2011, 10:37 AM

All hat, no cattle.

In my side of town we like to say.." His mouth is writing checks his ass cant cash"....

BK59

BainesHOF
07-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Your hatred of AJ is well documented but really he is one of the few White Sox who has been playing like he gives a damn.

I hate when A.J. doesn't hustle, which unfortunately happens quite a bit. I don't hate A.J. Big difference. In fact, his offense is one of the biggest surprises in the first half. He's hitting the ball with authority for the first time since 2009. The way the lineup is struggling now, A.J. should be batting third or fifth. His throwing is another story, but you've got to plug what holes you can at the moment.

Nelfox02
07-11-2011, 10:36 PM

All hat, no cattle.

over/under on how many more starts he will make until he is either shut down or has a season ending injury?

A. Cavatica
07-11-2011, 10:53 PM
over/under on how many more starts he will make until he is either shut down or has a season ending injury?

Time to trade him for Mark Prior.