PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie for Quade

doublem23
07-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Straight up. Who says no? Who gets the short end?

Any time you can give up your 2nd best hitter, so your opponent can walk your best hitter, to get to your worst hitter... well, that's a move you gotta make.

DSpivack
07-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Quade? Why is he relevant to the discussion of Ozzie's poor managing?

doublem23
07-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Quade? Why is he relevant to the discussion of Ozzie's poor managing?

He appears to be the worst manager in the National League, making him Ozzie's peer.

Also this is born from a discussion with my Cub fan brother watching the Sox game together. Can't come to definitive answer.

DSpivack
07-09-2011, 06:51 PM
He appears to be the worst manager in the National League, making him Ozzie's peer.

Also this is born from a discussion with my Cub fan brother watching the Sox game together. Can't come to definitive answer.

As I don't watch the Cubs, I wouldn't know. :tongue:

spawn
07-09-2011, 07:17 PM
It's sad, but at this point, I'd take Ozzie over Quade.

Boondock Saint
07-09-2011, 08:13 PM
I'll take what's behind curtain #3, Monty.

Brian26
07-09-2011, 08:18 PM
As bad as Ozzie is, he's 100 times better than Quade, who probably should be managing somewhere in double A against Wally Backman or Nick Leyva.

Red Barchetta
07-09-2011, 08:51 PM
A Cub fan's worst nightmare...

1.) Sox fire Ozzie
2.) Sox hire Ryne Sandberg
3.) Sox win World Series

Won't happen (the Sandberg part), however funny to think about. :D:

Rocky Soprano
07-09-2011, 10:47 PM
A Cub fan's worst nightmare...

1.) Sox fire Ozzie
2.) Sox hire Ryne Sandberg
3.) Sox win World Series

Won't happen (the Sandberg part), however funny to think about. :D:

What is Sandberg doing nowadays?

chisoxfanatic
07-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Quade might've made more bad decisions against us alone than Ozzie has all season.

doublem23
07-09-2011, 10:57 PM
What is Sandberg doing nowadays?

Manager of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, the Phillies' AAA team.

Rocky Soprano
07-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Manager of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, the Phillies' AAA team.

Would Sox fans be open to hiring Sandberg?
Last I remember he was doing a solid job in AAA for the Cubs.

balke
07-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Straight up. Who says no? Who gets the short end?

Any time you can give up your 2nd best hitter, so your opponent can walk your best hitter, to get to your worst hitter... well, that's a move you gotta make.

Quade makes me insane and I don't even watch the Cubs.

"Paulie"
"Gordy"
"Lexy"
"Brenty"
"Dunny"
"Pierzy"
"Marky"
"Jakey"
"Floydy"
"Sergy"
"Matty"
"Lilly"
"Crainy"
"Juany"
"Vicie"

Yeah I'll pass. There were some strange calls today - but he won the game. Maybe if anything he just wants to make it clear that if this team can't hit a guy like Mijares then they don't deserve to win. Not that I truly trusted Beckham to lay a good enough bunt down in that situation.

Nellie_Fox
07-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Would Sox fans be open to hiring Sandberg?
I don't know what "Sox fans" think, because I would submit that this board is evidence that they don't agree on anything.

That said, hiring a Cubs icon would make my skin crawl. That's just me.

HomeFish
07-10-2011, 03:42 AM
The issue is that Ozzie is the only celebrity on the team. He gets us coverage on ESPN frequently, which none of our players is really capable of doing (except AJ).

doublem23
07-10-2011, 05:32 AM
The issue is that Ozzie is the only celebrity on the team. He gets us coverage on ESPN frequently, which none of our players is really capable of doing (except AJ).

... so ... ?

white sox bill
07-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I really wouldn't care if he was an ex Cub or ex Third Reich, if he could get us another ring, by all means.

all*star quentin
07-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Quade makes me insane and I don't even watch the Cubs.

"Paulie"
"Gordy"
"Lexy"
"Brenty"
"Dunny"
"Pierzy"
"Marky"
"Jakey"
"Floydy"
"Sergy"
"Matty"
"Lilly"
"Crainy"
"Juany"
"Vicie"

Yeah I'll pass. There were some strange calls today - but he won the game. Maybe if anything he just wants to make it clear that if this team can't hit a guy like Mijares then they don't deserve to win. Not that I truly trusted Beckham to lay a good enough bunt down in that situation.

This made me laughy. :tongue:

Rocky Soprano
07-10-2011, 02:50 PM

I rather get coverage by winning than get coverage due to our loud mouth manager.

doublem23
07-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I rather get coverage by winning than get coverage due to our loud mouth manager.

Not to mention, did we even get 1 game on ESPN this season? Seems like if that's the only reason to keep Ozzie around, he gets an F there, too.

Chrisaway
07-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Have you seen how horrible fundamentaly the Cubs are this year? No thank you to Quade.

guillensdisciple
07-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Nah, and not because of coaching skill, but because Quade freaks me out. He kind of looks like a vampire.

DumpJerry
07-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Other than Red Sox and Yankee fans, who watches ESPN? MLB Network is the only one that matters these days.

PeteWard
07-11-2011, 12:23 AM
I'll take what's behind curtain #3, Monty.

I'll take what Jay's got on the table

Gavin
07-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Let's make this more interesting... Ozzie for a bag of balls? They're Rawlings

tstrike2000
07-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Cubs could trade Quade for a steaming pile of dung, that's about it.

Frater Perdurabo
07-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Cubs could trade Quade for a steaming pile of dung, that's about it.

Would they take Greg Walker instead of a steaming pile of dung?