PDA

View Full Version : Cubbie Fans Hawk Obsession?

DrCrawdad
07-09-2011, 02:21 PM
I LUV Hawk but I can understand when some Sox fans post their displeasure with Hawk's broadcasting style. But Cubbie fans posting about Hawk, perpetually? I thought it was only Sox fans that paid attention to the Cubbies and that Cubbie fans paid absolutely no attention or care about the Sox? And if that oft repeated refrain were true, why would they voice discussions like this?

Mod Edit: Please don't link to any other sports' message boards without prior permission of the admins/mods. Thank you.

PeteWard
07-09-2011, 02:27 PM
He is one of the worst announcers of all time. It's not just Cub fans.You can see how much he is hated on the fan boards of nearly every team we play when they get our home broadcast on mlb.com.

DrCrawdad
07-09-2011, 02:51 PM
He is one of the worst announcers of all time. It's not just Cub fans.You can see how much he is hated on the fan boards of nearly every team we play when they get our home broadcast on mlb.com.

That may very well be true but think of it this way. What if I repeatedly said that I don't give (darn) about The Chicago Fire, and how I never pay any attention to the Fire. Then I repeatedly post about the Fire and then start a discussion thread about the Fire's TV broadcaster? I think people might call me out for hypocrisy, self-delusion and just not being honest.

Cubbie fans, if you don't care about the Sox and never pay them any attention why do you get so riled up by Hawk? Don't care about nor pay attention to the Sox, then live up to the claim.

DSpivack
07-09-2011, 04:24 PM
That may very well be true but think of it this way. What if I repeatedly said that I don't give (darn) about The Chicago Fire, and how I never pay any attention to the Fire. Then I repeatedly post about the Fire and then start a discussion thread about the Fire's TV broadcaster? I think people might call me out for hypocrisy, self-delusion and just not being honest.

Cubbie fans, if you don't care about the Sox and never pay them any attention why do you get so riled up by Hawk? Don't care about nor pay attention to the Sox, then live up to the claim.

Well, there are plenty of people who consistently feel the need to voice their hatred of all things soccer, and will continuously tell you how much they don't care about the sport, how bad the sport is, yadda yadda yadda.

Boondock Saint
07-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I LUV Hawk but I can understand when some Sox fans post their displeasure with Hawk's broadcasting style. But Cubbie fans posting about Hawk, perpetually? I thought it was only Sox fans that paid attention to the Cubbies and that Cubbie fans paid absolutely no attention or care about the Sox? And if that oft repeated refrain were true, why would they voice discussions like this?

And you found yourself reading a Cubs message board for what reason exactly? Methinks the pot is calling the kettle black here.

Bob Roarman
07-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah copy that. That post in that Cubs forum actually looks like it was in reference to Awful Announcing's tournament of bad announcers to replace Joe Morgan on their Mt. Rushmore. Hawk got lucky and went up against the juggernaut that is Rick Reilly in the first round.

WhiteSox5187
07-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah copy that. That post in that Cubs forum actually looks like it was in reference to Awful Announcing's tournament of bad announcers to replace Joe Morgan on their Mt. Rushmore. Hawk got lucky and went up against the juggernaut that is Rick Reilly in the first round.

What's sad is that he USED to be a fantastic writer.

Bobby Thigpen
07-09-2011, 09:43 PM
What's sad is that he USED to be a fantastic writer.
When was that?

voodoochile
07-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Why would we care what some flubbie fans think and why are we linking to their site?

Oh we aren't anymore... what a shame...