PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's lineup

NLaloosh
07-08-2011, 11:38 AM
What's wrong with this guy that he refuses to put a lineup out there that will score some runs ? It's almost like he does it intentionally.

He puts rally killers in the middle of the order and low OBP guys at the top.

How hard is it to do this:

Pierre
Ramirez
Konerko
A.J.
Quentin
Beckham
Dunn
Rios
Morel

Isn't this lineup gonna score more than the crap he puts out there? Are Dunn's and Rios' feelings going to be hurt? I doubt it. They will get booed less down there.

KMcMahon817
07-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Who knows what the answer is.

It's time to do something about Rios. I honestly believe that at some point Dunn will figure it out, and will again be a productive slugger. That may not happen this year, but I am willing to give him that chance.

Rios on the other hand....he just doesn't look like he even cares. His outfield defense has been below average and obviously his hitting has been equally as bad. His contract is not moveable, but the SOX just cannot afford to run him and Dunn out there together night in and night out.

daveeym
07-08-2011, 07:14 PM
I thought he did do something like this for awhile and we won some games before it disappeared again. Am I mistaken?

kevingrt
07-08-2011, 07:21 PM
What's wrong with this guy that he refuses to put a lineup out there that will score some runs ? It's almost like he does it intentionally.

He puts rally killers in the middle of the order and low OBP guys at the top.

How hard is it to do this:

Pierre
Ramirez
Konerko
A.J.
Quentin
Beckham
Dunn
Rios
Morel

Isn't this lineup gonna score more than the crap he puts out there? Are Dunn's and Rios' feelings going to be hurt? I doubt it. They will get booed less down there.

Low OBP guys? Who do you want leading off?

Top White Sox OBP guys in order (no AB requirement):

Buehrle
Peavy
Konerko
Quentin
Lillibridge
Ramirez
Piersynski
Pierre

So who do you want as your 1-2? Our hitting sucks no matter who it is minus Paulie. And he even hasn't been that great lately especially in the clutch. And Lilli has been sucking as of late so lets not get started on him either. I don't mind a Buehrle-Alexei 1-2 combination but I personally do not know if Buehrle can keep up his .500 OBP all year.

NLaloosh
07-09-2011, 01:24 AM
Dunn and Rios are the biggest rally killers on the team and Ozzie continually puts them in spots where they are often up with men on base - like tonight.

They rarely come through. It's ridiculous to bat Dunn higher than 7th and Rios should be right behind him. That way only 1 inning out of 3 will be lost.

LITTLE NELL
07-09-2011, 06:47 AM
Morel is not impressing me at all. No power at all. He needs another year in the minors. Its time to give Teahen an extended look at 3B with Omar coming in for late inning defense. Lets try to get our moneys worth out of Teahen.

BainesHOF
07-09-2011, 09:14 PM

I think he might be doing it intentionally.

It doesn't take a genius to bat Dunn and Rios low in the order. If/when they start hitting again, then you move them up. Batting a guy hitting in the .160s third in July is surreal stupidity unless....

AnkleSox
07-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Morel is not impressing me at all. No power at all. He needs another year in the minors. Its time to give Teahen an extended look at 3B with Omar coming in for late inning defense. Lets try to get our moneys worth out of Teahen.

As much as I agree with you this makes me want to puke.

doublem23
07-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I think he might be doing it intentionally.

It doesn't take a genius to bat Dunn and Rios low in the order. If/when they start hitting again, then you move them up. Batting a guy hitting in the .160s third in July is surreal stupidity unless....

Unfortunately everyone is struggling. You can't bat everyone 7-9

Gavin
07-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Low OBP guys? Who do you want leading off?

Top White Sox OBP guys in order (no AB requirement):

Buehrle
Peavy
Konerko
Quentin
Lillibridge
Ramirez
Piersynski
Pierre

So who do you want as your 1-2? Our hitting sucks no matter who it is minus Paulie. And he even hasn't been that great lately especially in the clutch. And Lilli has been sucking as of late so lets not get started on him either. I don't mind a Buehrle-Alexei 1-2 combination but I personally do not know if Buehrle can keep up his .500 OBP all year.

Wow you're so funny!

LITTLE NELL
07-10-2011, 02:29 PM
As much as I agree with you this makes me want to puke.

I never wanted to trade Getz and an infield of Beckham at 3B, TCM at SS, Getz at 2B and PK at IB would not have been bad. I think we gave up on Getz way too soon.

doublem23
07-10-2011, 03:31 PM
I never wanted to trade Getz and an infield of Beckham at 3B, TCM at SS, Getz at 2B and PK at IB would not have been bad. I think we gave up on Getz way too soon.

Getz is hitting .249/.313/.285 since we traded him. Not missing much.

LITTLE NELL
07-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Getz is hitting .249/.313/.285 since we traded him. Not missing much.

He was hurt last year, this year he's at .260 and has 16 SBs.
Still say we gave up on him too soon.

doublem23
07-10-2011, 03:41 PM
He was hurt last year, this year he's at .260 and has 16 SBs.
Still say we gave up on him too soon.

That's one of the big knocks on Getz, he's always hurt.

He is what he is, a mediocre middle infielder. Worth a dime a dozen. Nothing to worry about.

AnkleSox
07-10-2011, 08:46 PM
That's one of the big knocks on Getz, he's always hurt.

He is what he is, a mediocre middle infielder. Worth a dime a dozen. Nothing to worry about.

So he's like Beckham.

balke
07-10-2011, 08:52 PM
So he's like Beckham.

Except way better than Beckham because he doesn't play for the Sox anymore which means he's awesome. I actually just read some Royals blog where they were saying they should get rid of Getz because he's playing way over his head and that's not even good.

link: http://www.royalsreview.com/2011/7/5/2259164/chris-getz-royals

NLaloosh
07-10-2011, 10:28 PM
I like Getz, also. But, let's be realistic, he wouldn't be the answer to anything.

I'm just saying that for the most part - Pierre, Ramirez, Konerko, A.J. and Quentin have been productive so why the hell can't Ozzie put them in the lineup together to score more runs?

It's unbelievable that he won't. Of Dunn, Rios, Beckham and Morel it doesn't matter much what order but they should be the bottom 4. Isn't that obvious?