PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-7 Their perpetual losers 6, Our perpetual losers 2 Postmortem

Frater Perdurabo
07-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Disgust...

OmahaSoxFan
07-07-2011, 10:45 PM
The saga continues... Can't wait to hear OG "tip his cap" to the Twins once again... I'm disgusted - screw this gutless team. :angry:

WhiteSox5187
07-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Ozzie has lost this team and we're a ****ty ****ing team. Biggest ****ing 19 game stretch of the year and we role over and die like ****ing dogs. Shame of this ****ing team.

If Ozzie and Kenny are still manager and GM of this team next year, I won't be spending a dime on this team.

cleanwsox
0-19 for our 2-6 hitters.

Great lineup Ozzie.

tstrike2000
This game thread will be a hum dinger.

Chicken Dinner
07-07-2011, 10:47 PM
This team is getting hard to watch!

OmahaSoxFan
0-19 for our 2-6 hitters.

Great lineup Ozzie.

One word - PATHETIC!

Mohoney
Silver lining in this usual Wile E. Coyote outing against the Twins?

Hector Santiago should be in this bullpen. Tony Pena and Brian Bruney can go away for all I care.

When John Danks comes back, Brian Bruney can go away.

chisoxfanatic
I am sick of Adam Dunn, I am sick of our lack of hustle on the field resulting in extra base runners and runs, I am sick of Adam Dunn, I am sick of the Sox being the Twins' bitches, I am sick of Adam Dunn, I am sick of our lack of hitting against this team, Did I mention I am sick of Adam Dunn?

Oh, and Walker and Ozzie too.

Frater Perdurabo
Only Santiago was worth a damn.

Teahen reverting to his usual garbage time homer.

After a hot start, Vizquel is putrid.

tstrike2000
07-07-2011, 10:48 PM
I know I've asked this question before and also the fact the Sox have a trouble as a whole on offense, but is there a valid reason Ozzie keeps putting Dunn batting third or fourth?

Frater Perdurabo
07-07-2011, 10:48 PM
I know I've asked this question before and also the fact the Sox have a trouble as a whole on offense, but is there a valid reason Ozzie keeps putting Dunn batting third or fourth?

Because Ozzie makes the ****ing lineups. Now go piss on a statue.

Soxfest
07-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Time to back the truck up. Hawk quit worrying what Cleveland does every night. A great homestand against AL Central as usual, Walker has to be fired at the All Star break has too. Enjoy 14,000 a night rest of the season!:angry:

GoSox4
And this season is OVA!!!!!

ChiSoxGirl

:lol: Thanks for that humor on a night when there isn't much to laugh about.

SI1020
Only Santiago was worth a damn.

Teahen reverting to his usual garbage time homer.

After a hot start, Vizquel is putrid. He probably needs oxygen and warm milk after a game. I mean come on, I like him and he'll be in the HOF some day, but what serious contender has him on a roster?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-07-2011, 10:50 PM
So how is Rongey going to defend Walker and Ozzie in this one's postgamer? You know he will..."Ozzie and Walker can't bat for them"? "Pavano pitched his A game today"? What will the Wheel O' Excuses land on today?

doublem23
Bad team playing bad baseball

tstrike2000

Got it. I'm about to release the pressure from the inner walls of my bladder as we speak.

chisoxfanatic
Who else thinks we're gonna get swept?

Noneck
Enjoy 14,000 a night rest of the season!:angry:

Is that the average advance sales for the rest of the year?

Mohoney
07-07-2011, 10:51 PM
God bless Chris Rongey, because this is going to get ugly.

Soxfest
07-07-2011, 10:51 PM
So how is Rongey going to defend Walker and Ozzie in this one's postgamer? You know he will..."Ozzie and Walker can't bat for them"? "Pavano pitched his A game today"? What will the Wheel O' Excuses land on today?
It will NEVER be the Sox brasses fault in his eyes.

cleanwsox
07-07-2011, 10:52 PM

I'd be more surprised if they didn't get swept. The bar is that low in my eyes.

Nelfox02
How can you not love this team!

The Sox inability to beat this team is surreal......are we nearing historic dominance?

is it Globe Trotters vs Washington Generals then chi sox Twins?

peelwonder
How is it possible for a player to be this bad at the All star break?

SI1020
Who else thinks we're gonna get swept? I actually think we'll win one.

Soxfest
Is that the average advance sales for the rest of the year?
Not counting the Yankees series got to be dam close.

doublem23
07-07-2011, 10:53 PM
God bless Chris Rongey, because this is going to get ugly.

Oh yeah, whatever, he gets paid to cherry pick the most insane losers who still call into sports talk radio. Tough gig, tough gig.

Frater Perdurabo
07-07-2011, 10:53 PM
It will NEVER be the Sox brasses fault in his eyes.

Ozzie could piss on the Statue of Liberty and some here would defend him.

VMSNS
07-07-2011, 10:54 PM
There's nothing else that can be said. Ozzie has lost the team, plain and simple. They looked defeated even in the 1st inning. The term "gutless" gets thrown around so much here, but at this point there seems to be some degree of truth in the statement that this team "has no guts". How we can continue to roll over against this ****ty Minnesota team with Rene Tosoni, Ben Revere, Alexei Casilla, and Butera is completely beyond me.

I can't believe I sat through that ****. And on top of it, STOP PLAYING THOSE "ALL IN" COMMERCIALS! Every time I see one, I want to bash myself in the ****ing head with a wrench.

Mohoney
Ranger hanging Phil Humber out to dry in the postgame show.

Spineless, to say the least.

Soxfest
Oh yeah, whatever, he gets paid to cherry pick the most insane losers who still call into sports talk radio. Tough gig, tough gig.
Amen brother.

WhiteSox5187
07-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Ozzie could piss on the Statue of Liberty and some here would defend him.

Look, Ozzie might actually be an okay manager, but he has CLEARLY lost this team. It's time for him to go. There is no reason for him to stay around, this is a horse **** team that always gives a horse **** effort and that reflects directly upon him.

Noneck
07-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Not counting the Yankees series got to be dam close.

Then thats what they should get and most of those should be sold to others for a quarter on a dollar.

Soxfest
07-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Ozzie could piss on the Statue of Liberty and some here would defend him.Rongey would be first in line.

Mohoney

I forgot the teal.

WhiteSox5187
There's nothing else that can be said. Ozzie has lost the team, plain and simple. They looked defeated even in the 1st inning. The term "gutless" gets thrown around so much here, but at this point there seems to be some degree of truth in the statement that this team "has no guts". How we can continue to roll over against this ****ty Minnesota team with Rene Tosoni, Ben Revere, Alexei Casilla, and Butera is completely beyond me.

I can't believe I sat through that ****. And on top of it, STOP PLAYING THOSE "ALL IN" COMMERCIALS! Every time I see one, I want to bash myself in the ****ing head with a wrench.

I know they need to try and sell tickets, but it's time to come up with a new phrase and film a new commercial. Maybe "We're so sorry."

sox1970
How is it possible for a player to be this bad at the All star break?

I really don't know how they can continue with him on the roster. For his own good, they have to do something with Dunn at the break. I'll be real surprised if Viciedo isn't in Detroit next Friday night.

doublem23
07-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I forgot the teal.

Gotcha. :cool:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-07-2011, 10:58 PM
I really want to go tomorrow to the game, put a paper bag over my head, and hold up a sign that says "I'm a Sox fan at a Sox-Twins game, what's wrong with me?"

If only that would send the message.

doublem23
I know they need to try and sell tickets, but it's time to come up with a new phrase and film a new commercial. Maybe "We're so sorry."

Maybe something like... Half Price for Half Effort?

tstrike2000

Humber can't throw a gem every time out. And he needed to throw a gem if the *******s behind him can't score more than two runs.

ChiSoxGal85
The good - nice job by Hector Santiago.

The bad - Everything else.

Wow, I am SO not looking forward to the next 3 days of ****ty games like this. I didn't watch past the 3rd inning and I'm still nauseous. The only way I see something changing in the next 3 games is if someone like Ozzie, or a player, has a ****ing temper tantrum and lights a fire under their asses.

***, Cleveland had a walk-off grand slam?? Are you paying attention, White Sox? Good teams find ways to win. Or are you really not a good team?

Someone in the game thread mentioned the premiere of Torchwood:Miracle Day tomorrow....Now THAT I'm looking forward to. I only wish it was on about 2 hours earlier so that I'd have absolutely no reason to even think about watching tomorrow's game.

lowestofthelow
07-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Saturday's Headline: Steven Hawking shuts out Sox!

Frater Perdurabo

Humber is the only reason the Sox are anywhere near .500. If not for Humber, we'd have had Pena (until he got hurt) and minor league filler pitching every fifth day.

WhiteSox5187
Maybe something like... Half Price for Half Effort?

Half effort? Good God, this is more like an 1/18th of an effort! Or at least it sure looks like that!

JB98
Look, Ozzie might actually be an okay manager, but he has CLEARLY lost this team. It's time for him to go. There is no reason for him to stay around, this is a horse **** team that always gives a horse **** effort and that reflects directly upon him.

Speaking of horse**** efforts, the Sox fell behind 3-0 in ALL THREE games against Kansas City. By the second inning tonight, they were down 3-0 AGAIN.

At that point, I turned the game off. There's no point in watching a team that is so poorly prepared to play.

7-14 against divisional foes this year. 39-54 since Opening Day 2010.

ChiSoxGirl
07-07-2011, 11:00 PM
I'd be more surprised if they didn't get swept. The bar is that low in my eyes.

I'm with you. If the Sox win even one of the four games in this series, I'll be stunned.

WhiteSox5187
07-07-2011, 11:01 PM

Nah, we'd hit a meaningless home run off of him at some point.

Soxfest
07-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Humber is the only reason the Sox are anywhere near .500. If not for Humber, we'd have had Pena (until he got hurt) and minor league filler pitching every fifth day.
Notice Rongey rips on the only pitcher that has done his job all season, yet Walker is a sacred cow in his eyes.

WhiteSox5187
07-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Speaking of horse**** efforts, the Sox fell behind 3-0 in ALL THREE games against Kansas City. By the second inning tonight, they were down 3-0 AGAIN.

At that point, I turned the game off. There's no point in watching a team that is so poorly prepared to play.

7-14 against divisional foes this year. 39-54 since Opening Day 2010.

We're a bad team, we're not mediocre, we're BAD. Will anyone ever be held accountable? I really don't think so.

HaroMaster87
I held true to my word and didnt watch...and it went exactly like i thought it would...our guys didnt show up...

19 games against our division...im guessing 5-14...

tstrike2000
I once predicted this team would go 94-68. I have since stopped making predictions.

Soxfest
07-07-2011, 11:04 PM
I once predicted this team would go 94-68. I have since stopped making predictions.
Reverse that and you may have something at this point.

cws05champ
07-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Humber can't throw a gem every time out. And he needed to throw a gem if the *******s behind him can't score more than two runs.
Humber should be the last one to be hung out to dry after the year he has had so far...yes he had a bad game but geez, you can't get on him for this one. The ONLY positive was Santiago.

Trade Quentin and Jackson after the ASB, Fire Greg Walker, Ozzie and the staff....yes I may be over reacting, but I have had it with this team.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
Notice Rongey rips on the only pitcher that has done his job all season, yet Walker is a sacred cow in his eyees.

Rongey can go kick rocks while pounding sand.

It's not that I even want him to go ballistic on the team, but seriously, the way he takes the stance that Ozzie/Walker are misunderstood and underappreciated and dismisses anyone else who says otherwise with "you're wrong" pisses me off almost as much as the Sox themselves do.

SoxSpeed22
I really want to go tomorrow to the game, put a paper bag over my head, and hold up a sign that says "I'm a Sox fan at a Sox-Twins game, what's wrong with me?"

If only that would send the message.I was thinking, 'This is how you guys play against the Twins.' Then draw a down arrow pointing to the paper bag. Because it's the same damn thing.

soltrain21
Holy **** do I not care about what Chris Rongey says on a post game show.

Mohoney
Notice Rongey rips on the only pitcher that has done his job all season, yet Walker is a sacred cow in his eyes.

Coaches and front office employees are off-limits for Hawk Jr. Players, even good ones, are fair game.

Chris Rongey has been pretty pathetic for a long time now. It's almost to the point where it should be expected.

ChiSoxGirl
07-07-2011, 11:06 PM

I remember that phone conversation with you like it was yesterday. It was mid-March, if I'm not mistaken and you were sure the Sox would go 94-68. And I was sure you were right. Not so much.

Soxfest
07-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Coaches and front office employees are off-limits for Hawk Jr. Players, even good ones, are fair game.

Chris Rongey has been pretty pathetic for a long time now. It's almost to the point where it should be expected. His next thought will be his first.

TheOldRoman
07-07-2011, 11:09 PM
You had to expect a horrible outing from Humber sooner or later considering how great he had been all year. You had to expect a horrible outing from the offense... every single game because they have been horrible all year and have a historically incompetent hitting coach.

The Twins are a horse**** team right now, and the Sox still piss down their leg at the sight of the TC cap. No excuse for the effort they gave tonight.

Frater Perdurabo
07-07-2011, 11:09 PM

The Twins have announced a batting tee will start Sunday's game.

Hard-working Greg Walker will shoot three hours of video of the Twins batting tee from different angles, then spend four more hours in the video room editing the video of the batting tee. Meanwhile, Sox hitters will take batting practice off their own tee, and pat themselves on the back for taking long swings and hitting the ball over the fence. Walker will sit back and wait for Sox hitters to come to him if they need him.

During the game against the Twins batting tee, Pierre will work two walks, but get thrown out twice while attempting to steal second base. Rios will pop out twice and ground out twice to the third baseman. The best scoring chance will come when Beckham will bunt and reach on a throwing error. Pierre will sac bunt him to second, and Morel will ground out to the right side, advancing Beckham to third. Dunn will then strike out looking to end the inning. The Twins batting tee will be carried off the field after no-hitting the Sox.

ChiSoxGal85
07-07-2011, 11:11 PM

Hard-working Greg Walker will shoot three hours of video of the Twins batting tee from different angles, then spend four more hours in the video room editing the video of the batting tee. Meanwhile, Sox hitters will take batting practice off their own tee, and pat themselves on the back for taking long swings and hitting the ball over the fence. Walker will sit back and wait for Sox hitters to come to him if they need him.

During the game against the Twins batting tee, Pierre will work two walks, but get thrown out twice while attempting to steal second base. Rios will pop out twice and ground out twice to the third baseman. The best scoring chance will come when Beckham will bunt and reach on a throwing error. Pierre will sac bunt him to second, and Morel will ground out to the right side, advancing Beckham to third. Dunn will then strike out looking. The Twins batting tee will be carried off the field after no-hitting the Sox.
:rolling: well played.

tstrike2000
07-07-2011, 11:11 PM
I remember that phone conversation with you like it was yesterday. It was mid-March, if I'm not mistaken and you were sure the Sox would go 94-68. And I was sure you were right. Not so much.

I was just reading about Dick Williams, the former manager that just passed away. That kind of manager just seems like such a far cry from what we have now. All this bullcrap that it's not Ozzie or Greg Walker's fault or whatever, it should be said to Ozzie, "Ozzie, you're not getting the job done against your own division and you haven't for a while. Thanks for the World Series and your contributions here, but your services are no longer needed."

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-07-2011, 11:12 PM

During the game against the Twins batting tee, Pierre will work two walks, but get thrown out twice while attempting to steal second base. Rios will pop out twice and ground out twice to the third baseman. The best scoring chance will come when Beckham will bunt and reach on a throwing error. Pierre will sac bunt him to second, and Morel will ground out to the right side, advancing Beckham to third. Dunn will then strike out looking. The Twins batting tee will be carried off the field after no-hitting the Sox.

And Ozzie during the post-game presser will say "There's nothing you can do against that kind of stuff the tee had today...the Twins are a underrated team, and Gardy had his boys ready to play. Man, he's a great manager."

tstrike2000

During the game against the Twins batting tee, Pierre will work two walks, but get thrown out twice while attempting to steal second base. Rios will pop out twice and ground out twice to the third baseman. The best scoring chance will come when Beckham will bunt and reach on a throwing error. Pierre will sac bunt him to second, and Morel will ground out to the right side, advancing Beckham to third. Dunn will then strike out looking to end the inning. The Twins batting tee will be carried off the field after no-hitting the Sox.

Aside from his teaching job, Frater will be here all week folks.

kittle42
I can't even get rid of my tickets for tomorrow night for free.

I know where my invoice for next season is going when it comes in the mail...unless Ozzie or Kenny is gone by then.

White Sox Baseball: We only hold the fans accountable

GlassSox
07-07-2011, 11:13 PM

:roflmao:

Frater Perdurabo
And Ozzie during the post-game presser will say "There's nothing you can do against that kind of stuff the tee had today...the Twins are a underrated team, and Gardy had his boys ready to play. Man, he's a great manager."

"Gotta tip your hat to that batting tee."

soltrain21

I know where my invoice for next season is going when it comes in the mail...unless Ozzie or Kenny is gone by then.

Pretty much, yes.

Hitmen77
Fourth place, here we come! I can't wait to hear some more about this not being Ozzie's, Walker's, or Kenny's fault.

:puking:
:anon:
:tiphat:

billyvsox
07-07-2011, 11:14 PM
i do not know what else to say. It has all been said here many times by all of you/us. Viciedo should have been called up a month ago, Rios and Dunn should have been benched, pick a lineup and STICK with it, someone teach these mo*****f*****ers some plate discipline, etc, etc, etc.

Nothing and I mean nothing will change until some MAJOR changes are made. Other teams call up their hot propects, other teams fire hitting coaches when they dont hit, other teams fire managers when they lose the team.

Not us.

Sigh....maybe things would have been different if they tried SOMETHING a month ageo

doublem23
Holy **** do I not care about what Chris Rongey says on a post game show.

Seriously, why do people even listen to that crap?

Soxfest
You had to expect a horrible outing from Humber sooner or later considering how great he had been all year. You had to expect a horrible outing from the offense... every single game because they have been horrible all year and have a historically incompetent hitting coach.

The Twins are a horse**** team right now, and the Sox still piss down their leg at the sight of the TC cap. No excuse for the effort they gave tonight.
Unfortunately tonight was the night, I appreciate PH effort so far in 2011. OG and GW MUST GO!

tstrike2000
07-07-2011, 11:15 PM

And Hawk seems to be the ringleader of the Twins ass kissing during the telecasts. I wouldn't be surprised if him and Gardenhose shared a spaghetti noodle during the pre-game dinner.

Hitmen77
07-07-2011, 11:15 PM

:lol:

WhiteSox5187
07-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Unfortunately tonight was the night, I appreciate PH effort so far in 2011. OG and GW MUST GO!

So must Kenny.

HaroMaster87
07-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Fourth place, here we come!

:anon:
:tiphat:

LOVE your sig...but i think you need to add KC to it now...

TomBradley72
07-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm tired of KW's arrogance and the "mean look in his eye" while he talks tough but doesn't deliver well built rosters or a decent minor league system.

I'm tired of Ozzie stubbornly ignoring reality with misplaced loyalty to Pierre and the ridiculous use of Dunn as a #3 or #4 hitter.

I'm tired of Chris Rongey yelling, talking over, and berating the few people that give a damn enough to call into a sports radio station after another pathetic outing.

I'm tired of another warmed over/stale schedule of "promotions"- does ANYONE think Mullet Night or Rat Pack night are great promotions after the the 6th or 7th year?

I think I'm just tired of the White Sox.

I've been a fan since 1971- I don't think I've ever said that in early July.

Hitmen77
07-07-2011, 11:19 PM
LOVE your sig...but i think you need to add KC to it now...

Yeah, we're 2-3 vs. the last place Royals. Pathetic!

Frater Perdurabo
07-07-2011, 11:20 PM

Quentin will manage to work two HBPs while facing the batting tee. (Don't ask me the physics behind that; just know it will involve Southpaw, some pine tar, and a ham sandwich from the overturned buffet table.)

With Quentin at first, AJ will GIDP both times.

Soxfest
07-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Seriously, why do people even listen to that crap?
I do not, but I get tired of someone pissing down my back and Rongey telling me it is raining!:angry:

tstrike2000
07-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Quentin will manage to work two HBPs while facing the batting tee. (Don't ask me the physics behind that; just know it will involve Southpaw, some pine tar, and a ham sandwich from the overturned buffet table.)

Don't forget Dunn swinging over the top of the ball three times, the third time almost but not quite creating enough wind to knock the ball off the tee.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-07-2011, 11:22 PM

Wait, wouldn't an overturned buffet table mean that someone in the clubhouse actually gives a damn? Unheard of. Stop your silly talk.

Frater Perdurabo
I do not, but I get tired of someone pissing down my back and Rongey telling me it is raining!:angry:

I told you not to sit next to the statue!

Frankfan4life
I can't believe I watched the whole game. That was pitiful!

VMSNS
Ozzie on the radio right now saying the Twins "play the game the right way".

Frater Perdurabo
07-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Wait, wouldn't an overturned buffet table mean that someone in the clubhouse actually gives a damn? Unheard of. Stop your silly talk.

No, it just means they accidentally knocked it over whilst trying to hide the blow-up dolls.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-07-2011, 11:24 PM

No smilie can express the pure, unbridled rage that your post has instilled in me.

Frater Perdurabo

He's just asking - begging - to be fired.

Soxfest
I told you not to sit next to the statue!
That you did!:lol:

SoxSpeed22

:puking:http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/551244-bigthumbnail.jpg
This season may not be a loss as long as it results in him getting his ass out of here. KW and Greg Walker can go with him.

TomBradley72
07-07-2011, 11:25 PM

Then KW will trade two prospects for an older version of the tee- locked into a 3 year, $12M/yr contract.

JB98

They're 5-0 against the Sox. 13 games below .500 against the rest of baseball.

I guess they only play "the right way" against the Sox.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
No, it just means they accidentally knocked it over whilst trying to hide the blow-up dolls.

No wonder why Bartolo Colon was at the clubhouse door, telling the attendant to let him in because he "left his hat there".

Frater Perdurabo
07-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Then KW will trade two prospects for an older version of the tee- locked into a 3 year, $12M/yr contract.

Kenny always gets his man.

Soxfest

:puking: Guillen has used this stale quote 20 times already let him go manage Florida tonight and take Walker with you!

ChiSoxGal85

I was listening to the Score, and only because I wanted to see if Ozzie would actually have a tirade or at least be frustrated. Nah. He really acts like he doesn't give a ****. He's ok with the team's attitude; "I hope they come back tomorrow the same way". Uh, yeah. That's great.

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm ready for him to go.

Frater Perdurabo
07-07-2011, 11:29 PM

No, the tee will be an impending free agent when KW acquires it. But he'll promptly sign it to a three-year extension. He'll even call a press conference. The tee will hire Sammy Sosa's interpreter as a spokesman.

tstrike2000
07-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Since Ozzie will never be let go, I wonder if he'll just keep hitting Dunn in the third or fourth spot until he reaches an .098 batting average. He's down to .163, so he's well on his way.

Frater Perdurabo
07-07-2011, 11:30 PM

Coop'll fix the tee.

DickAllen72
07-07-2011, 11:31 PM

Hey Ozzie, why doesn't your team play the game the right way? Because you're an incompetent manager, that's why.

kittle42
07-07-2011, 11:32 PM
This is the postgame thread that defines this season for us fans. Not really rage and vitriol, but more reasoned and humorous cathartic posting.

If they don't care, why should we?

Tragg
07-07-2011, 11:33 PM
This is the postgame thread that defines this season for us fans. Not really rage and vitriol, but more reasoned and humorous cathartic posting.

Yep
I'm laughing throughout this thread. Feels, good, sadly.

JB98
07-07-2011, 11:34 PM

I was just scanning the gamethread, and I noticed a lot of people turned the game off before it was even half over.

People are not going to waste their time on this series, nor should they.

Guillen does not have his team ready to play (as usual), and the Sox will lose.

BigHurt3515
07-07-2011, 11:35 PM

I wish we knew what the "right way" was.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-07-2011, 11:38 PM

It's the opposite of everything we're doing now.

Domeshot17
07-07-2011, 11:41 PM

Just remember, the voice is the pre req for the job. Knowing baseball is a distant second. That said you can understand sometimes. The people who sign his paycheck are partners with the sox. You better believe he won't cross that company line.

johnnyg83
07-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Paulie getting to the ASG is out postseason this year! Yes! If only we could vote ourselves into the playoffs.

BigHurt3515
07-07-2011, 11:42 PM
It's the opposite of everything we're doing now.

The 85% of the players we have now don't know what the "right way" is. I would rather watch a bunch of prospects play. So trade trade trade

PalehosePlanet
07-07-2011, 11:43 PM
We need an anti-player manager to light a fire under this team's ass.

I can't believe it's gotten to the point that I would even welcome a tyrant ******* like Bobby Valentine, but unfortunately that's the type of guy we need.

Three in a row and four out of five, and I think it's going to get a lot worse. Because when we slump, we SLUMP. I'm smelling a 13 of 15 kind of doozy.

Meanwhile JR will keep feeding us the **** sandwich that is Ozzie Guillen.

Crestani
07-07-2011, 11:44 PM
:angry::stars::gah::wooty::raincloud::nuts: Enough said...!!!

chisoxfanatic
07-07-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm gonna probably go out tomorrow night to watch a friend's boyfriend's band...It would probably be better than watching tomorrow's game.

Zakath
07-07-2011, 11:45 PM

There's a list.

1. Not have only six hits, all of them coming from 7-8-9-1 in your lineup.
2. Not have a guy hitting more than 100 points below his weight in the lineup, especially hitting clean-up.
3. Not give up 3 hits to a guy named Nishioka.
4. Not have your 2-6 guys go 0-for-19.

Ad infinitum.

Lip Man 1
07-07-2011, 11:47 PM
JB:

Actually this is the 5th straight game the Sox have fallin' behind 3-0 if my memory is correct.

Seriously gang, did we really expect anything different. Like Hitmen posts now 1-10 against Detroit and Minnesota this year, 43rd time in 86 games they've scored three runs or less.

As a fan who cares, you would hope that if they roll over and die the rest of this weekend that something will happen during the break but who knows...this nonsense has gone on since June of 2006, why would we expect it to change next week? Maybe they are waiting for the off season.

It's very hard to play the game at the major league level but it seems that if there's any way to make it even tougher, the Sox will find a way to do it.

13 runs scored in the last six games...and five of those came in one game. Wow...

Lip

HaroMaster87
07-07-2011, 11:51 PM
After listening to the Ozzie post game interview I am pissed at the media...what is the deal with the softball questions they lob at him??? Why is no one getting on him and actually asking some real questions???

Those guys should be embarrassed with their bull**** questions they ask...gimme a break. Do your job!

Nelfox02
I'm gonna probably go out tomorrow night to watch a friend's boyfriend's band...It would probably be better than watching tomorrow's game.

Good plan

there is no ****ing way I am wasting my Friday night on this team, especially if the weather is what it was tonight.

at the end of the day baseball should be entertaining.....even games you lose should have parts that are exciting/entertaining.

is there anything entertaining at all (from a sox fan point of view) when watching a sox vs twins game?

PalehosePlanet

Why not? It can't be any worse -- even if it's a Hanson cover band. At this point watching Paula Poundstone, or Carrotop do stand up would be better than watching The Sox.

slavko
Yep
I'm laughing throughout this thread. Feels, good, sadly.

Me too. You guys are on a righteous roll. If the batting tee was made in China, would KW need a Chinese interpreter to sign it? Ranger, I wonder how Dave Wills would be handling the postgame.

Be happy. Rios is a tall, good-looking athlete. Dunn looked to be in balance tonight. His work with Walker has paid dividends alerady. The ivy is beautiful and in no way interferes with the game. Santiagwho has a nice assortment of pitches. Vizquel prefers hot cocoa postgame, served by a nurse. I'm upset to have missed most of the game doing yardwork. I hear it was a nail-biter. The yard looks better, though.

chisoxfanatic
07-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Good plan

there is no ****ing way I am wasting my Friday night on this team, especially if the weather is what it was tonight.

at the end of the day baseball should be entertaining.....even games you lose should have parts that are exciting/entertaining.

is there anything entertaining at all (from a sox fan point of view) when watching a sox vs twins game?
What can be more fun than seeing/hearing Ozzie tip his cap to everything Twins?

Mohoney
07-08-2011, 12:00 AM
What can be more fun than seeing/hearing Ozzie tip his cap to everything Twins?

Seeing/hearing him get fired.

soltrain21
07-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Why do you guys want Ozzie fired?! Our next manager might never beat the Twins.

Oh, wait.

tstrike2000
07-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Me too. You guys are on a righteous roll. If the batting tee was made in China, would KW need a Chinese interpreter to sign it? Ranger, I wonder how Dave Wills would be handling the postgame.

Be happy. Rios is a tall, good-looking athlete. Dunn looked to be in balance tonight. His work with Walker has paid dividends alerady. The ivy is beautiful and in no way interferes with the game. Santiagwho has a nice assortment of pitches. Vizquel prefers hot cocoa postgame, served by a nurse. I'm upset to have missed most of the game doing yardwork. I hear it was a nail-biter. The yard looks better, though.

If you're gonna hit .214, then damn it, may as well look good in the uniform. And yes, Dunn was definitely in balance. He was coherent enough to remember which hole in the bat rack to place his bat after each of his three strikeouts.

SBSoxFan
07-08-2011, 12:10 AM
The good - nice job by Hector Santiago.

The bad - Everything else.

Wow, I am SO not looking forward to the next 3 days of ****ty games like this. I didn't watch past the 3rd inning and I'm still nauseous. The only way I see something changing in the next 3 games is if someone like Ozzie, or a player, has a ****ing temper tantrum and lights a fire under their asses.

***, Cleveland had a walk-off grand slam?? Are you paying attention, White Sox? Good teams find ways to win. Or are you really not a good team?

Someone in the game thread mentioned the premiere of Torchwood:Miracle Day tomorrow....Now THAT I'm looking forward to. I only wish it was on about 2 hours earlier so that I'd have absolutely no reason to even think about watching tomorrow's game.

That was me. :D: The irony is that I don't get Starz, but I do get The U. So, I can't watch Torchwood, but I can watch the Sox. :rolleyes:

guillensdisciple
07-08-2011, 12:18 AM
1-3 in 19 game stretch against division. At the worst in order to float at .500 The Sox have to go 9-6 in order to pull something drastic they should go 12-3.

None of those are happening, no changes will be made. The Twins will surpass us in the standings and we will sit comfortably in fourth the remainder of the season. This is by far the least enjoyable team I have ever had the pleasure of watching. THere is nothing we can do.

Soxman219
07-08-2011, 12:26 AM
To take thomas35forever's quote and change it a little bit,

"The Twins don't always win, but when they do, they perfer to beat the White Sox."

Stay winless against the Twins, my friends.

ChiSoxGal85
07-08-2011, 12:30 AM
That was me. :D: The irony is that I don't get Starz, but I do get The U. So, I can't watch Torchwood, but I can watch the Sox. :rolleyes:

Oh. I'm sorry. :tongue:

Maybe tomorrow will be actually be "White Sox: Miracle Day" - the day when the Southsiders suddenly and inexplicably beat the Twins. Adam Dunn hits not one but two 3-run bombs; Juan Pierre steals 2nd, 3rd and then home; Alex Rios pulls a Joe Mauer home run back over the fence and goes 3 for 4, and AJ throws out 3 consecutive baserunners. Of course, those are all indications that something is obviously wrong in the universe, so Captain Jack is sent to figure out why.

SBSoxFan
07-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Oh. I'm sorry. :tongue:

Maybe tomorrow will be actually be "White Sox: Miracle Day" - the day when the Southsiders suddenly and inexplicably beat the Twins. Adam Dunn hits not one but two 3-run bombs; Juan Pierre steals 2nd, 3rd and then home; Alex Rios pulls a Joe Mauer home run back over the fence and goes 3 for 4, and AJ throws out 3 consecutive baserunners. Of course, those are all indications that something is obviously wrong in the universe, so Captain Jack is sent to figure out why.

:roflmao:

My feelings as a Sox fan right now must be in line with the CIA agent who got a poll through his chest. Put us out of our misery already!

jdm2662
07-08-2011, 12:37 AM
I went to the game tonight. Didn't want to, but promised family visiting from Minnesota I take them to the game. Glad my cousin's seven-year-old had a good time.

I usually don't do meat head rants, at least not in the past quite a few years. I've learned to just shrug it off and move on. I'm also not in the fire everyone crowd as some people are when things aren't going so great. I'm pretty level headed and moderate when it comes to anything in life. However, this team pushed me over the edge tonight. I hope the park enjoyed my presence because this is last time I will be appearing this season. Seriously, if I'm getting that aggravated, it's simply not worth my time.

In short, the entire team can go **** themselves. It's good to see you are still the cowards that you are. Hey, keep bowing down to the almighty Twins. If you can't beat this year's version, you really should find another profession. However, I will be gladly make a special appearance at the ball park to empty out Kenny Williams' and Ozzie Gullien's office.

On another note, kudos to the kid tonight what ever his name is. Awesome pitching performance. Another positive? I guess I watched the entire game and not hearing Hawk suck the Twin's jock strap.

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2011, 01:02 AM
I just wish we never had to face the Twins...Maybe move them to the AL West and move Texas to the AL Central so we would at least play them less times. We seem to do a lot better against Texas anyhow.

DrCrawdad
07-08-2011, 01:08 AM

The Sox will win 1 game, I hope well actually I had hoped the Sox would win 3 of 4 but that seems unlikely now.

No kidding. These are worse than hearing those Santo ads on WGN a few years back with Santo bellowing, "THIS IS THE YEAR!"

I really don't know how they can continue with him on the roster. For his own good, they have to do something with Dunn at the break. I'll be real surprised if Viciedo isn't in Detroit next Friday night.

Is the Futures Game in Detroit then?

And Hawk seems to be the ringleader of the Twins ass kissing during the telecasts. I wouldn't be surprised if him and Gardenhose shared a spaghetti noodle during the pre-game dinner.

It's funny you say this 'cos just the other day a Cubbie fan told me that Hawk always bashes the Cubbies and NEVER gives any credit to the opposition when the Sox lose.

canOcorn
07-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Ozzie has lost this team and we're a ****ty ****ing team. Biggest ****ing 19 game stretch of the year and we role over and die like ****ing dogs. Shame of this ****ing team.

Ozzie lost this team on 7/26/04. They won despite this fool calling shots in 2005. Several members of the team, including MB and PK thought it was disgusting that he ordered the pitching staff to not retaliate for Hunter's cheap shot on Burke. It still rubs MB to this day. Ask him....

JermaineDye05
07-08-2011, 01:27 AM
And still, not a damn thing will change.

TheOldRoman
07-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Ozzie lost this team on 7/26/04. They won despite this fool calling shots in 2005. Several members of the team, including MB and PK thought it was disgusting that he ordered the pitching staff to not retaliate for Hunter's cheap shot on Burke. It still rubs MB to this day. Ask him....Every time you pitch this garbage about the Sox winning in spite of Ozzie in 2005 you embarrass yourself more and more. No. Just no.

Hitmen77
07-08-2011, 01:28 AM

:rolleyes:
Hearing this crap from Ozzie sure doesn't inspire me to plunk down any more money on this team this year. ALL IN!

After listening to the Ozzie post game interview I am pissed at the media...what is the deal with the softball questions they lob at him??? Why is no one getting on him and actually asking some real questions???

Those guys should be embarrassed with their bull**** questions they ask...gimme a break. Do your job!

The media loves Ozzie. He's great for them. He good to them and provides them with a good supply of sound bites and controversies.

Do you think they'd rather have a dull, bland Sox manager who actually gets results? Ha!

Nellie_Fox
07-08-2011, 01:33 AM
I really don't know how they can continue with him on the roster. For his own good, they have to do something with Dunn at the break. I'll be real surprised if Viciedo isn't in Detroit next Friday night.Like what? What should they do with him? Yes, he shouldn't be batting in the 3 or 4 spot. He shouldn't play at all against lefthanders until he shows some consistent sign of life. But you simply can't release a guy with his contract, and that's what I infer by your first statement. He's going to be on the roster.

Soxman219
07-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Did anyone else see Gardy smiling after the Twins scored that 3rd run in the 2nd and Ozzie was just looking down like a kid who spilled his juice right before his mom comes in? Once I saw that I knew the Sox weren't going to win this game. The game was over at 7:10 PM.

thomas35forever
07-08-2011, 01:47 AM
I had a bad feeling going to this game tonight and my worst fears were confirmed at the ballpark. When you go to the Cell and the highlights of your evening are having your picture taken with Southpaw and walking the upper deck concourse pregame, you know it's pretty bad. We are just not good, period. I'll have to choose my next game carefully so I can see a win this year.

Crooked Number
07-08-2011, 01:52 AM
-Had a fun tailgate in lot F
-got to sample a nacho helmet
-got to wear the Melton '72 home authentic
-got to enjoy hearing PK make the all star team from Mr. Honda
-got to enjoy the nice breezy weather in section 106.
-got to hang out with the family

Also...

-got to enjoy fatty armed Mauer jersey t shirt girl stand up after the 5th run and taunt our fans in my section, in our home park.
-got to enjoy seeing Paulie make an error he would never make against any other team, actually the first error I can remember all year
-got to enjoy blinking in the first being down one nothing before we could sit down
-got to enjoy watching the Sox play down to it's competition once again, making these jokers look like a first place team
-got to enjoy seeing a completely wasted, cross-eyed cubs jersey wearing douchebag, just douching up the entire section 107. Seriously bro? What an attention whore, ****ing clown. Go do that **** in your beergarden, its eight miles north you piece of ****.

All in all a wonderful day at the 'ole ballpark.

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2011, 02:15 AM
I had a bad feeling going to this game tonight and my worst fears were confirmed at the ballpark. When you go to the Cell and the highlights of your evening are having your picture taken with Southpaw and walking the upper deck concourse pregame, you know it's pretty bad. We are just not good, period. I'll have to choose my next game carefully so I can see a win this year.
Rule of thumb: If you want to see a win, it's best to not go to a game against Minnesota.

thomas35forever
07-08-2011, 02:18 AM
Just reading the game thread and postgame thread, I'm glad I was able to avoid both tonight until now. As if I didn't need my blood pressure rising enough, especially with all the Twins fans at our park. They knew their team was going to win and so did everyone else.

I totally wasn't planning on drinking at all tonight, but by the third inning, I realized I needed to get through this somehow, so I ordered a beer from a vendor for the first time ever at the ballpark.

I am honestly running out of things to say about this team.

Rule of thumb: If you want to see a win, it's best to not go to a game against Minnesota.
If it were up to me, I would have gone Tuesday instead, but I guess it wouldn't have mattered.

BainesHOF
07-08-2011, 02:49 AM
A team is a reflection of its manager.

There is no justification whatsover to be batting Dunn so high in the order at this time.

The team is going through the motions. Even a proud veteran like Vizquel looks like he doesn't care too much anymore.

To borrow a Bob Brenly phrase, we're a "dead ass team." Given that we're a sleepy, slow and poor fielding club, how can you not give Brent Lillibridge more playing time? The Twins beat us with a lineup full of Lillibridges.

I'm dumbfounded that there hasn't been a single change made of any consequence this season.

A couple positives...

Santiago looks like a quality pitcher.

This has nothing to do with the games, but I'd like to pass along that Brent Morel and Brent Lillibridge went out of their way to autograph a ball for my 8-year-old nephew on their way into the park. They didn't just stop on their way in. They actually had to make a special effort to walk over to him. No one was really watching them so it wasn't like they were trying to make themselves look good. They were simply nice enough to respond kindly to a kid who called out to them.

Foulke You
07-08-2011, 02:57 AM
When it was announced that the Indians hit a walk-off grand slam to come all the way back from 4-0 in the 9th...I had that awful sinking feeling that a baseball season is starting to slip away from our Sox. 2008 taught me to never give up on a season until you are eliminated but the way this team's offense is performing, it is hard to imagine a scenario where they will find their way into October baseball. 3 runs or less in 50% of your games thru July 7th is enough of a sample size to think that it will continue the rest of the way without changes. Three more games against these jokers. If it doesn't go well, you have to assume KW's patience is going to run out and a move or two is going to be made.

By the way, I'm not making excuses but you have to love some of that Twins pixy dust that only works against the Sox. Mauer never plays a game at 1B in his life and looks like he has always played there against us. He'll make all of his errors there in the next series. Mark my words.

Mohoney
07-08-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm shaking it all off and going ahead and dismissing the rest of the season before this.

This pitching staff is as good as anything that anybody else in the majors can run out there.

If this team refuses to hit against bad pitchers, then there is nothing that can be done. I don't think this team was assembled wrong.

PeteWard
07-08-2011, 03:42 AM
When it was announced that the Indians hit a walk-off grand slam to come all the way back from 4-0 in the 9th...I had that awful sinking feeling that a baseball season is starting to slip away from our Sox. 2008 taught me to never give up on a season until you are eliminated but the way this team's offense is performing, it is hard to imagine a scenario where they will find their way into October baseball. 3 runs or less in 50% of your games thru July 7th is enough of a sample size to think that it will continue the rest of the way without changes. Three more games against these jokers. If it doesn't go well, you have to assume KW's patience is going to run out and a move or two is going to be made.

By the way, I'm not making excuses but you have to love some of that Twins pixy dust that only works against the Sox. Mauer never plays a game at 1B in his life and looks like he has always played there against us. He'll make all of his errors there in the next series. Mark my words.

When he snagged that shot by Omar to double up Pierre, that is exactly what I thought. It is sooooo nauseating. I had a feeling that was game there as well.

kobo
07-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Rongey can go kick rocks while pounding sand.

It's not that I even want him to go ballistic on the team, but seriously, the way he takes the stance that Ozzie/Walker are misunderstood and underappreciated and dismisses anyone else who says otherwise with "you're wrong" pisses me off almost as much as the Sox themselves do.
Stop listening to the postgame show if what Rongey says angers you. Pretty simple.

I was at the game tonight, first game I've been able to attend since the home opener. I will not be going again this season unless the team somehow turns this **** around. Pathetic effort yet again, and until the Sox can start beating the teams in their own division there is no reason to continue putting effort into watching this team.

LITTLE NELL
07-08-2011, 06:13 AM
As owner and the guy that is paying the bills JR needs to go down to that clubhouse before tonights game and read these guys the riot act. KW and OG aren't going to do it because they think its a good team.
Even when we win we look like ****, this team has not come close all year to be considered pennant contenders. This is the most overpaid gutless bunch of losers in Sox history.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-08-2011, 07:50 AM
I had the game on for the 1st 2 innings. That was enough.

I was reading the game thread via ForumRunner on my phone...told me everything I needed to know.

I appreciate this website more and more if, for no other reason, that I am not alone in this ****storm of a season.

We have some international guests coming in today to see us for 2 weeks; since we are scheduled to do things with them all weekend, I won't have time (THANKFULLY) to watch this series. I'm hoping, after the ASB, there's some life to this team, or change, or something....

It's sad to see your season completely gone by game 92. :angry:

russ99
07-08-2011, 08:31 AM
:rolleyes:
Do you think they'd rather have a dull, bland Sox manager who actually gets results? Ha!

Except that every dull bland manager we've had in the last 30 years has not gotten results. Those don't go hand in hand, as some would suspect.

Can't blame Ozzie here, look at recent games. No matter where Dunn, Rios and Lillibridge hit, it's a black hole in the lineup and a tons of runners left on. When you end up with no results from 2-3 spots in the lineup every night, it's hard to win.

The thing that surprised me yesterday was the uncharacteristic poor game from Paulie at bat and in the field.

Put me on the Viciedo bandwagon, demote Lillibridge, and cut Dunn and Rios' playing time in half to get Dayan at-bats until these guys wake up and realize that their paycheck doesn't guarantee them playing poorly everyday. The only issue with that is who plays CF then when Rios is being benched.

October26
07-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Did anyone else see Gardy smiling after the Twins scored that 3rd run in the 2nd and Ozzie was just looking down like a kid who spilled his juice right before his mom comes in? Once I saw that I knew the Sox weren't going to win this game. The game was over at 7:10 PM.

Yep, sure did. When I saw the smirk on Gardenhire's face, I knew it was going to be a long night/weekend series. Gardenhire and the Twins have been laughing at the Sox for the last decade. I keep hoping that today will be the day when the Sox start scoring runs but after every loss, the frustration continues and nothing changes. As I said in the gamethread, this is disgusting.

On a positive note, I, too, am grateful for WSI - a wonderful place for White Sox fans. Thanks for giving me a place to rant & vent!

DrCrawdad
07-08-2011, 09:00 AM
-Had a fun tailgate in lot F
-got to sample a nacho helmet
-got to wear the Melton '72 home authentic
-got to enjoy hearing PK make the all star team from Mr. Honda
-got to enjoy the nice breezy weather in section 106.
-got to hang out with the family

Also...

-got to enjoy fatty armed Mauer jersey t shirt girl stand up after the 5th run and taunt our fans in my section, in our home park.
-got to enjoy seeing Paulie make an error he would never make against any other team, actually the first error I can remember all year
-got to enjoy blinking in the first being down one nothing before we could sit down
-got to enjoy watching the Sox play down to it's competition once again, making these jokers look like a first place team
-got to enjoy seeing a completely wasted, cross-eyed cubs jersey wearing douchebag, just douching up the entire section 107. Seriously bro? What an attention whore, ****ing clown. Go do that **** in your beergarden, its eight miles north you piece of ****.

All in all a wonderful day at the 'ole ballpark.

I too was at the game with my family last night. My girls love it when Hawk says, "Don't stop now boys." So they made posters with that phrase of his and held it up once.

We were a bit late getting to the park and it was one and growing when we got to our seats in section 127. It had the air of Sox loss to the Twins by then.

What was the Cubbie Clown doing? It seems that virtually every game I go to there are folks in their Cubbie gear prancing thru USCF, often egging on Sox fans. Then I love when I hear about Sox fans "chip on their shoulders..." and "inferiority complexes..."

24thStFan
07-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Ozzie lost this team on 7/26/04. They won despite this fool calling shots in 2005. Several members of the team, including MB and PK thought it was disgusting that he ordered the pitching staff to not retaliate for Hunter's cheap shot on Burke. It still rubs MB to this day. Ask him....

I've thought this too!

JC456
07-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Yep, sure did. When I saw the smirk on Gardenhire's face, I knew it was going to be a long night/weekend series. Gardenhire and the Twins have been laughing at the Sox for the last decade. I keep hoping that today will be the day when the Sox start scoring runs but after every loss, the frustration continues and nothing changes. As I said in the gamethread, this is disgusting.

On a positive note, I, too, am grateful for WSI - a wonderful place for White Sox fans. Thanks for giving me a place to rant & vent!
The White Sox are the Twins bitches! That's why the smile!

Chez
07-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm going to the games tonight and tomorrow afternoon. The Sox are 8-2 in games I've attended this year. So relax. I'll handle it. Someone else will need to pick up the slack on Sunday.

Sad
07-08-2011, 10:57 AM
The White Sox are the Twins bitches! That's why the smile!

that's a No-****ter :angry:

Lame-ass offense, pathetic... I'm getting tired of this
it's like a re-run from years past

jdm2662
07-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm going to the games tonight and tomorrow afternoon. The Sox are 8-2 in games I've attended this year. So relax. I'll handle it. Someone else will need to pick up the slack on Sunday.

Have fun. I was 8-1 in my last nine games prior to last night.

slavko
07-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Put me on the Viciedo bandwagon, demote Lillibridge, and cut Dunn and Rios' playing time in half to get Dayan at-bats until these guys wake up and realize that their paycheck doesn't guarantee them playing poorly everyday. The only issue with that is who plays CF then when Rios is being benched.

I've opined the same in another thread and given the answer. Juan Pierre. Worse than than Macko, Erstad, or Swish? Since when is outfield defense of any importance around here anyhoo? It's gonna happen.

Mike Cameron hit under .200 for a season and kept his CF job under Manuel. But Mike Cameron could FIELD.

Harry Chappas
07-08-2011, 11:43 AM
I know he posts here occasionally so it would be nice for Rongey to show up and try to defend himself. He's great at shutting down drunk mouth-breathers that call into his show, but I wonder how he'd fare against some rational (mostly), educated, fans. My guess is that he'd get his arse handed to him in short order. As for him being a "company man" I seem to recall Brenly telling it like it is and he still has a job.

This team is indefensible, top to bottom. I've defended Ozzie in the past, but at this point, I think we need a change even if it's just for the sake of change. This team and organization is broken and needs new leadership.

doublem23
07-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I know he posts here occasionally so it would be nice for Rongey to show up and try to defend himself. He's great at shutting down drunk mouth-breathers that call into his show, but I wonder how he'd fare against some rational (mostly), educated, fans. My guess is that he'd get his arse handed to him in short order. As for him being a "company man" I seem to recall Brenly telling it like it is and he still has a job.

This team is indefensible, top to bottom. I've defended Ozzie in the past, but at this point, I think we need a change even if it's just for the sake of change. This team and organization is broken and needs new leadership.

Rongey posts here pretty routinely (given his status) and he maintains his positions despite the onslaught from people trying to take a run at the guy. I'll credit him for that.

hi im skot
07-08-2011, 11:54 AM

Your obsession with Chris Rongey is fascinating, to say the least.

NLaloosh
07-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Let's see....last night Cleveland is down 4-0 bottom of the ninth and they score 5 to win. The cubs are down 8-0 after 5 innings and they come back to win 10-9. They are 6 for 11 with RISP. The Twins are 6 for 14 with RISP to beat their biggest rivals for the 29th time in the last 36 games.

Yes, there are baseball teams with balls. We're just accustomed to watching the Sox.

Tragg
07-08-2011, 11:59 AM
While we're add it, why not promote DeAza for the team slapper/runner. Can't be worse than what we have going on up here.

tstrike2000
07-08-2011, 12:06 PM
While we're add it, why not promote DeAza for the team slapper/runner. Can't be worse than what we have going on up here.

Is Timo Perez still available? If nothing else, it would bring back the Jedi pictures people made of him some years back.

Lip Man 1
07-08-2011, 12:18 PM
This pretty well sums it up doesn't it:

“Beat Minnesota? We keep playing the way we’re playing, I doubt it.’’ -- Ozzie Guillen.

Give him points I guess for honesty.

Lip

thomas35forever
07-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Let's see....last night Cleveland is down 4-0 bottom of the ninth and they score 5 to win. The cubs are down 8-0 after 5 innings and they come back to win 10-9. They are 6 for 11 with RISP. The Twins are 6 for 14 with RISP to beat their biggest rivals for the 29th time in the last 36 games.

Yes, there are baseball teams with balls. We're just accustomed to watching the Sox.
What the Cubs do has no effect on our place in the standings.

Iron Dragon2
07-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Took the family to our first, and probably only, Sox game of the year last night. Enjoyed Aurelio's before the game, picked up a sweet authentic 1917 away jersey from Grandstand, got to see my 2-year-old daughter's little fist in the air and her face light up with the Teahen home run, and found out about Mr. Santiago. Too bad the rest totally sucked ass. As soon as the Twins leadoff hitter had 2 strikes, and his line drive tipped off Vizquel's glove, I thought 'Oh no, here we go again - stupid Twins.' And the rest is suck-filled history. After seeing this team in person, I don't know if I've ever seen a team with less heart or passion. Walker and Ozzie need to go.

captain54
07-08-2011, 02:15 PM
. After seeing this team in person, I don't know if I've ever seen a team with less heart or passion. Walker and Ozzie need to go.

I was there too and I would have to agree. The team appears completely lifeless. The only life in the crowd came from the Teahan home run, the cheering Twins fans, and the "Wave" that went on for about 15-20 minutes.

What really struck me was the long, loping swings from the Sox hitters, as opposed to the short, quick, contact swings from the Twins hitters.
It seemed like the Twins hitters perfectly adjusted to the Sox defense and Humber from the first inning. The Sox, on the other hand, took the same loping, long swing no matter what was thrown at them and how the Twins defense was set up.

The other notable moment was when someone in the crowd behind us, started doing the "LollyGagger" routine from "Bull Durham" ... aiming it at the White Sox... the crowd all around was laughing, but it was kind of pathetic to see how in some ways this team has become a laughingstock.

Oh, and not all that much fun to see your team get their ass kicked on your b-day.

Harry Chappas
07-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Rongey posts here pretty routinely (given his status) and he maintains his positions despite the onslaught from people trying to take a run at the guy. I'll credit him for that.

But what are his "positions"? Anyone could sit there and say "Walk isn't to blame. He isn't the one batting." Or, "It isn't Ozzie's fault they can't bunt or hit with RISP." It's an easy argument and absolves the coaches of any blame. But, IMO, that isn't a position. That's a free pass and ignores the results or lack thereof. I'd be easier on him if he would occasionally consider the possibility that this coaching staff is at least partly to blame. Oh, and if he weren't such an arrogant SOB with well-intentioned, but admittedly annoying, fans. Being courteous doesn't cost anything and there's a way to defend your position without being a jerk.

doublem23
07-08-2011, 02:51 PM
But what are his "positions"? Anyone could sit there and say "Walk isn't to blame. He isn't the one batting." Or, "It isn't Ozzie's fault they can't bunt or hit with RISP." It's an easy argument and absolves the coaches of any blame. But, IMO, that isn't a position. That's a free pass and ignores the results or lack thereof. I'd be easier on him if he would occasionally consider the possibility that this coaching staff is at least partly to blame. Oh, and if he weren't such an arrogant SOB with well-intentioned, but admittedly annoying, fans. Being courteous doesn't cost anything and there's a way to defend your position without being a jerk.

You know, it's possible that people just disagree with you. Maybe he really does think Walker and Ozzie are doing an OK job and it's on the players to start performing?

I'm not going to get into all the conspiracy theories around who pays him and if that affects what he says on the air. Really, if he bugs you that much, why even listen? Perhaps the Sox wouldn't have a percieved yes-man working the phone lines on The Score if people just tuned out.

guillensdisciple
07-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I really want this team to win but here's the deal- if we continue to hover and finish the season at .500 or some level above it this franchise will certainly do what is has one for a while now and say that we are almost there and no changes will be made. This season almost has to be a disaster for anything to happen, otherwise we will be dragged through this crap tacular fest for a long time. Regime won't change and it will be a continuous process.

Look, they say rebuilding takes time and we'll have to suffer for a while until we can field any kind of competitive baseball team, but building one is the whole idea here. The White Sox, as currently constructed, have no room to build on or improve ANYWHERE. I understand that certain contracts are basically on our hands and our farm system is **** out of luck, but that's not the point. It will be a gradual process, but it has to begin at the top. There is something off with the philosophy of this franchise. The thought of pride, toughness is often waved around as a badge of pride but when it comes down to it this is not the case. It would be a lot better if the slogans for this team actually read happy people, gutless etc instead of giving us this image of glory that is non existent and only an idiot would understand.

You change the structure at the top, create a philosophy of winning running through the organization, and then start ripping away at the ridiculous salaries you have left that are rather worthless. Yes, it would mean admitting defeat and failure, but at some point you have to cut your losses. Just like in business, you don't keep on going with a bad investment just because you invested in it. At some point you cut your losses and invest in something new if you choose to do so. This franchise is way over due for something along those lines.

I know me writing this is actually useless, and honestly I sometimes do this because I have nothing better to do, but all of this is fact. The most hardcore optimistic White Sox fan can see where this organization is headed. If nothing is done, we will be gutted, without a farm system without players and REALLY REALLY in a hole for a long time ala the Kansas City Royals. We have stars and talent that has value. We have young players that have value. Get prospects, keep the players are young and valued, and start over again.

It's okay, really. You won't pack the seats, but you are not packing them now anyway, but the fact remains that you will not EVER alienate your fan base the way your are now with this efortless waste of talent. It's time White Sox.

Crooked Number
07-08-2011, 06:01 PM
I too was at the game with my family last night. My girls love it when Hawk says, "Don't stop now boys." So they made posters with that phrase of his and held it up once.

What was the Cubbie Clown doing? It seems that virtually every game I go to there are folks in their Cubbie gear prancing thru USCF, often egging on Sox fans. Then I love when I hear about Sox fans "chip on their shoulders..." and "inferiority complexes..."

Heh, funny you mentioned the Don't stop now boys quip, because I had a custom t shirt made for my brother's birthday with DSNB on the front in huge letters. He was getting some accolades in the parking lot for those who could decipher it :D:

The cubby douche was first of all, so ****faced that he was literally cross-eyed. He was about 20 feet away in the next section over, being ridiculously loud and obnoxious. Of course, no one was doing anything about it because by this time the three rows behind them were emptied. He was spouting some nonsensical garbage really loud, and had his jersey unbuttoned so his awful wife beater was showing. He would stand up in the middle of innings, yell something, then look around with hopes that someone would say something. You know the type, the attention whoring guy with "drunk muscles". "LOOK HOW LOUD I CAN BE!!! LOOK AT WHAT I CAN DO. WANT TO DO SOMETHING 'BOUT IT!!!???" I was really close to texting that rise above number. But I was too pissed about the action on the field to bother. :rolleyes:

BainesHOF
07-08-2011, 06:50 PM
I rarely listen to the radio postgame show anymore. It's worse than the team. The host will learn eventually that apologists don't last in Chicago. I don't think anyone with half a brain expects the host to rip the team, but ridiculously defending the nonsense that's happening with the team on a daily basis makes the show a waste of time except if you're in the mood to enjoy bad radio.

A. Cavatica
07-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Like what? What should they do with him? Yes, he shouldn't be batting in the 3 or 4 spot. He shouldn't play at all against lefthanders until he shows some consistent sign of life. But you simply can't release a guy with his contract, and that's what I infer by your first statement. He's going to be on the roster.

Get a private detective to tail him, and find a violation of the morals clause that's sure to be in his contract. Or start an "accidental" electrical fire in his shoes.

Honestly, I'm starting to hate Dunn more than Jaime Navarro.