PDA

View Full Version : Rowand's grit

delben91
08-07-2001, 09:08 AM
From the tribune:

Rowand fights wall (http://www.chicagosports.com/content/story/0,1984,158503,00.html)

"I just didn't want to let the ball fall out there where I was playing with Danny throwing a no-hitter."

Maybe it's just me, but I really like Rowand's team first attitude. Seems like he could be a Manos in the making, at least, personality wise. And he's hitting too. Can't argue with that.

Bmr31
08-07-2001, 09:21 AM
from what ive seen so far, i love this guy!

voodoochile
08-07-2001, 10:15 AM
You know, I heard about him hitting the wall, but I didn't realize he caught the ball also. I was in a meeting during most of the game. This kid has heuvos as big as cantleopes... 3 great catches in 4 games and a couple of dingers to boot... Sorry Chris, what part did you not understand, was it the buy? Or was it the BYEIIIIII!!!

harwar
08-07-2001, 11:18 AM
Rowand reminds me of Tom Waddle of the Bears a few years back.He made tremendous catches across the middle with no thought about his own saftey.Of course he didn't last long.Man i just loved that guy and i still miss him.Lets hope ol Aaron Rowand will wise up a bit without losing any of the fire.

rmusacch
08-07-2001, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by harwar
Rowand reminds me of Tom Waddle of the Bears a few years back.He made tremendous catches across the middle with no thought about his own saftey.Of course he didn't last long.Man i just loved that guy and i still miss him.Lets hope ol Aaron Rowand will wise up a bit without losing any of the fire.

Yeah Waddle was one of my favorite players. He hosts some wrap-up show on Fox Sports Chicago now. I think it is called Full Access.