PDA

View Full Version : Any other Sox fans dreading this weekend?

gosox41
07-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I set the over under of 4 wins against the Twins for the season and I stand by it (I set it during the first game of the last Sox/Twins series. I think this can be a painful weekend if the season long trend of not hitting with runners in scoring position continues. After all we let a 2 journeymen pitchers beat us in the last 4 days.

So, anyone feeling good or optimistic about the White Sox over the next 4 games. I think this could be ugly. In fact, the way the team has played and the way Ozzie talks about the Twins, I think these games have already been lost. While we'll watch Dunn, Rios, and Quentin flail away (you can almost add PK to that list after today), it'll be frustrating to watch quality, consistent players plus a bunch of no namers making the minimum beat us.

The way Ozzie talks, the Sox have already lost the mental game.

Can anyone give me a reason to be an optimistic White Sox fan for the next 4 games against Minny?

It's pathetic that by the end of the series, we can easily be a first place team or a fouth place team.

As far as I'm concerned the next 4 games are what's left of our season. Sweep and I'm feeling good. Get swept or lose 3 of 4 and I see a team that has had 90+ games to show me something good and choked away a golden opportunity to build a big lead in this weak division.

Maybe I'm overreacting. But I see a lack of urgency plus extended slumps by overprice hitters + a manager who speaks so highly of the Twins you have to wonder if he's psyched by them and I don't see much good coming.

Bob

PalehosePlanet
07-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Had we swept KC like we were supposed to I'd feel pretty good about the series; especially had we scored some runs. However, the way the last two games went down, it's very hard to be optimistic. It almost doesn't even matter that it's the twinkies, I wouldn't be feeling good about any team coming in here. (We have no home field advantage, BTW, which is really sad.)

Right now I'm just hoping for a split, but fearing the worst. And if Humber, who's been our best bet so far, has a bad outing tomorrow it could get really ugly.

Nellie_Fox
07-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Fortunately, my Minnesota friends are mature enough to not give me crap.

white sox bill
07-07-2011, 06:18 AM
If we are talking about sweep here, the Twins have a much better chance of doing that than we do. A split would be rewarding for us.

I have this sinking feeling like the captain of the Titanic did when he first saw the iceberg....

Moses_Scurry
07-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I haven't really thought about it much to be honest. I expect an average to below average showing no matter who they play these days.

asindc
07-07-2011, 10:50 AM
No.

Soxman219
07-07-2011, 02:34 PM
The Sox will sweep the Twins if the Sox hitters show a little patience at the plate.

LITTLE NELL
07-07-2011, 02:41 PM
We can't beat the Royals, how are we going to beat the Twins.

asindc
07-07-2011, 02:43 PM
We can't beat the Royals, how are we going to beat the Twins.

If Boston can't beat the Sox, how are they going to be... oh wait, that's right.

hi im skot
07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Get a grip, folks.

LITTLE NELL
07-07-2011, 03:59 PM
If Boston can't beat the Sox, how are they going to be... oh wait, that's right.

That was then, this is now. May I add that our track record against Minny in the last few years hasn't been too good so I'm praying for a split.

asindc
07-07-2011, 04:02 PM
That was then, this is now. May I add that our track record against Minny in the last few years hasn't been too good.

Neither has Boston's against us, but that doesn't mean Boston can't beat NYY the next time they play them, or that the Sox can't beat Minny this weekend.

I like what hi im skot said.

gosox41
07-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Neither has Boston's against us, but that doesn't mean Boston can't beat NYY the next time they play them, or that the Sox can't beat Minny this weekend.

I like what hi im skot said.

I'm one for one. Hate to say it but I'm going to be right.

Bob

DumpJerry
07-07-2011, 11:52 PM
This is the second thread about "dreading" baseball games this week.

Good thing some of you weren't around during the Allyn years.