PDA

View Full Version : Dunn On Fans

Lip Man 1
07-04-2011, 10:29 PM
"I appreciate them, especially tonight, sticking with it. The thing about the fans, they boo and stuff because they want to see the team and me personally do so well. Thatís how Iíve been looking at it. It makes it more special when they cheer like that.Ē

Lip

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Good to know he doesn't take it personally...but he needs about 25 more games of doing what he did today to make up for lost time.

soltrain21
07-04-2011, 10:34 PM
"I appreciate them, especially tonight, sticking with it. The thing about the fans, they boo and stuff because they want to see the team and me personally do so well. Thatís how Iíve been looking at it. It makes it more special when they cheer like that.Ē

Lip

Booing is still dumb. What does booing achieve? Nothing. It never has.

doublem23
07-04-2011, 10:47 PM

At least he takes it the right way, unlike that assclown Swisher who just pouted in the dugout. Really hope this is a sign that Adam's on the upswing.

soxfanreggie
07-04-2011, 10:52 PM
I am looking forward to his second half with 25+ HRs and 50+ RBIs.

WhiteSox5187
07-04-2011, 10:54 PM
At least he takes it the right way, unlike that assclown Swisher who just pouted in the dugout. Really hope this is a sign that Adam's on the upswing.

Exactly, if you don't take it personally and even seemingly have a bit of a sense of humor about it like Dunn did tonight when he tipped his cap after that single you will do fine anywhere. I think that having a sense of humor will buy you a lot of leeway with fans.

Frontman
07-04-2011, 10:56 PM
As long as a player is giving solid effort and doesn't lash out at fans for expressing frustration; they'll do just fine in my book.

Dunn doing a hat tip is great. Goes to show he's got it in perspective.

DonnieDarko
07-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Maybe this will convince people to get off his back. I hope. :(

Zakath
07-04-2011, 11:13 PM

Let's face it: he's getting paid a lot of cash and fans are paying a lot of cash to see him hopefully help this team win. There's a definite feeling that there's either a lack of effort on his part or that his struggles right now are between his ears. We know he's going to strike out a lot, but when you're put in the 3-4-5 slots on a team like this, you've got to produce at certain times. He hasn't done that this season, and that's led to the booing. He starts to produce in some of those situations, and fans will get behind him.

tstrike2000
07-04-2011, 11:16 PM
As long as a player is giving solid effort and doesn't lash out at fans for expressing frustration; they'll do just fine in my book.

It's also great we're finally not tipping our caps to the other team.

WhiteSox56
07-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Let's hope Dunn actually IS starting to break out of his season long SLUMP. This team cannot win without more offense, and we need more than just Dunn.

LongLiveFisk
07-04-2011, 11:29 PM
To me, Adam is a very likeable guy and I love that he is handling this the right way. It would be very easy for him to have a "screw the fans" mentality because of the booing, regardless of his salary and the expectations that come with it.

Hopefully he will finally turn it around. Obviously, having his bat would help tremendously. :D:

Daver
07-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Let's hope Dunn actually IS starting to break out of his season long SLUMP. This team cannot win without more offense, and we need more than just Dunn.

This team has won two games in less than seven days without an RBI.

hawkjt
07-04-2011, 11:38 PM

Agree. I really do not think fans believe he is dogging it,just hapless.
Fans will admire the toughness to take the criticism without lashing out,and the good humor on the hat tip.

I think his attitude is as good as it could be.

WhiteSox56
07-04-2011, 11:48 PM

What's your point? Can we really win like that for the rest of the year?

voodoochile
07-04-2011, 11:49 PM

When he tipped his hat at first after the single when everyone knew the fans were cheering sarcastically I thought it was a great move. I was hoping he'd get and take a curtain call when he hit the HR and was glad to see it happen. That's the way you win hearts and minds.

Don't let em troll you out, big man. Do your thing...

TomBradley72
07-05-2011, 12:48 AM
He completely won me over tonight tipping his cap and laughing after the single. It showed a lot about his attitude and personality.

Welcome to the White Sox Adam.

captain54
07-05-2011, 12:51 AM

Mod Edit - No need to work around the language filter, just type the words and it will take care of it for you.

kittle42
07-05-2011, 12:54 AM

Oh, then I guess we have no reason to worry about the offense.

Zisk77
07-05-2011, 12:57 AM

I agree, booing should just be reserved for guys who dog it IMO.

Nellie_Fox
07-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Oh, then I guess we have no reason to worry about the offense.I think he was just making an observation about an unusual occurrence. Nothing more.

kevingrt
07-05-2011, 07:07 AM
At least he took it well yesterday. A lot of guys would be angry about the standing ovation for a single or what not. Guy has a good attitude at least. Now we need about 25 straight days of HR's and all will be well.

Steelrod
07-05-2011, 07:38 AM
He completely won me over tonight tipping his cap and laughing after the single. It showed a lot about his attitude and personality.

Proved that he's a class guy. Can't do anything about whats already happened. It's the future that matters. Go get 'em Adam.

The Immigrant
07-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I agree, booing should just be reserved for guys who dog it IMO.

So it should be open season on Rios.

SephClone89
07-05-2011, 08:48 AM
When he tipped his hat at first after the single when everyone knew the fans were cheering sarcastically I thought it was a great move. I was hoping he'd get and take a curtain call when he hit the HR and was glad to see it happen. That's the way you win hearts and minds.

Exactly, if you don't take it personally and even seemingly have a bit of a sense of humor about it like Dunn did tonight when he tipped his cap after that single you will do fine anywhere. I think that having a sense of humor will buy you a lot of leeway with fans.

Bingo. I'm of the opinion that in every line of work you need to have some semblance of humor (obviously, some jobs allow for more of this than others) in order to not go totally insane with the stress and tension of everyday life.

Rongey last night referred to the cheer before Dunn's first AB and after the single as being "sarcastic" cheering. I don't know about that. They were certainly tongue-in-cheek and self-aware, but the crowd was genuinely trying to encourage him to success. Struggles like this do neither player, team, or fanbase any good at all. We all want Dunn to play well.

aryzner
07-05-2011, 08:52 AM
The single and cap-tip was hilarious. I'm glad he took it the way he did.

Procol Harum
07-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Rongey last night referred to the cheer before Dunn's first AB and after the single as being "sarcastic" cheering. I don't know about that. They were certainly tongue-in-cheek and self-aware, but the crowd was genuinely trying to encourage him to success. Struggles like this do neither player, team, or fanbase any good at all. We all want Dunn to play well.

I'm with you on that--the shots of the stands seemed to really reflect your observation. Yeah, there was an unavoidable sarcastic thrust to the cheers, but it truly seemed to be mixed with a large helping of good-natured support. Dunn's response only helped his cause.

doublem23
07-05-2011, 09:30 AM

I felt it was pretty sarcastic. Come on, the guy got a standing O for a single that really could have been called an E9.

DonnieDarko
07-05-2011, 09:37 AM

Don't get me wrong, I loved what he did in tipping his cap when he made it to first. Thought that it was the funniest damn thing I ever did see, and it even endeared me to him a bit, I'll admit. However, the only way that I think he's going to win hearts and minds in this city is if he keeps on producing. Let's just wait and see his next 0-4 game and see how many boos he gets.

SephClone89
07-05-2011, 09:43 AM
I felt it was pretty sarcastic. Come on, the guy got a standing O for a single that really could have been called an E9.

Sarcastic, perhaps, but not in the most negative connotation of the word. I'm still going with tongue-in-cheek.

I can only speak for myself, but my applause was a good-natured sarcastic and yet encouraging cheer.

doublem23
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Don't get me wrong, I loved what he did in tipping his cap when he made it to first. Thought that it was the funniest damn thing I ever did see, and it even endeared me to him a bit, I'll admit. However, the only way that I think he's going to win hearts and minds in this city is if he keeps on producing. Let's just wait and see his next 0-4 game and see how many boos he gets.

That is true, but having the right attitude makes a big difference. If Dunn would have lashed out at the fans, calling them *******s or idiots for booing, while he may or may not have been right, it would have really cost him a lot of points with a lot of people. To respond to the booing by saying you understand it's just a byproduct of everyone's passion and their desire to see the team win? Just a class act. Can't help but want to see him do good.

Come on, Adam.

bluedemon45
07-05-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm glad he was able to tip his cap to the fans and have a sense of humor. But as mentioned earlier...if he starts going 0-4 again I wonder how the fans will be then.

Dunn has 2 hits against lefties this year, one was an infield single I believe, and the other was a potential E-9.

I hope he can start hitting the ball well because in the ninth before the balk it was the first time in a LONNNNNNNNNNGGG time that I thought he wasn't just an easy out, and with Konerko on deck it made this line up very scary to look at. With his attitude and his potential he could become a fan favorite in Chicago if he just starts to produce.

hawkjt
07-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Sarcastic, perhaps, but not in the most negative connotation of the word. I'm still going with tongue-in-cheek.

I can only speak for myself, but my applause was a good-natured sarcastic and yet encouraging cheer.

This was my take. Some fans were smiling,which did not come off as sarcasm as much as throwing the guy a bone after he had gotten booed for a month. I do not think it was mean-spirited and Dunn took it the right way. Now, get on a roll,Adam.

Marqhead
07-05-2011, 10:47 AM

That was a terrific moment in last nights game. You could tell everyone really wants him to succeed. Yes, the standing O for the single was in jest, but the curtain call for the HR was a nice outpouring of support for the big man. Adam came up big in last nights game. After his comments on Sunday, let's hope it continues.

harwar
07-05-2011, 10:48 AM
I could never get really angry at Dunn because it was obvious that he was trying really hard .. i was frustrated though .. that tip of the cap, from last night,seemed to let a little bit of the pressure off .. it takes a lot to make me smile these days, but when he did that, i smiled :)

voodoochile
07-05-2011, 11:07 AM

You'll note I left the Hearts and Minds comment until AFTER I noted the HR. Yes Dunn has to produce if he wants the fans to cheer for him.

hawkjt
07-05-2011, 11:09 AM
On MLBNetwork last nite they said his homer reached 150 ft high,the highest of any homer this year. For those that were there, could you even track it....it had to be one of the longest wait for a result from a batted ball ever at Soxpark. Seemed like an eternity on TV....three ''stretch!'s'' from Hawk,finally rewarded.

kufram
07-05-2011, 11:11 AM
That is true, but having the right attitude makes a big difference. If Dunn would have lashed out at the fans, calling them *******s or idiots for booing, while he may or may not have been right, it would have really cost him a lot of points with a lot of people. To respond to the booing by saying you understand it's just a byproduct of everyone's passion and their desire to see the team win? Just a class act. Can't help but want to see him do good.

Come on, Adam.

I'd bet that Dunn was being a little diplomatic when talking about the fans as he should be. Major League ballplayers often impress me when being interviewed unlike soccer players who rarely impress me. Maybe mlb gives them media training?

I don't like the Dunn style of player but he's our player now and I want him to succeed. He has handled the worst thing that can happen to a player performance-wise with more dignity than the people who boo him. Those same people will surely cheer for him when he does succeed.

doublem23
07-05-2011, 11:12 AM
On MLBNetwork last nite they said his homer reached 150 ft high,the highest of any homer this year. For those that were there, could you even track it....it had to be one of the longest wait for a result from a batted ball ever at Soxpark. Seemed like an eternity on TV....three ''stretch!'s'' from Hawk,finally rewarded.

I was in Sect. 110, right where the stands start to make the turn aroud the foul pole in RF and I struggled to find the ball off the bat, so I ended up just watching Francouer drift back. Really wasn't sure if that ball was going to get out, since I figured the massive height would have give him enough time to make a better attempt to climb the wall.

Soxfest
07-05-2011, 11:16 AM

Lip
If Dunn does well he will be cheered by the Sox fans, he knows boos are the part of the deal he gets that.

Zisk77
07-05-2011, 11:46 AM

That would be facetious...which by the way is the only word in the English language that has a,e,i,o, and u in alphabetical order - sometimes y if you make it facetiously :redneck.

CLUBHOUSE KID
07-05-2011, 12:21 PM

And that is a reflection on how ****ty the other teams are. IF the Sox make it the postseason, they will not be playing the Cubs, Royals, etc.

asindc
07-05-2011, 12:45 PM
And that is a reflection on how ****ty the other teams are. IF the Sox make it the postseason, they will not be playing the Cubs, Royals, etc.

The Indians won a 1-0 game recently against NYY without an RBI, if I recall correctly.

Harry Chappas
07-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Let's face it: he's getting paid a lot of cash and fans are paying a lot of cash to see him hopefully help this team win. There's a definite feeling that there's either a lack of effort on his part or that his struggles right now are between his ears. We know he's going to strike out a lot, but when you're put in the 3-4-5 slots on a team like this, you've got to produce at certain times. He hasn't done that this season, and that's led to the booing. He starts to produce in some of those situations, and fans will get behind him.

Booing should be reserved for guys that are either jerks or dogs and even then, I'm not a "booer." I just feel ridiculous yelling "boo".

I doubt anyone thinks Dunn is dogging it so booing a guy that has a weird mental thing going on doesn't make any sense if the intended outcome is for him to get his head out of his arse. Showing him support like they did yesterday would probably benefit the team more.

asindc
07-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Booing should be reserved for guys that are either jerks or dogs and even then, I'm not a "booer." I just feel ridiculous yelling "boo".

I doubt anyone thinks Dunn is dogging it so booing a guy that has a weird mental thing going on doesn't make any sense if the intended outcome is for him to get his head out of his arse. Showing him support like they did yesterday would probably benefit the team more.

Now stop it right there, with your fancy logic on a sports message board!

CLUBHOUSE KID
07-05-2011, 02:39 PM

This is true. I agree. The home fans should support THEIR players unless the guy is just a jerk.

sunofgold
07-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Anything is possible. Dunn could have a monster second half. It is possible. We really could use it too!

BigKlu59
07-05-2011, 04:52 PM
:D: Its good to see him at least gettin wood on the ball..or any kind of contact for that matter.. He's had a couple of lazy flies reach the track and last night shows he can reach the seats with those rainbows. Ya, I'm looking for about 20+ more of those down the road.. Preferably with ducks on the pond.. Just stop those caught lookings and windmill fans..

BK59

Foulke You
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Ya, I'm looking for about 20+ more of those down the road.. Preferably with ducks on the pond.. Just stop those caught lookings and windmill fans..

BK59
Much like Jim Thome, strikeouts are part of the Adam Dunn package even when he is locked in. He struck out 199 times last year while hitting 38HRs and 103RBI so I don't expect him to cut down on the Ks. As long as he produces with the power numbers like he did yesterday, he will be doing what he is paid to do.

Zakath
07-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Much like Jim Thome, strikeouts are part of the Adam Dunn package even when he is locked in. He struck out 199 times last year while hitting 38HRs and 103RBI so I don't expect him to cut down on the Ks. As long as he produces with the power numbers like he did yesterday, he will be doing what he is paid to do.

Not all strikeouts are created equal. K'ing with 2 outs and no one on doesn't really bother me. Continually K'ing with RISP is a problem.

If the power numbers come up, it'll be an indication that his K's are in the former category and not the latter.

Nellie_Fox
07-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Not all strikeouts are created equal. K'ing with 2 outs and no one on doesn't really bother me. Continually K'ing with RISP is a problem.

If the power numbers come up, it'll be an indication that his K's are in the former category and not the latter.No it won't. It might be, but you can hit solo shots with two outs just as well.

Dan H
07-06-2011, 03:29 AM
I think the Dunn and the fans were having fun and isn't that why we go out to the ball park? It was a great moment and it is rare that fans and a player can connect like that. Wished it happened more often.

However, Dunn really needs to turn it around or the Sox will end up with 80 wins. This offense is putrid.

pssondacubs
07-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Many boo the actions of players hoping that management will take notice and try to improve the team. But with this management, they are just wasting their breath....:scratch:

Steve Swisher played much better after getting away from Ozzies style. I just wonder how much better this team would be if only management would have made the needed changes last year...

Daver
07-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Many boo the actions of players hoping that management will take notice and try to improve the team. But with this management, they are just wasting their breath....:scratch:

Steve Swisher played much better after getting away from Ozzies style. I just wonder how much better this team would be if only management would have made the needed changes last year...

Steve Swisher never played for Ozzie Guillen.

asindc
07-06-2011, 03:54 PM

When Dunn and Rios are booed, what do the booing fans hope to see management do?

Lip Man 1
07-06-2011, 04:32 PM
At this point I wouldn't care if they stood on their heads...at least its something.

The status quo has been in place among management and coaches for almost six seasons now since the World Series win...conversly many different players have been brought in during that time period.

The results speak for themselves doesn't it?

Lip

WhiteSox56
07-06-2011, 04:34 PM
At this point I wouldn't care if they stood on their heads...at least its something.

The status quo has been in place among management and coaches for almost six seasons now since the World Series win...conversly many different players have been brought in during that time period.

The results speak for themselves doesn't it?

Lip

I agree. When will things change though?

pssondacubs
07-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Steve Swisher never played for Ozzie Guillen.
My age is showing again.. I mean Nick.

Jerko
07-07-2011, 03:09 PM
My age is showing again.. I mean Nick.

It could be said that Nick didn't play for him either.

asindc
07-07-2011, 03:29 PM
It could be said that Nick didn't play for him either.

Well played, sir.

guillensdisciple
07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Maybe Dunn should really love us by giving back half his contract.

soltrain21
07-07-2011, 03:44 PM

Yes, because he is doing this on purpose.

EYE ROLL.

voodoochile
07-07-2011, 04:53 PM

:reinsy:
"Great idea! I love you man!"

Berkules
07-07-2011, 05:12 PM
While reading this thread, I can't help but be reminded of Zitogate 2006 out here on the west coast when he signed his contract. Albeit, Zito's contract is (I think) some 25% more money and three years longer, but I find myself in perpetual deja vu recalling every time he'd pitch, Giants fans expected a loss the same way I and my Sox friends expect a K from Adam.

"Why doesn't he give half the money back?" was an oft-heard question. What's eerily similar is the effect the league change has had on each player. Don't get me wrong, Zito was an excellent pitcher when he won a Cy Young in Oakland but a lot of people forget that it's a football field with an acre of foul space- that leads to a lot more outs. Once people learned to hit his curveball and he was in AT&T it was over.

With Dunn, pitchers seem to know exactly which the strings to pull also. I feel like I'm playing MLB The Show when I watch Dunn bat, thinking I know what the opposing pitcher is going to throw. The difference, and this ties into the tip of the cap, is that Zito's attitude was never like Adam's.

The smile after the single and the curtain call we're just what the fans (from what I could see on my laptop 2000 miles away) needed I think. Here's to a great second half and hell, why not, a 9-16 Twins series with 3 jacks and 7 RBI.

Nellie_Fox
07-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Yes, because he is doing this on purpose.

EYE ROLL.It doesn't matter if he's doing it on purpose; he's damn sure not earning his money.

soltrain21
07-08-2011, 12:05 AM
It doesn't matter if he's doing it on purpose; he's damn sure not earning his money.

It wasn't a bad deal at the time and players get paid, basically, by past results. Clamoring for him to "give back money" is just foolish.

At this point it's all in his head and he is pressing. Having meatballs booing is doing nothing but making him press more.

Nellie_Fox
07-08-2011, 12:09 AM
It wasn't a bad deal at the time and players get paid, basically, by past results. Clamoring for him to "give back money" is just foolish.

At this point it's all in his head and he is pressing. Having meatballs booing is doing nothing but making him press more.I agree with you about the booing, but disagree that it wasn't a bad deal at the time. Nobody else was offering him anywhere near that, and the only reason the Sox did was to get him to accept being a DH.

LongLiveFisk
07-08-2011, 06:44 AM

At this point it's all in his head and he is pressing. Having meatballs booing is doing nothing but making him press more.

I don't know, haven't there been players in the past who have done this? :scratch:

I do agree about the booing though. People should really save that for the known *******s in the game, IMO.

AnkleSox
07-08-2011, 08:49 AM

I don't personally boo, but if the crowd booing is making him sad and getting into his head, then he fits in perfectly with this team of mental ****ing midgets we have here.

Nellie_Fox
07-08-2011, 11:56 PM
I don't personally boo, but if the crowd booing is making him sad and getting into his head, then he fits in perfectly with this team of mental ****ing midgets we have here.I love when people say this crap. If you really believe that having thousands of people boo you every day wouldn't bother you, you're a sociopath. It would bother any normal human being. Nobody of normal human sensibilities can be constantly reviled and be fine with it.

kufram
07-09-2011, 07:33 AM

Only if movie stars give back their salary when they make a bad movie, or if formula one drivers refund theirs when they lose.

dickallen15
07-09-2011, 07:47 AM
I love when people say this crap. If you really believe that having thousands of people boo you every day wouldn't bother you, you're a sociopath. It would bother any normal human being. Nobody of normal human sensibilities can be constantly reviled and be fine with it.
Its part of the job description. The guy gets paid more in 6 months than most of the people who pay to watch him will get paid in a lifetime. If he doesn't perform, he's going to get booed. Personally, the only thing that would make me boo is a lack of effort. There is a way to make it stop. I would think his performance bothers him more than the boos. At least, I would hope so.

AnkleSox
07-09-2011, 12:01 PM
I love when people say this crap. If you really believe that having thousands of people boo you every day wouldn't bother you, you're a sociopath. It would bother any normal human being. Nobody of normal human sensibilities can be constantly reviled and be fine with it.

I'd gladly let people boo me for 14 million dollars a year. If that makes me a sociopath, then so be it.

Edit: Not trying to say that money drives every facet of your being, but thousands of people booing me for not hitting a damn baseball wouldn't put me in a deep depression. It comes with the territory, and you should know that going into it.

voodoochile
07-09-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd gladly let people boo me for 14 million dollars a year. If that makes me a sociopath, then so be it.

Edit: Not trying to say that money drives every facet of your being, but thousands of people booing me for not hitting a damn baseball wouldn't put me in a deep depression. It comes with the territory, and you should know that going into it.

Well that presupposes that just not hitting the baseball isn't already getting you down. Not many if any players get to the level where they get paid 14M/year to hit a damned baseball without caring deeply about hitting a damned baseball. Then add in thousands of people booing you it's hard to suddenly say, "well I live well and get paid millions." I think Ryan Leaf said it well, "I can buy all of you." So if you want to be Ryan Leaf, fine, most athletes don't.

dickallen15
07-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Well that presupposes that just not hitting the baseball isn't already getting you down. Not many if any players get to the level where they get paid 14M/year to hit a damned baseball without caring deeply about hitting a damned baseball. Then add in thousands of people booing you it's hard to suddenly say, "well I live well and get paid millions." I think Ryan Leaf said it well, "I can buy all of you." So if you want to be Ryan Leaf, fine, most athletes don't.

The fact is Dunn does not get booed when he comes to the plate the first time and it doesn't appear he's performing much better that AB. The boos usually start after a whiff.

He also didn't get booed for at least half the season. I could agree the booing doesn't help him, but really its not like its vicious booing like Jerry Manuel at the All Star Game.

Nellie_Fox
07-09-2011, 11:46 PM
I'd gladly let people boo me for 14 million dollars a year.Again, B.S. It's easy for you to say now. When it happened day after day after day, it would bother you, I don't care how much money you're making. Nobody sane wants to be hated.

AnkleSox
07-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Again, B.S. It's easy for you to say now. When it happened day after day after day, it would bother you, I don't care how much money you're making. Nobody sane wants to be hated.

I never said anybody WANTS to be hated. I don't think people hate Adam, but they are frustrated with his performance, as they should be. I also never said it shouldn't bother him at all, but that if it bothers him so much that he hits .100 points below his already mediocre career average, maybe he's a bit weak mentally. Honestly, I like Adam Dunn and from what I've heard he seems like a stand up guy, but I was merely making an observation on his baseball ability.

And I'm sure he sleeps happily on a bed that costs more than my house, with nobody booing him there. So at least he has that going for him.

GlassSox
07-10-2011, 10:00 PM
I never said anybody WANTS to be hated. I don't think people hate Adam, but they are frustrated with his performance, as they should be. I also never said it shouldn't bother him at all, but that if it bothers him so much that he hits .100 points below his already mediocre career average, maybe he's a bit weak mentally. Honestly, I like Adam Dunn and from what I've heard he seems like a stand up guy, but I was merely making an observation on his baseball ability.

And I'm sure he sleeps happily on a bed that costs more than my house, with nobody booing him there. So at least he has that going for him.

Ya never know :redneck