PDA

View Full Version : Guide to MLB Closer Celebrations

HomeFish
07-04-2011, 10:03 PM
http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/7/1/2253666/classifying-mlbs-closer-celebrations

Brian26
07-04-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm waiting for the day the Sox light-up Valverde in a big game. I hope it is this year.

PeteWard
07-04-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm waiting for the day the Sox light-up Valverde in a big game. I hope it is this year.

He is an abomination.

WhiteSox5187
07-04-2011, 11:02 PM
I guess I must be lame, but I think the coolest thing to do after getting a save, hitting a home run or scoring a touchdown or something is to act like you've done it before. I always thought that Scott Rolen had the greatest home run trot, he would hit it and put his head down like he EXPECTED TO DO THAT! Spontaneous displays of emotion I don't mind of course and I don't even really mind when guys will quietly point to the sky after a home run (like Quentin does but he does it in a way that is barely noticeable, the way Swisher does it by raising his hands to the sky like Ali after a title fight, that I could do without), but the elaborate pre-planned crap that show up the hitters and the pitchers and touch down dances, ugh. I wish that crap would stop real quick.

HomeFish
07-04-2011, 11:05 PM
I'll confess: to this day, anytime a Sox hitter hits a home run, I thump my chest and point to the sky while the hitter rounds third base, as my tribute to Carl Everett.

hi im skot
07-04-2011, 11:29 PM
I'll confess: to this day, anytime a Sox hitter hits a home run, I thump my chest and point to the sky while the hitter rounds third base, as my tribute to Carl Everett.

:rolling: