PDA

View Full Version : Kenny's Take on Sox "Management Style"

Lip Man 1
07-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Also offers comments on the entire Pierre - Dayan thing:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0703-sox-bits-chicago--20110703,0,1793395.story

Lip

Red Barchetta
07-03-2011, 11:58 AM
It's nice to see Pierre contribute to the winning this past week and I'm hoping he can get back to the scappy lead-off hitter he was last season.

Dunn is a complete frickin' mystery to me. I cannot remember a non-pitcher, position player dropping off so bad from his career averages not due to an injury. He looks completely lost.

If Dunn would have performed near his career averages thus far in the season, I have no doubt the SOX would be in first place by 5-6 games at this point. KW's plan is sound, it's the lack of performance that is the mystery. However as Ozzie stated, he has to keep playing him in hopes of him breaking out.

Although part of me would love for KW to work out a deal with a National League team to move Dunn back, I doubt it will happen based on his contract. It appears Viciedo is ready to contribute and a DH/OF rotation of Pierre, Quentin, Viciedo and Lillibridge would probably work a lot better than simply writing in Dunn as the DH.

Sox
07-03-2011, 10:41 PM
It appears that the Sox just can't go out and acquire anyone at the moment and that they have to play the personnel that they have on their roster. So apparently the team and the talent is set until something changes or the opportunity to acquire someone presents itself.