PDA

View Full Version : Best MLB Park to party in? - Philadelphia

Fenway
07-02-2011, 04:36 PM
OK it is Bleacher Report but Wrigley was not near the top

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/726541-mlb-power-rankings-the-13-best-stadiums-to-party-at-in-major-league-baseball#/articles/726541-mlb-power-rankings-the-13-best-stadiums-to-party-at-in-major-league-baseball/page/3

Southsider101
07-03-2011, 12:30 AM
What a joke! Bleacher Report posts a story written by some 17 year old Dukie wannabe about partying at MLB ballparks, some of which he admits to never visiting not to mention that he's not even of legal drinking age. Looks like he'll have a great future writing fiction for the NY Times just like his hero Jayson Blair.

doublem23
07-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Friends don't let friends read Bleacher Report.

Seriously, if you read that site, you may as well admit to people that you still use IE on your personal computer and have a Hotmail email address.

DSpivack
07-03-2011, 12:36 AM

Seriously, if you read that site, you may as well admit to people that you still use IE on your personal computer and have a Hotmail email address.

IE and Hotmail are anachronisms, they are has-beens.

Bleacher Report is a never-was.

Fenway
07-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Philly for baseball at Citizens is fine...the fanbase had the horrific Vet but since 2004 CPB is a great venue.

Philly is the Boston interleague rival and we have had some fun since 1997.

palehozenychicty
07-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I went to Citizens last year for the Strasburg injury game and it was as raucous as a college football tailgate. Bleacher Report is pitiful sports content, but Citizens is fun.

sunofgold
07-03-2011, 06:05 PM
..but guessing US Cellular is low on the list. US Cellular fun but probably not party fun (I am thinking frat boys/soro girls). US Cellular is more family/baseball fun. Not really a good place to get drunk but a few do.

Brian26
07-03-2011, 10:02 PM
What a joke! Bleacher Report posts a story written by some 17 year old Dukie wannabe about partying at MLB ballparks, some of which he admits to never visiting not to mention that he's not even of legal drinking age. Looks like he'll have a great future writing fiction for the NY Times just like his hero Jayson Blair.

For that matter, he could get a job at the Sun-Times reviewing music.

TommyJohn
07-04-2011, 07:46 AM

I don't read Bleacher Report, however I do have a hotmail address. Am I now to be expelled to the realm of the terminally uncool?

soxfan2504
07-04-2011, 02:18 PM
One of the bad parts about this list is that the author clearly did zero research on public transit near any of these stadia. He lists it as being good near all these places, failing to take note that Arlington, TX is the largest city in the US without a public transit system.

Apparently this helps explain why:
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/10/arlington_world_series_no_publ.php

Dear dumbass author (of the article posted by the OP):
Nice research, buddy.

g0g0
07-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Just thumbed through them, but Chase Field always makes me claustrophobic. I hate how it's built up.

Foulke You
07-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Just thumbed through them, but Chase Field always makes me claustrophobic. I hate how it's built up.
I've never been there but it is one of the oddest shaped stadiums of the new ballpark wave of the last 10 years. It almost looks rectangular like a football stadium.

g0g0
07-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I've never been there but it is one of the oddest shaped stadiums of the new ballpark wave of the last 10 years. It almost looks rectangular like a football stadium.

Really? Is this due to the shape of the land there, or do they use it for other purposes? It just looks so odd, especially next to a great skyline like PNC Park.