PDA

View Full Version : the all star game sucks

Lucky_Boys143035
07-10-2002, 01:34 AM
Lets face it, none of the players really want to go, and this callng a tie crap just shows how much of a fluff event it really is.

Daver
07-10-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Lucky_Boys143035
Lets face it, none of the players really want to go, and this callng a tie crap just shows how much of a fluff event it really is.

The All Star game is meant to be a fluff event.

KempersRS
07-10-2002, 01:43 AM
the all-star game sucks

Hey you and the All-Star game have something in common then.

oldcomiskey
07-10-2002, 07:26 AM
the all star aint no good huh---when was the last time Miller Park had THAT many people in it

Iguana775
07-10-2002, 08:38 AM
i thought it was a pretty good game, myself. hunter's catch was amazing. paulie had a great game for his 1st AS game and burly pitched pretty good.

CerberusWG
07-10-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Hey you and the All-Star game have something in common then.

Wow, way to go on those grade school attacks, Kempers. Bra****ingvo.

Spiff
07-10-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

....says the person known for such classics as "**** Lunchbox" and a picture of Tom Cruise saying "ARGGHH IM A BUTT PIRATE."

Jerry_Manuel
07-10-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Spiff
....says the person known for such classics as "**** Lunchbox" and a picture of Tom Cruise saying "ARGGHH IM A BUTT PIRATE."

Juggo!

KempersRS
07-10-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Ahh Cerb, do you EVER run out of hypocritical things to say?

MarkEdward
07-10-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775
i thought it was a pretty good game, myself. hunter's catch was amazing. paulie had a great game for his 1st AS game and burly pitched pretty good.

For all the crap surrounding it, the game itself was great. The players did hustle: stolen bases, reaching for that extra base on a hit, diving up against walls to make a catch. That play Vidro made to get Ichiro out was awesome.

Sad
07-10-2002, 02:00 PM
what? :?:

I think the game itself was great!
the ending was sad and couldve been avoided but whadda ya gonna do?

WAY TO GO PAULIE! :gulp:
again! :D:

I was running around the house with a beer in my hand...

LETS KICK SOME DETROIT ASS NOW
and I aint talkin' winning 3 of 5 either...

idseer
07-10-2002, 03:00 PM
why can't they have the allstar game AFTER the world series?

makes a lot more sense to me. no worries about wearing anyone out, and the guys picked are more likely to be the season's all stars ... not half a season's all stars!

the only possible drawback i see is waning interest after the ws and people are into football, but all sports overlap anyway so i don't think that's a big deal.
plus have it only in warmweather sites and share the proceeds equally with all teams.

LongDistanceFan
07-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by idseer
why can't they have the allstar game AFTER the world series?

makes a lot more sense to me. no worries about wearing anyone out, and the guys picked are more likely to be the season's all stars ... not half a season's all stars!

the only possible drawback i see is waning interest after the ws and people are into football, but all sports overlap anyway so i don't think that's a big deal.
plus have it only in warmweather sites and share the proceeds equally with all teams. nice idea.

Paulwny
07-10-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by idseer
share the proceeds equally with all teams.

I think the majority of the money still goes into the player's pension fund.