PDA

View Full Version : My idea to break the tie

Jerry_Manuel
07-10-2002, 12:50 AM
Here's what I would've done. Perhaps others can chime in with their ideas as well.

Go to a home run derby.

Have each team pick three of it's sluggers and give each batter one out. Whatever team that has the most homers after the third out is the winner.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-10-2002, 12:54 AM
Not a bad idea. A way for baseball to showcase some talent. I'd go for it.

nut_stock
07-10-2002, 12:57 AM
I'd rather see a Torre vs Brenly boxing match, but I could live with a hr derby.

Chisox353014
07-10-2002, 01:01 AM
My idea: drag the pitching screen out to the mound, get Bud Selig's sorry ass out there and have him pitch to both teams. Do something for the fans for once, Bud.
:tool
"The fans, who are they...?

ISUSoxfan
07-10-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
My idea: drag the pitching screen out to the mound, get Bud Selig's sorry ass out there and have him pitch to both teams. Do something for the fans for once, Bud.
:tool
"The fans, who are they...?
I agree with everything except the pitching screen.

Viva Magglio
07-10-2002, 08:04 AM
I would have done something similar to the college football overtime route, where the ball is placed on the 25 yard line and each team has a chance to win.

Here, I would have put a runner a second and given the batting team three outs to knock him in. Each team would have gotten at least one chance. If the AL scored their runner, the NL would immediately come to bat for their chance. It would work exactly like the college football overtime does.

raul12
07-10-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I would have done something similar to the college football overtime route, where the ball is placed on the 25 yard line and each team has a chance to win.

Here, I would have put a runner a second and given the batting team three outs to knock him in. Each team would have gotten at least one chance. If the AL scored their runner, the NL would immediately come to bat for their chance. It would work exactly like the college football overtime does.

college football overtime sucks. there's no drama b/c it's so out of routine from a real game.

i like the bud pitching idea. that would be classic--especially if he just got beaned by a line drive....the pictures of him writhing on the ground would supercede all the other horrible photos he has taken in his life. (not that i wish harm on anyone, but someone who is destroying major league baseball....)