PDA

View Full Version : New Interactive Seat Map

Quentin08
06-24-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure how long Ticketmaster has been doing this for Sox games, but I just noticed the new "choose your seats with the Interactive Seat Map" when I clicked on Saturday's game. This new feature shows the exact seats that are taken or available throughout the ballpark in an interactive seat map, and you can select any available seats rather than getting whatever is best available.

Does anyone know if the availability of seats shown in these maps are accurate, or is it possible they only show a small percentage of the total available seats? I checked out the availability of seats for the upcoming day game vs the Royals on July 6th, and the UD corners only show a handful of available seats. I would assume virtually the entire UD would be available at this point. Why not show all the available seats so fans can see how full the game will be?

DumpJerry
06-24-2011, 04:31 PM
One poster has been raving about this for weeks now. Personally, I think it's a gimmick since under the old method, you saw what was available when you clicked on the button to find tickets. Actually, with the old method, you saw what was available in numerous sections, not just one at a time.

The Sox don't release all the tickets for a game to Ticketmonster. Your best bet is to get to the box office window and talk with the rep.

doublem23
06-24-2011, 05:58 PM
One poster has been raving about this for weeks now. Personally, I think it's a gimmick since under the old method, you saw what was available when you clicked on the button to find tickets. Actually, with the old method, you saw what was available in numerous sections, not just one at a time.

Yeah but you couldn't pick your tickets through Ticketmaster. For example, anytime I have to buy tickets for a group larger than 6, it's easier to just go 4 seats across in 2 separate rows so people don't have to yell down a row to talk. Much easier to do it now over Ticketmaster without having to try and explain this to some nimrod over the phone.

MarySwiss
06-24-2011, 06:13 PM
I used this to buy my tickets for Sox/D'Backs and I liked it a lot.

Lorenzo Barcelo
06-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Can someone explain the "dynamic pricing" and how it is different compared to the tiers (regular, prime, premier) they used to have. So does that mean they no longer have the color codes to determine prices? How would this work if you went straight to the box office, does that mean you wouldn't know the price of tickets until you asked?

ChicagoG19
06-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Can someone explain the "dynamic pricing" and how it is different compared to the tiers (regular, prime, premier) they used to have. So does that mean they no longer have the color codes to determine prices? How would this work if you went straight to the box office, does that mean you wouldn't know the price of tickets until you asked?

I don't know how it works at the actual box office, but online at Ticketmaster, the price of tickets will change based on market demand throughout the season.