PDA

View Full Version : *** - No Mvp?


FanOf14
07-09-2002, 11:41 PM
I stayed up this late to see who gets the MVP and there will be no MVP?!?!?!?!? This, the first game with the Ted Williams Award?!?!??!?!?! Selig really wants to kill baseball doesn't he?!

RedPinStripes
07-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
I stayed up this late to see who gets the MVP and there will be no MVP?!?!?!?!? This, the first game with the Ted Williams Award?!?!??!?!?! Selig really wants to kill baseball doesn't he?!

This will be interesting to hear his excuse,

:tool
"Konerko is not on the Brewers"

DuckSnort
07-09-2002, 11:43 PM
Yeah, that's crap, Konerko should get it :angry:

Jerry_Manuel
07-09-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by DuckSnort
Yeah, that's crap, Konerko should get it :angry:

He wouldn't have gotten it.

Either Bonds, Rollins, or the guy who hit or scored the winning run would've. It would be sweet to see Paul win it, but he wouldn't have.

RedPinStripes
07-09-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by DuckSnort
Yeah, that's crap, Konerko should get it :angry:

Well, bud found a way to **** this up.

CerberusWG
07-09-2002, 11:45 PM
Just like Maggs should have gotten it last year.

Robbed two years in a row! Total BS!

kermittheefrog
07-09-2002, 11:45 PM
I think with a tie there should have been co-MVPs. One AL, one NL. Bonds and PK!

FanOf14
07-09-2002, 11:47 PM
I agree Kermit. This really sucks with no MVP...hope my boss will understand why I am half asleep tomorrow.

DuckSnort
07-09-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I think with a tie there should have been co-MVPs. One AL, one NL. Bonds and PK!

I had the same thought... too bad Buddy boy commish cant think or be creative!

nut_stock
07-09-2002, 11:48 PM
Buck and Carver said Konerko-AL and Miller-NL were their picks.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-09-2002, 11:51 PM
Was there an anouncement that there would not be an MVP? I was wondering if I missed that.

doublem23
07-09-2002, 11:52 PM
I can defend the decision to not extend the game any farther, but this is just stupid.

:tool
I'm not payed to think here, guys.

sox_fan_forever
07-09-2002, 11:52 PM
I'm another one who stayed up basically just to see who won MVP. I'm really P.O.'d that they aren't doing it.


Originally posted by FanOf14
This, the first game with the Ted Williams Award?!?!??!?!?!

Good point, I hadn't even thought of that.

danman31
07-09-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
He wouldn't have gotten it.

Either Bonds, Rollins, or the guy who hit or scored the winning run would've. It would be sweet to see Paul win it, but he wouldn't have. If the game ended 6-5 with PK with the game winning RBI I think he would've had it. Miller had the better case once he gave the NL the 7-6 lead.

nut_stock
07-09-2002, 11:54 PM
Even with the tie, they could have had Co-MVP's

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-09-2002, 11:56 PM
blah, a waste of time, but it was a nice waste of time before that moron bud selig had to come in and think of that idea :\ :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

DuckSnort
07-09-2002, 11:57 PM
And I'm watching the milwaukee news, and these people are pissed off, way to go bud! you've done it again!

HawkDJ
07-10-2002, 12:01 AM
I have no problem with the game being called but there definitly should've been an MVP (or two) .

dougs78
07-10-2002, 08:23 AM
Konerko should have been the MVP in my opinion. He was the only guy with 2 hits and 2 RBI in the game. Not to mention that he had 2 doubles. Of course, being a big paulie fan, I'd probably be a bit biased... but still the box score speaks for itself.

I hate how the MVP award has become the best player on the winning team. In a game that goes extra innings or overtime in any sport, its obviously taking two teams playing pretty well. I truly wonder why a player on the losing team cant' be MVP if he/she plays the best. If Paulie would have hit 4 home runs and the AL still lost, would he not be the MVP???

steff
07-10-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


Well, bud found a way to **** this up.

I'm curious if anyone saw the post game interviews... especially the one where the managers said they went to Bud and told him they were out of players and could play no more....

Iwritecode
07-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by steff3603
I'm curious if anyone saw the post game interviews... especially the one where the managers said they went to Bud and told him they were out of players and could play no more....

From a lot of the comments I've read, no they didn't. They were too busy on the board complaining. Joe and Bob perfectly explained the decision and why they made it. I know I wouldn't be too happy if Burly happened to be the starter Torre saved for extra innings and he had to go 4 or 5 innings and throw 60+ pitches when he is supposed to start tomorrow.

LongDistanceFan
07-10-2002, 09:49 AM
who thought that paulie whould get the mvp or would bonds of gotten it?

Jerry_Manuel
07-10-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
who thought that paulie whould get the mvp or would bonds of gotten it?

Paul had a hell of a shot to get it, but Bonds would've.

LongDistanceFan
07-10-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Paul had a hell of a shot to get it, but Bonds would've. anyone who hits a hr and 2 rbi, in my book would've gotten the award. but paulie did great.

HawkDJ
07-10-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by dougs78
Konerko should have been the MVP in my opinion. He was the only guy with 2 hits and 2 RBI in the game. Not to mention that he had 2 doubles.


Well Damian Miller had 2 doubles with 1 rbi and 1 run scored. close enough right?

FanOf14
07-10-2002, 12:15 PM
People on the board seemed to be more irritated with no MVP (should have been at least co-mvps since this was supposed to be the first year of the Ted Williams award). I understand and had no problem whatsoever with them calling it, but to not award an MVP is ludicrous. Also, I am sorry but in my books 2 doubles is better than 1 homer - same amount of bases acrewed. Pauly probably wouldn't have gotten it simply because he isn't a household name. You can be assured that if Pay-Rod had gotten somethin like 2 homers and a great catch they would have made sure the award was given out.

Mathew
07-10-2002, 01:07 PM
The polls I saw on Canadian sport T.V. had Paul as the M.V.P., I was pretty surprized.

raul12
07-10-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
The polls I saw on Canadian sport T.V. had Paul as the M.V.P., I was pretty surprized.

there's canadian tv? i thought it was all short-wave radio.

(just kidding)

Mathew
07-10-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by raul12


there's canadian tv? i thought it was all short-wave radio.

(just kidding)

I call it the picture box.

Dadawg_77
07-10-2002, 02:16 PM
He was leading the ESPN.com vote to

Paulwny
07-10-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Mathew


I call it the picture box.

When the hell are they calling off the garbage strike in Toronto? I can smell it here.

Mathew
07-11-2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny


When the hell are they calling off the garbage strike in Toronto? I can smell it here.

I'm 3000 miles away? :D: Tomorrow!