PDA

View Full Version : That's our Sammy

Jerry_Manuel
07-09-2002, 10:00 PM
Bonds hits a homer, which brings Sosa to the plate. First pitch to Sammy is inside, and he looks out at Halladay. Joe Buck says "And Sosa didn't like that", like Halladay is trying to peg his ass in a frigging All-Star game.

Iguana775
07-09-2002, 11:26 PM
did i see sammy throw his bat after he k'd? i wasnt really paying attention but i though i saw that.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-10-2002, 12:30 AM
Sham-me saw Bonds (a real hitter) drive two with homer distance, and thought the Home Run Derby was still on. With all the juice rotting his brain, it is an easy mistake. Let's cut him some slack guys.

And yes, you did see Sham-me throw the bat. Real class.

jaundicebaby
07-10-2002, 09:32 AM
What really got me angry at Sosa was not him tossing the bat, but the two times he GLARED at the pitchers. When he got thrown inside and when he struck out. What a freaking moron. No class, just like a couple days ago at the home run derby when he thought he was hot stuff and never shook anyone's hand. NO CLASS!

LongDistanceFan
07-10-2002, 10:34 AM
one question, did any other batter looked at or glared at the pitchers?

RKMeibalane
07-10-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by jaundicebaby
What really got me angry at Sosa was not him tossing the bat, but the two times he GLARED at the pitchers. When he got thrown inside and when he struck out. What a freaking moron. No class, just like a couple days ago at the home run derby when he thought he was hot stuff and never shook anyone's hand. NO CLASS!

And of course none of the Chicago papers said anything about it. If Konerko had done something like that, you can bet every writer in this city would all over him. To make matters worse, I'm sure some of the same reporters who trashed Frank Thomas a few days ago and praised Konerko would turn on him in a second in order to protect Sosa.

duke of dorwood
07-10-2002, 11:46 AM
And how about that embarrassing baserunning killing a rally. And the way the helmut was on his head after the slide made me laugh.

Jerry_Manuel
07-10-2002, 11:50 AM
Just heard that Sosa left after his final at-bat. Remember what happened when Frank left early? Not happening with the great Sammy.

Viva Magglio
07-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Just heard that Sosa left after his final at-bat. Remember what happened when Frank left early? Not happening with the great Sammy.

Oh, yes. Frank got -- still gets -- torn to shreads over that one. And remember the White Sox were playing a game the very next day. The Cubs don't play until Friday, giving Sammy two more days off.

kevingrt
07-10-2002, 11:59 AM
When Buerhle came inside both times to Vlad, the best player in the MLB, Vlad didnt do anything he just stood in the box and waited for the next pitch a ground out...

steff
07-10-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Had to get home and make sure Sonia was OK... recovering from that surgery.. that she had to go through ALONE. He is scum of the earth.

Iwritecode
07-10-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by steff3603 Had to get home and make sure Sonia was OK... recovering from that surgery.. that she had to go through ALONE. He is scum of the earth.

It's just a shame that Cub fans (AKA chicago media) will never see it that way. They will always look at everything through their bluerock-tinted glasses. Although I did notice a few posters on the Tribe troll board mentioned his antics during the HR derby. So it's not just Sox fans that are noticing this stuff.

steff
07-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

It's just a shame that Cub fans (AKA chicago media) will never see it that way. They will always look at everything through their bluerock-tinted glasses. Although I did notice a few posters on the Tribe troll board mentioned his antics during the HR derby. So it's not just Sox fans that are noticing this stuff.

We had a few Cub fans in the suite with us Monday and they were completely embarrassed. How he flipped the bat after beating Sexon, not even shaking his hand. The Cub fans were actually cheering when he made an out. And when he changed bats, they were chanting "cork, cork, cork". I was completely impressed with Lance though. I am not a big fan of his at all, and when he was making outs he still had a smile on his face and after stayed on the field and joked around with the other players. After the derby he even posed for pictures with fans along the wall. It was a great time. I don't think Sosa's behavior surprised anyone.

LongDistanceFan
07-10-2002, 03:01 PM
i wonder if some of his antics is the results of getting juiced.

CubKilla
07-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

That would be a great new sig.... "bluerock-tinted glasses." And if Shammy did leave the All-Star game after his last AB, the Chicago media should be giving Soso the same type of lashing they gave Thomas. Alas, they'll use his wife as the excuse NOT to bash him. The sports-media in this city is about as unbiased as Moronotti being a "neutral" Chicago baseball fan.

KruseControl04
07-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
And how about that embarrassing baserunning killing a rally. And the way the helmut was on his head after the slide made me laugh.

That was hilarious! Why was he trying to take 3rd on a shallow hit to left? What a moron!

RKMeibalane
07-10-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04

That was hilarious! Why was he trying to take 3rd on a shallow hit to left? What a moron!

Sosa will do anything to get attention. He's jealous of the publicity that Bonds, Giambi, and others have received this week. Even Selig has gotten more media coverage over the past few days (though that may not be a good thing).

It's been years since Sammy was just another good baseball player. The last time he went an entire season without many people in the national media paying attention to him was 1997. He is as dependent on the media coverage as he is on the steroids. Without those two things, he is useless, as the rest of baseball will eventually find out.

cheeses_h_rice
07-10-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Sosa will do anything to get attention. He's jealous of the publicity that Bonds, Giambi, and others have received this week. Even Selig has gotten more media coverage over the past few days (though that may not be a good thing).

It's been years since Sammy was just another good baseball player. The last time he went an entire season without many people in the national media paying attention to him was 1997. He is as dependent on the media coverage as he is on the steroids. Without those two things, he is useless, as the rest of baseball will eventually find out.

Good points all, rk.

I think it's safe to say that Sham-ME has "jumped the shark." It won't be a pretty sight on his way down the arc of his career.

:nandrolone

Just wait 'til you see me in my "Lyle Alzado" phase!

Garrison
07-10-2002, 05:00 PM
woops, Kruse Control was still logged in on my computer last night. That last comment was meant to be mine.

Yeah I saw Sosa throw down the bat after he K-ed. The announcer even said "Sosa throws the bat away in disgust," almost as if it wasn't Sammy's fault somehow. His baserunning biff was hilarious. A hit to shallow left is fielded by Manny Ramirez about the time he hits second. Why go for third and kill the rally? What a moron. The analysts crawled on him for that. They knew he choked. What a juiced moron. What was that I heard about his wife having surgery?