PDA

View Full Version : TV For Mon/Wed Sox/Cubs

XplodingScorbord
06-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Anyone know whether the two WCIU games will be able to be seen outside of Chicago? I'm in Iowa and wonder whether if I go to a bar with a decent satellite package I might be able to watch these games. If not, this blows.

downstairs
06-20-2011, 01:37 PM
You're kidding... the Cubs/Sox games are being picked up by WCIU??? That's insane.

06-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I was also surprised to see that the games are only on WGN for Tuesdays game.

SoxFan78
06-20-2011, 01:41 PM
All the games will also be on Comcast Sports Net Chicago.

Cubs announcers will be on CSN 6/20 and 6/22
Sox announcers will be on CSN 6/21

Foulke You
06-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to watch the Cubs broadcast of the game on CSN if the Sox broadcast is on WCIU.

XplodingScorbord
06-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Oh, excellent! I forgot they did double televising of these things. I don't care who the announcers are so much as I do being able to see it. Thanks guys!

downstairs
06-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Oh, excellent! I forgot they did double televising of these things. I don't care who the announcers are so much as I do being able to see it. Thanks guys!

I'm probably in the same boat (can't get WCIU games down here on Sattelite)... but at this point, I can't really listen to Hawk any more.

russ99
06-20-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm probably in the same boat (can't get WCIU games down here on Sattelite)... but at this point, I can't really listen to Hawk any more.

Hawk is fantastic to listen to compared to the knuckleheads across town.

I'll be watching the Sox broadcasts.

SephClone89
06-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Hawk is fantastic to listen to compared to the knuckleheads across town.

Seriously? Kasper and Brenly are perfectly competent. And now with Santo gone, the Cubs radio booth is great. We're on the losing end of both commentary battles in this town, IMO.

Ron Karkovice
06-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Seriously? Kasper and Brenly are perfectly competent. And now with Santo gone, the Cubs radio booth is great. We're on the losing end of both commentary battles in this town, IMO.

Meh I like both options for each side of town. This sucks I'm relaxing in fla keys and can only see tomorrows game. At least I'm in the keys though.

TommyGavinFloyd
06-20-2011, 03:11 PM

Brenly is good but Kasper? I'll take 1000 of Hawk's old stories as opposed to Kasper's stories about...what...alternative rock? When I'm watching baseball, I like to hear things about baseball, stories about baseball, etc. Hawk and Stone combined blow these 2 clowns out of the water.

WhiteSox56
06-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Brenly is good but Kasper? I'll take 1000 of Hawk's old stories as opposed to Kasper's stories about...what...alternative rock? When I'm watching baseball, I like to hear things about baseball, stories about baseball, etc. Hawk and Stone combined blow these 2 clowns out of the water.

Totally agree. Hawk and Stone shoud get the broadcast 2 outa 3. Maybe they'll get 2 outa 3 when the series is up north.

SephClone89
06-20-2011, 03:19 PM

I have no problems with Kasper, especially compared with Hawk. I used to love Hawk as a kid, but I've gotten older AND he's declined considerably.

Stone is obviously very good--but he suffers in Hawk's shadow. The optimum Chicago broadcast team would be Hughes and Stone.

SephClone89
06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Maybe they'll get 2 outa 3 when the series is up north.

Looks like Hawk and Stone will be on CSN for that Friday and WGN on the Sunday. FOX has the Saturday game.

MeteorsSox4367
06-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Stone is obviously very good--but he suffers in Hawk's shadow. The optimum Chicago broadcast team would be Hughes and Stone.

Exactly. Although as bad as Hawk can be sometimes, Kasper is as exciting as vanilla pudding.

CHISOXFAN13
06-20-2011, 03:43 PM

Personally, I think Moreland is awful.

Sox
06-20-2011, 04:41 PM
I get neither Comcast Sports Network Chicago or WICU. It would be extremely hard for me to listen to the flubs feed on WGN on Tuesday. Anyone know of any internet radio stations that will be carrying the White Sox games?

SephClone89
06-20-2011, 04:42 PM
I get neither Comcast Sports Network Chicago or WICU. It would be extremely hard for me to listen to the flubs feed on WGN on Tuesday. Anyone know of any internet radio stations that will be carrying the White Sox games?

None for free. You'd need to get MLB Gameday Audio. Which is a great deal. $20 for the season.

Zakath
06-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Personally, I think Moreland is awful.

It's not personal. He is awful.

Never thought someone could be worse than Santo...

spongyfungy
06-20-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm listening to Brenly and Len. He's on with Hendry in the booth. Not sure why Hendry didn't hire Brenly.

Len's a pro and his baseball thoughts are insightful. I've heard him on interviews and he's pro sabremetrics. to hawk, that's gobbledygook