PDA

View Full Version : Group Outing

CAREY33
06-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Trying to organize a small group outing on short notice for Saturday's Sox game. Probably going to have between 15-25 people going. Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what I can possibly do to get the best deal for our money. Thanks.

chisoxfanatic
06-20-2011, 11:36 AM
With the latest technology on Ticketmaster's site, you can see exactly which seats remain (and from those you can pick which seats you purchase). Check for yourself which seats remain, and then discuss that with the group members. Unfortunately, I do not think there are any codes for the Saturday's game.

DumpJerry
06-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Call the Sox at 312-674-1000 if you have 20+ people lined up. They can set you up with a group sale. If there are less than 20 peeps in your group, your best bet is to go to the Sox box office itself at the park, they have a better selection of seats than Ticketmonster and won't charge any transaction fees.

russ99
06-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Call the Sox at 312-674-1000 if you have 20+ people lined up. They can set you up with a group sale. If there are less than 20 peeps in your group, your best bet is to go to the Sox box office itself at the park, they have a better selection of seats than Ticketmonster and won't charge any transaction fees.

+1

The Sox ticket office also make a better effort to get your group seated together in either one or a few rows.

Ticketmaster's hit and miss. I like the pick a seat functionality, if you're going to sit in a lower-demand area.

Some of the better seats on Ticketmaster are held back for auction, which seems a bit odd to me since similar seats are also on Stub Hub at a flat price.

RustyKuntz
06-20-2011, 04:09 PM
White Sox Group Ticket Page. All your options are pretty clearly spelled out.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/groups/index.jsp

The benefit...no Ticketmaster fees and easy to sit everyone together.

MarySwiss
06-20-2011, 06:02 PM
This may be a weird coincidence, but I just got an e-mail from whitesox.com about hosting a group outing. Anyone else get one? :?:

chisoxfanatic
06-20-2011, 06:16 PM
This may be a weird coincidence, but I just got an e-mail from whitesox.com about hosting a group outing. Anyone else get one? :?:
I get those all the time, because I have organized group outings before. Have you ever organized one before? If not, then maybe it's because you're in their system from joining the Core of the Core group outing we had 6 years ago?

DumpJerry
06-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Yeah. They were hoping the OP was on their email database.