PDA

View Full Version : Passan slams Marlins' owners, again

vinny
06-16-2011, 07:02 PM
This time for their reaction to Logan Morrison speaking up about the firing of hitting coach John Mallee.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Atl9GZG0ux8suX.8qd39lRsRvLYF?slug=jp-passan_morrison_marlins_petty_ownership_061611

Sounds like a perfect outfit for Ozzie to join. :rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
06-16-2011, 07:26 PM
What? I'm confused.... you mean another organization actually FIRES hitting coaches when the team isn't performing well offensively??????????

:o:

Lip

Noneck
06-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Maybe its time to bring a Chicago boy (Mallee) home to take over with some new ideas. Yea right that will be the day.

Marqhead
06-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Morrison is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

DSpivack
06-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Morrison is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

Same here.

geofitz
06-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Trade Ozzie for Logan Morrison. Might not be out of the picture. Recently Hanley Ramirez (Luria's pet player) endorsed Manager Edwin Rodriguez saying: "I have his back". But at the same time mentioned how Ozzie Guillen stands up for his players! Edwin is now a dead man walking.

Ozzie would fit well in Little Havana with Hanley, Luria and the midget step-son president of the Fish.

doublem23
06-17-2011, 09:20 AM
What? I'm confused.... you mean another organization actually FIRES hitting coaches when the team isn't performing well offensively??????????

Lip

:rolling:

You wanna be the Marlins?

SI1020
06-17-2011, 09:52 AM

Lip This apparently wasn't even close to a justified firing. Luria is a dictator who runs his team on fear and intimidation.

Marqhead
06-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Trade Ozzie for Logan Morrison. Might not be out of the picture. Recently Hanley Ramirez (Luria's pet player) endorsed Manager Edwin Rodriguez saying: "I have his back". But at the same time mentioned how Ozzie Guillen stands up for his players! Edwin is now a dead man walking.

Ozzie would fit well in Little Havana with Hanley, Luria and the midget step-son president of the Fish.

Ozzie's mouth has gotta be the last thing Loria wants, no matter how well he fits in with the players and the city.

palehozenychicty
06-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Ozzie's mouth has gotta be the last thing Loria wants, no matter how well he fits in with the players and the city.

He wants Ozzie. He has for awhile.

Ex-Chicagoan
06-17-2011, 11:35 AM
:rolling:

You wanna be the Marlins?

They do have one more title in my lifetime...

Noneck
06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
They do have one more title in my lifetime...

In mine and my deceased father also.

Lip Man 1
06-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Double:

If it means the Sox start holding people accountable like the Marlins then yes, thank you.

Lip

doublem23
06-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Double:

If it means the Sox start holding people accountable like the Marlins then yes, thank you.

Lip

Clearly, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

This isn't a case of someone being "held accountable," or whatever other stupid, meaningless buzzwords you want to toss around, it's a case of the Marlins' owner proving once again that he is a terrible human being and a complete and utter psychopath. Mallee was a hitting coach in the minor leagus for the Marlins for almost 10 seasons and has helped develop many of the good young players that they are well-known to produce. He took over their Major League hitting coach position this season, so he was around for what? 3 months? Obviously that is plenty of time to make rash judgments. And since the Marlins fired him, they have gone 1-8.

Woo!

Noneck
06-17-2011, 12:44 PM
You all realize that Mallee is a Chicago boy and an avid Sox fan? Sounds like a good fit as next years hitting coach , under new leadership of course.

Lip Man 1
06-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Double:

So instead you suggest keeping people around who haven't been productive for years?

Interesting concept.

While I agree it was probably rash at least the SOB is trying to DO something, the status quo isn't acceptable to him, unlike some franchises.

Since I clearly don't know what I'm talking about I'll go pee on a statue someplace and think up more irritating buzzwords.

:smile:

Ex-Chicagoan and Noneck hit the nail on the head with their comments.

Lip

doublem23
06-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Double:

So instead you suggest keeping people around who haven't been productive for years?

Interesting concept.

Yes, that's exactly the point I was trying to make.

Clearly there is no middle ground between keeping unproductive guys around for years and rashly firing people a few months into a new job (ESPECIALLY when they have proven themselves for nearly a decade).

Great work, as usual, Lip. Great, great work.

SI1020
06-17-2011, 01:34 PM
I can't see any comparison between the Marlins firing their hitting coach and Greg Walker having what looks like lifetime job security. I would not want to be fan of any team owned by Jeffrey Loria.

Lip Man 1
06-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Double:

I thought so... many thanks!

:D:

Lip

Over By There
06-17-2011, 01:50 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/533041789/Kenny_normal.jpg@Ken_Rosenthal #Marlins Loria in Europe, pondering changes. Roster move today. E-Rod not on firm ground. Still interest in Ozzie, even Bobby V. #MLB

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/533041789/Kenny_normal.jpg @Ken_Rosenthal #Marlins want Ozzie, but it's almost impossible to imagine it happening in season. #WhiteSox wanted @LoMoMarlins for him last winter. #MLB

geofitz
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Luria wants. I put it more in the sphere of what Hanley Ramirez wants. That ".342" or whatever BA Champ # necklace that he drags around when playing was a gift from the art dealer.

The Marlins have quite a history of listening to disgruntled players and then canning real baseball men.

VMSNS
06-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Florida wants Ozzie...?

I'll pick up Ozzie in a limo and drive him to the airport myself.

TheOldRoman
06-17-2011, 02:50 PM
I could see the Marlins wanting Ozzie as a gesture to build fan support. "I know you thought we would spend money when you bought us a new stadium. Sorry about the misunderstanding. While we are trading Hanley Ramirez and keeping payroll under $30 million, we got a new manager! Ozzie Guillen! He is firey and controversial! He is a Miami native (well, not really, but he stays here sometimes). And, hey, he is latino like some of you! Get your tickets now!"

I could see Ozzie wanting to coach in Miami, but I don't know if he would sign on to shut his mouth and abide by the rules of Loria.

Soxfest
06-17-2011, 02:55 PM

Lip
They did not even wait 5 years to do it!:R&R

Viva Medias B's
06-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Jeffrey Loria is an ass. He is this generation's George Steinbrenner with his managerial firings. He gets rid of NL Manager of the Year Joe Girardi who eventually goes on to win a World Series with the Yankees. He gets rid of Fredi Gonzalez who has the Braves in the running. With the Marlins' slide from second to last place in the NL East, I bet Edwin Rodriguez will find his way to greener pastures than Lorialand.

DSpivack
06-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Jeffrey Loria is an ass. He is this generation's George Steinbrenner with his managerial firings. He gets rid of NL Manager of the Year Joe Girardi who eventually goes on to win a World Series with the Yankees. He gets rid of Fredi Gonzalez who has the Braves in the running. With the Marlins' slide from second to last place in the NL East, I bet Edwin Rodriguez will find his way to greener pastures than Lorialand.

...And Ozzie will take his place.

Ozzie + Pierre for Logan Morrison and Edwin Rodriguez?

PalehosePlanet
06-18-2011, 02:17 AM
If we were able to acquire a prototypical, athletic, young, lefty 3 hitter like Morrison for Ozzie, that would be the steal of the century.

Of course, if it sounds to good to be true....