PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-16 Minnesota is Awesome Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
06-16-2011, 03:21 PM
That's all we can say to them. Oh wait...

voodoochile
06-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Ugh... just... ugh...

Try not to kill each other or blow up the server...

Sigh...

Moses_Scurry
06-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Good game Buehrle.

johnnyg83
06-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Damn this team. Damn them. 1 run in two games?

Bench Rios. Release Pierre. Get Dunn hypnotized.

cleanwsox
06-16-2011, 03:23 PM
The Chicago White Sox: We can beat the teams you don't give a **** about, but lay an egg over and over again against the teams you hate.

Call now for Tickets!!!

kittle42
As I said in early May, wake me up when they get to .500. Of course, now it's more "IF."

Man, these two games and the Liriano disaster would make a great 2011 Sox offensive collector series.

BainesHOF
Way to spark the team, Juan!

Zzzzzzzz.

After tipping his hat to his good buddy Ron Gardenhire, I heard Ozzie is taking the Twins to Dairy Queen for playing the game the right way. Their kids are invited.

thomas35forever
Did I mention in the original post that the offense is pathetic? I didn't? Okay, I'll say it now. The offense is pathetic.

russ99
06-16-2011, 03:24 PM
At least the first game was rained out so we weren't swept.

My hope is hanging on by a thread for this team. Their usual interleague hot-streak better happen this year...

Crestani
Damn this team. Damn them. 1 run in two games?

Bench Rios. Release Pierre. Get Dunn hypnotized.

Make that 3 total runs in 36 innings against the twins pitching this year...!!!:angry:

Soxman219
The Twins, no matter where they are in the standings, always own the Sox. Pick a venue, doesn't matter, whenever the Sox and Twins play, very likely the Twins will win. Pathetic.

cws05champ
Tip your cap.....

Fire Walker....

Jurr
06-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Baseball is "moving golf". It's a thinking man's game, and those who can't handle significant pressure get eaten alive. When a millimeter change in swing results in an out vs. a homer, it's imperative that a good mental approach is needed.

Great managers are great psychologists. They help players stay mentally balanced to allow natural athletic ability to show itself.

For whatever reason, Gardenhire dwarfs Guillen in this regard. Absolutely dwarfs him. This team CANNOT compete with Minnesota. CANNOT.

DumpJerry

My hope is hanging on by a thread for this team. Their usual interleague hot-streak better happen this year...
We were swept.

white sox bill
Its like everytime we play the Twins, we have one arm tied behind our backs.

JB98
7-28 last 35 vs. Minnesota
6-11 vs. AL Central foes this year
38-51 vs. AL Central foes since Opening Day 2010
Only three runs in four games vs. last-place Minnesota this year
Seventh time shut out this season
33-37 overall record

Looks like a contender to me!

C'mon, KW, you know changes are necessary. Make them, or I'll have no choice but to call for your head, too.

russ99
06-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Way to spark the team, Juan!

Zzzzzzzz.

Rios left 5 men on base, Pierzynski 4, Beckham 4.

Yet it's all Pierre's fault.

aryzner
I'm fairly convinced that it doesn't matter what players you put in a Sox uniform - they will always lose in Minnesota.

You could hand pick the best player in baseball at each position, put them in a White Sox uniform, and they'd still lose to the Twins.

WhiteSox5187
First off, the offense absolutely sucks. We're not that good to begin with, but this is just an absolute horse **** effort against the Twins which is what we have been seeing every damn year in the second half and NOW just flat out every year. This is a horrendous effort. We play like absolute horse **** against them.

jdm2662
This team can go **** themselves. A bunch of mental midgets. Yes, that's right, the Twins are laughing at you yet again. Just lay down like you normally do. Of course, we've been beating this same record for the past few seasons...

ChiSoxGal85
06-16-2011, 03:27 PM
White Sox offense with RISP: :fail:

God, I'm sick of this.

DirtySox
06-16-2011, 03:28 PM
33-37 overall record

C'mon, KW, you know changes are necessary. Make them, or I'll have no choice but to call for your head, too.

Closer to last than first.

thomas35forever
Get Dunn hypnotized.
We should hire this guy:
http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/9/96/The_Hypnotist2.jpg

Soxman219
33-37 overall record

Shuddering

veeter
Fun bad has returned. I knew they'd tease us by climbing close to .500. This team sucks. Fire Ozzie, Walker, Hawk, Cora, Farmer, and DJ. Bring up Viciedo and Buddy Bell. See what happens. If it still sucks try to blow it up.

Crestani
33-37 overall record

It's KW's team, so IMO it has always been on him..!!

TheOldRoman
Disgusting. Scoring one run across 18 innings against unspectacular pitching. Taking what is now a horse-**** Twins team and breathing air into their lungs. I'm assuming the Sox' hitters were trying too hard today. It was probably cold in Minnesota, too, because the bats are going to heat up when the weather does.

As I said before, these garbage Twins are going to be in it at the end of the season. The will get most of their top five hitters back (all of who were out for this humiliating sweep), and they will go on a second half surge like they always do. If the Sox can't beat the Twins when they are the worst team in baseball, we can imagine how they will fare against a Twins team which is playing well. You have to beat division opponents, and you have to bury the Twins when you get a chance.

doublem23

And how many of those LOB where Pierre?

Oh that's right, 0.

Everyone is aware that AJ and Rios suck and that Beckham is streaky, but there's a guy in the minors, WHO PLAYS JUAN'S POSITION who is absolutely raking. And Juan is the worst player on the team. It's a no-brainer.

DirtySox
06-16-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm fairly convinced that it doesn't matter what players you put in a Sox uniform - they will always lose in Minnesota.

You could hand pick the best player in baseball at each position, put them in a White Sox uniform, and they'd still lose to the Twins.

What's amusing is that supposedly the veterans were making a big deal about this series, and how they finally need to make a statement. Not so much though.

Woofer
It used to be that bad Sox teams would battle back to. 500. This sucky team cannot even get to. 500 before it starts another plunge.

Hendu
Wow...1-9 this year against Detroit and Minnesota.

DirtySox
Juan is the worst player on the team. It's a no-brainer.

Juan is the 2nd worst player in all of major league baseball right now. It's pathetic.

salty99
06-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Juan is the 2nd worst player in all of major league baseball right now. It's pathetic.

Who's worse?

Crestani
06-16-2011, 03:30 PM
I asked this yesterday and I will ask it again today...When was the last time we scored on a sacrifice fly???:scratch:

Chez
06-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm usually an Ozzie defender, but I had to scratch my head at some of his pinch-running/pinch-hitting decisions. For example, if you know you're going to hit for Morel in the 9th, why not pinch run Omar for Dunn so that you have Lillibridge left (rather than Omar) to hit for Morel?

And the decision to pinch run Teahen for the trail runner (Konerko) in the 8th was also questionable. If you're going to pinch-run, why not run for the lead runner? Plus, now you've burned Teahen -- a better option to pinch hit in the 9th than Omar.

DirtySox
Who's worse?

Chone Figgins, Juan Pierre, and Raul Ibanez are neck and neck. Stay tuned for bad players playing bad!

JB98

Shockingly, none of the men left on base were Juan Pierre. Because he didn't do his job as usual.

Release Pierre. Bench Rios. Put Lillibridge in CF and bat him second behind Ramirez. Move Quentin to LF. Put Viciedo in RF and have him bat fifth. Drop Pierzynski down to the 8 spot in the order where he belongs. Only Morel should be batting behind AJ.

Status quo is not acceptable.

WhiteSox5187
And how many of those LOB where Pierre?

Oh that's right, 0.

Everyone is aware that AJ and Rios suck and that Beckham is streaky, but there's a guy in the minors, WHO PLAYS JUAN'S POSITION who is absolutely raking. And Juan is the worst player on the team. It's a no-brainer.

I like Pierre, he works hard and I like guys who are fast, but you're right. He absolutely sucks. Were he stealing bases consistently I'd say he should stay. But now he can't even do that. It is time to see what Dayan can do.

Chez
Who's worse?

Alex Rios.

VMSNS
Nothing in the past 2 or 3 seasons has indicated to me that this team is ready to win. It's games like this that magnify this teams mental block versus Minnesota. Going into this game, the Twins were 12 games under .500 and their entire lineup was practically a AAA club. Unacceptable, pitiful, embarrassing, and pathetic.

This team's offensive mindset it absolutely atrocious. The Sox have scored a total of THREE RUNS IN FOUR GAMES AGAINST THE TWINS THIS YEAR. And yet, nothing this organization has done indicates that they care whatsoever.

**** this team.

I can't wait for the Yankees to come to Minnesota and sweep a four-game series by a score of 203-0.

The Immigrant
06-16-2011, 03:32 PM
What's amusing is that supposedly the veterans were making a big deal about this series, and how they finally need to make a statement.

Oh they made a statement alright.

Soxman219
06-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Watch real teams take advantage of Minnesota's depleted lineup and beat them in the coming weeks. Why is this team so bad against the Twins?

thomas35forever
06-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Chone Figgins, Juan Pierre, and Raul Ibanez are neck and neck. Stay tuned for bad players playing bad!
Ibanez is on the bench for my fantasy team. Should I dump him?

guillensdisciple
06-16-2011, 03:34 PM

Why? I don't understand this. Even if they do, you know exactly what will happen. The bullpen will collapse come late August and our offense will become stagnant and whatever lead we had will slowly disappear and drain us of the excitement we had. Just take White Sox baseball with a grain of salt. Until they get rid of these clowns, this will continue so don't hope too much.

As for this team, well, lol. That's as far as I'll go. A team that shows the same problems year after year with new players offers only one solution as to what the problem could be. In this case, unfortunately, the problem is the management. This just does not happen with this kind of talent. And if it is the talent,then Kenny Williams needs his swan song for choosing it so poorly.

Jurr
06-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Who's worse?

Maybe Ronny Cedeno. But he can at least field a competent position.

Soxfest
06-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Beat Felix & Pineda but, score 1 run against Pavano & Blackburn HORRID! Fire Guillen today!:angry:

kittle42
06-16-2011, 03:37 PM
A team that shows the same problems year after year with new players offers only one solution as to what the problem could be. In this case, unfortunately, the problem is the management. This just does not happen with this kind of talent. And if it is the talent,then Kenny Williams needs his swan song for choosing it so poorly.

Yup. The constants are Ozzie/coaches/KW. The variables are the players. The latter change; the former remain the same; the problems persist.

So where is the real blame?

LITTLE NELL
06-16-2011, 03:38 PM
BREAKING NEWS: TWINS BEAT WHITE SOX

So what else is new?
Isn't time for Viciedo?

Sometimes this team makes me want to throw up.

Sox35th
06-16-2011, 03:39 PM
So...when are the Sox going to give Walker that contract extension?!?!?

Really…what do the Sox have to loss by letting Walker go..…nothing!!

Never seen a team hit like this!! well...may be the 2006,2007,2009,2010 Sox

guillensdisciple
06-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Yup. The constants are Ozzie/coaches/KW. The variables are the players. The latter change; the former remain the same; the problems persist.

Kenny will tell you it's the fans. We don't spend our money and that really messes up our players because they need to be comforted by our presence.

JB98
06-16-2011, 03:41 PM
So...when are the Sox going to give Walker that contract extension?!?!?

Really…what do the Sox have to loss by letting Walker go..…nothing!!

Never seen a team hit like this!! well...may be the 2006,2007,2009,2010 Sox

Walkerball, Part VI, Saga of Doom, now playing at U.S. Cellular Field!

Come spend money you don't have to watch the same ****show we've given you since the All-Star break of 2006! Only difference is tickets cost more than they did last season!

Soxfest
06-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Kenny will tell you it's the fans. We don't spend our money and that really messes up our players because they need to be comforted by our presence.
KW never looks in the mirror Sox deserve small crowds and his mouth is part of the reason.:angry:

ElevenUp
06-16-2011, 03:45 PM
BREAKING NEWS: TWINS BEAT WHITE SOX

So what else is new?
Isn't time for Viciedo?

Sometimes this team make me want to throw up.

Yes. The sooner the better. If Kenny wants, I'll drive down to Charlotte, pick him up and drive him to Phoenix.

TheOldRoman
06-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Kenny will tell you it's the fans. We don't spend our money and that really messes up our players because they need to be comforted by our presence.Except for the fact that he said the opposite last week. He said that the team was playing like garbage and it was to be expected that a team playing that poorly wouldn't get big turnouts. You caught that, right?

guillensdisciple
06-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Except for the fact that he said the opposite last week. He said that the team was playing like garbage and it was to be expected that a team playing that poorly wouldn't get big turnouts. You caught that, right?

Ye I caught that, but that does not detract from the 23232 times he called us out before that. One right does not correct a million wrongs.

sox1970
06-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Man on first, 2 out, and Vizquel is the best we can do down one run? This roster is flawed.

BainesHOF
06-16-2011, 03:51 PM
We need a big housecleaning. Kenny, Ozzie and the coaches need to go. I have no problem with Rick Hahn, but I want a new general manager from outside the organization. Doug Laumann needs to go, too.

JB98
06-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Man on first, 2 out, and Vizquel is the best we can do down one run? This roster is flawed.

Teahen would have been a better option, but he was inexplicably used to pinch run for Konerko (the trail runner at the time) in the eighth. :scratch:

DirtySox
Ibanez is on the bench for my fantasy team. Should I dump him?

I know next to nothing about fantasy baseball. But Raul Ibanez isn't hitting and is an awful defender.

BainesHOF

Not that Teahen is an awesome option, but it was ridiculous that Ozzie burned him as a pinch-runner in the eighth.

Chez

Ozzie chose to use two superior candidates (Teahen and Lillibridge) as pinch-runners.

BringHomeDaBacon
06-16-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm usually an Ozzie defender, but I had to scratch my head at some of his pinch-running/pinch-hitting decisions. For example, if you know you're going to hit for Morel in the 9th, why not pinch run Omar for Dunn so that you have Lillibridge left (rather than Omar) to hit for Morel?

And the decision to pinch run Teahen for the trail runner (Konerko) in the 8th was also questionable. If you're going to pinch-run, why not run for the lead runner? Plus, now you've burned Teahen -- a better option to pinch hit in the 9th than Omar.

None of those decisions made any sense whatsoever.

SoxSpeed22
How annoying (again).

johnnyg83
KW never looks in the mirror Sox deserve small crowds and his mouth is part of the reason.:angry:

I got a feeling Kenny looks in the mirror quite a bit. He's very impressed with what he sees too.

kittle42
Ozzie chose to use two superior candidates (Teahen and Lillibridge) as pinch-runners.

Ozzie wasn't out there making Vizquel end the game!

billcissell
06-16-2011, 03:55 PM
The Twins tried to give us the game with a few errors, but we failed to capitalize. Beckham continues to look lost at the plate.

No Mauer, Morneau, Kubel - and yet it just doesn't seem to matter who Gardenhire marches out against us.

Buehrle deserved a better fate. For the last few years we've really struggle against these guys. And our offense is still in the dumper. The Twins pitching staff really knows how to throw against the Sox. Other teams are sure to look at the video and take notes.

Maybe we can get back on track down in the desert. Remember a few years ago when we "owned" NL clubs?

TheOldRoman
06-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Ye I caught that, but that does not detract from the 23232 times he called us out before that. One right does not correct a million wrongs.Wait, is it a million wrongs or 23 thousand? He never once implied that the team was playing poorly because fans weren't coming to games. Anyway, some of those times he was taken out of context and fans threw a fit regardless (I have seen it a time or two over the last two years) and other times he was right. There were certainly things he shouldn't have said, but still, fans going berserk about a GM saying "we might not have money to make a trade if the attendance doesn't pick up" probably is a bit of overreacting.

thomas35forever
06-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Wait, is it a million wrongs or 23 thousand? And he never once implied that the team was playing poorly because fans weren't coming to games. Anyway, some of those times he was taken out of context and fans threw a fit regardless (I have seen it a time or two over the last two years) and other times he was right. There were certainly things he shouldn't have said, but still, fans going berserk about a GM saying "we might not have money to make a trade if the attendance doesn't pick up" probably is a bit of overreacting.
I really don't think any trade is going to resolve our woes anytime soon, especially against the Twins. When a burning structure is far beyond saving, you let the fire burn itself out. We might just have to do that this year.

Noneck
06-16-2011, 04:01 PM
This team has not been in the hunt all season long. This only happened one time before under Ozwaldo, 2007. If this team does not get in the hunt soon the opportunity to sell tics for this year will be over. I think you will then see the biggest dumping of players in the history of the club. Anyone that makes a buck will be on the auction block.( auction block in the sense that whoever takes the salary gets the player)

With a horrendous farm system and no money that will be spent, I am looking at the mid 70's all over again for years to come unless things turn around in the next couple of weeks.

JB98
06-16-2011, 04:02 PM
I really don't think any trade is going to resolve our woes anytime soon, especially against the Twins. When a burning structure is far beyond saving, you let the fire burn itself out. We might just have to do that this year.

But I'm concerned they'll put up their typical 83-79 mark this year and use the "winning record" as an excuse to try again with the same cast next season.

I agree there isn't a trade out there for us, but the personnel already in the organization needs to be used differently.

TheOldRoman
06-16-2011, 04:02 PM
I really don't think any trade is going to resolve our woes anytime soon, especially against the Twins. When a burning structure is far beyond saving, you let the fire burn itself out. We might just have to do that this year.I wasn't talking about fans being critical of the team's talent level, just people going nuts over perceived jabs at them.

Quentin08
06-16-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't get why this organization has been hanging on to Walker for so long. Firing Walker would do a world of good.. it would sure be a nice change in mentality.

Anyway, glad this series is over. Time to get back on track and take 2 of 3 in Phoenix. Hopefully Paulie will give this team a bit of a spark and show em how to get a 16,000 square foot home in Scottsdale while he's out there. 3 of 3 would be nice heading back to Chicago with a chance of finally getting back to .500 in game 1 vs the Cubs. Is that too much to ask?

Noneck
06-16-2011, 04:06 PM
But I'm concerned they'll put up their typical 83-79 mark this year and use the "winning record" as an excuse to try again with the same cast next season.

The winning record stuff wont mean beans depending on how they get it. A late season surge and never being in the hunt during the summer is disastrous for tickets sales and that's what it is all about.

Harry Potter
06-16-2011, 04:07 PM
3 of 3 would be nice heading back to Chicago with a chance of finally getting back to .500 in game 1 vs the Cubs. Is that too much to ask?

With this team? Unfortunately, yes :angry:

tstrike2000
Greg Walker for man of the year.

Hitmen77
33-37 overall record

:tiphat::whiteflag::shakehead::cuss::angry::fail: :anon:

Here is what the Sox do best to the Twins: :worship:

Hitmen77
06-16-2011, 04:09 PM

That's how I see it too.

Hitmen77
06-16-2011, 04:11 PM

Ah yes, the old "since other players suck too, no complaints about Pierre are allowed" logic.

Rios sucks....therefore Pierre stays as our everyday LF and leadoff hitter!:screwloose:

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-16-2011, 04:12 PM

1-0. Great pitchers duel except we **** ourselves every time we go into that ****ing town. Can't even pick up one game in our own division.

Watch - this will be the catalyst those morons need to catch fire and move up in the standings....right past us. :angry:

tstrike2000
06-16-2011, 04:14 PM
1 run in the last 18 innings and 0-4 now against THIS Minnesota team in 2011. What a disgrace, an absolute disgrace. Ozzie has little idea on how to utilize the roster properly, but Kenny, please keep telling us how great the ****ing coaching staff is.

johnnyg83
06-16-2011, 04:15 PM
7th time we've been shut out this season
15th time we scored 1 or less.
25th time we scored 2 or less.

We did win a couple of those.

06-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Ozzie has little idea on how to utilize the roster properly, but Kenny, please keep telling us how great the ****ing coaching staff is.

What the ****? I don't think any lineup combination Ozzie could ****ing throw out there would make a hell of a difference. The offense scored 1 run in 18 innings but go ahead and blame Ozzie for their ****ing incompetence.

AnkleSox
06-16-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't get why this organization has been hanging on to Walker for so long. Firing Walker would do a world of good.. it would sure be a nice change in mentality.

Anyway, glad this series is over. Time to get back on track and take 2 of 3 in Phoenix. Hopefully Paulie will give this team a bit of a spark and show em how to get a 16,000 square foot home in Scottsdale while he's out there. 3 of 3 would be nice heading back to Chicago with a chance of finally getting back to .500 in game 1 vs the Cubs. Is that too much to ask?

The Cubs are even worse than the twins so I expect them to sweep the Sox.

russ99
06-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Shockingly, none of the men left on base were Juan Pierre. Because he didn't do his job as usual.

Release Pierre. Bench Rios. Put Lillibridge in CF and bat him second behind Ramirez. Move Quentin to LF. Put Viciedo in RF and have him bat fifth. Drop Pierzynski down to the 8 spot in the order where he belongs. Only Morel should be batting behind AJ.

Status quo is not acceptable.

Pierre not being on base isn't why we lost, it's the guys who are paid to drive in runs who try to pull the ball out of the park when they should situationally hit.

But, please, add Viciedo so he can try to kill the ball every at bat too.

Hitmen77
06-16-2011, 04:22 PM
The worst part is that this awful offense is apparently acceptable to Sox management.

We see it time after time and yet Walker is doing a great job. Viciedo is "ready" according to KW, but lets keep trotting out Pierre every single game even though he's been terrible.

Ugh. I'm glad there is only one more game this season that I have sunk my money in.

.....now it's time for the Sox patented "fools gold" romp through the Interleague schedule before the Twins and Tigers hand our asses to us again in July.

russ99
06-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Ah yes, the old "since other players suck too, no complaints about Pierre are allowed" logic.

Rios sucks....therefore Pierre stays as our everyday LF and leadoff hitter!:screwloose:

Now come on here. Had we had Kenny Lofton on his prime leading off for us today and gone 2-4 with 2 SBs, he would have scored 1 run. Then Cuddyer would have hit a homer to win it in extras.

It's ridiculous to let these guys who's primary job is to drive runs in off the hook. We leave a total of 9 men on base and go 0-6 with RISP and couldn't even score one stinking run, but the scapegoat gets all the blame.

Enjoy your ridiculous witch hunt. I'm out of here for a few days...

dickallen15
06-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Pierre not being on base isn't why we lost, it's the guys who are paid to drive in runs who try to pull the ball out of the park when they should situationally hit.

You don't think the guy who gets the most ABs but doesn't get on base is a problem? Its not like he's throwing leather in LF. Viciedo would add a lot to the offense. I guess you like seeing guys make outs hitting the ball softly though.

There's no doubt Rios and Dunn have totally sucked this year, but what has Juan Pierre actually added to this team besides a significant payroll number?

soltrain21
06-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Now come on here. Had we had Kenny Lofton on his prime leading off for us today and gone 2-4 with 2 SBs, he would have scored 1 run. Then Cuddyer would have hit a homer to win it in extras.

It's ridiculous to let these guys who's primary job is to drive runs in off the hook. We leave a total of 9 men on base and go 0-6 with RISP, but the scapegoat gets all the blame.

Isn't Pierre's primary job to get on base? He doesn't do that. Or play the field well, or steal bases, or really do anything remotely well at all.

tstrike2000
06-16-2011, 04:27 PM
What the ****? I don't think any lineup combination Ozzie could ****ing throw out there would make a hell of a difference. The offense scored 1 run in 18 innings but go ahead and blame Ozzie for their ****ing incompetence.

As has been stated many times on WSI, have you not watched White Sox baseball since 2006?

SoxSpeed22
06-16-2011, 04:32 PM

It's ridiculous to let these guys who's primary job is to drive runs in off the hook. We leave a total of 9 men on base and go 0-6 with RISP, but the scapegoat gets all the blame.The problem is, the guys who's job is to drive in runs are the only ones getting on base. Konerko and AJ had 2 hits each, Quentin, Alexei and Dunn had 1 hit. Morel had a hit too, but the point is, you can't have a black hole in the top and bottom of the lineup if you want to score runs. Rios and Beckham killed us today.

doublem23
06-16-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't understand how we can beat Felix Hernandez and Michael Pineda in back-to-back games and then just lay down, LAY DOWN, againat Carl Pavano and Nick Blackburn.

****, this sport is super frustrating when your team is kind of good, but still not that good at the same time.

Foulke You
06-16-2011, 04:41 PM
I like Pierre, he works hard and I like guys who are fast, but you're right. He absolutely sucks. Were he stealing bases consistently I'd say he should stay. But now he can't even do that. It is time to see what Dayan can do.
When Pierre dropped that bunt down today to try to get a single, he looked as if he was running in quicksand. The Twins threw him out by plenty. He has simply lost a step, maybe two. He isn't even the fastest guy on the team anymore. Lillibridge is. Pierre is an "all speed" player has lost his speed. It's time to replace him.

I'm not letting Beckham off the hook today either. That hitch in his swing was back in a big way and as long as he has that, he won't catch up to the fastball. Capps threw him about 4 meatballs in that AB and he was late every time.

Chez
06-16-2011, 04:43 PM
FWIW, against RHP, I would put Dunn back in the 5 hole followed by Rios and A.J. Rios is killing us.

Foulke You
06-16-2011, 04:45 PM
FWIW, against RHP, I would put Dunn back in the 5 hole followed by Rios and A.J. Rios is killing us.
Agree. Dunn has looked better the last 6 games and has historically been a big run producer. AJ just isn't that type of hitter. Managers are never going to think twice about pitching around Paulie with AJ hitting behind him.

kittle42
06-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Your love of the St. Louis Cardinals from the original RBI Baseball knows no end...

kittle42
06-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Enjoy your ridiculous witch hunt. I'm out of here for a few days...

Looking forward to your return after a sterling Pierre 2-for-4 showing this weekend, proving that all he does is gold.

Hitmen77
06-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Ozzie heaps more praise on Gardenhire::giverose:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-sardines-solve-sox-20110616,0,4290960.story

"Gardy makes those guys play and play right. He gets the most out of his players...."

Wow, imagine a manager doing that. I thought a manager made no difference in how the players perform. If they continue to suck, there's nothing the manager can do to get more out of his players except for occasional media blow ups to "take heat off the players".

SI1020
06-16-2011, 04:59 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-sardines-solve-sox-20110616,0,4290960.story

"Gardy makes those guys play and play right. He gets the most out of his players...."

Wow, imagine a manager doing that. I thought a manager made no difference. Some folks here seem to think that.

Crestani
06-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Agree. Dunn has looked better the last 6 games and has historically been a big run producer. AJ just isn't that type of hitter. Managers are never going to think twice about pitching around Paulie with AJ hitting behind him.

OMG...How many more runners do you need to see stranded at third with less than two outs before you realize Dunn is not the answer..?? He couldn't even get the sacrifice fly today in the second inning that would have given the Sox the lead..!!

kittle42
06-16-2011, 05:14 PM
OMG...How many more runners do you need to see stranded at third with less than two outs before you realize Dunn is not the answer..?? He couldn't even get the sacrifice fly today in the second inning that would have given the Sox the lead..!!

He's right, though. We are not talking about whether Dunn has been "the answer" this season, but how to best use the players who we're stuck with. A manager will always (I know it's an oversimplication) go after AJ before going after Dunn. AJ should never really be hitting higher than 7th in any lineup. If he is, your team has issues. Like this team does.

Lip Man 1
06-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Mental ****ing midgets...every single one of them.

No vocal leadership, no stones, nothing...the Twins can piss all over them and they'll stand there and take it.

This team has no heart.

Lip

Dibbs
06-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Ozzie versus Gardy is the same as Coach Klein in The Waterboy versus Coach Red Beaulieu.

Ozzie needs to be fired. Certainly Walker should have been gone years ago.

JB98
06-16-2011, 05:17 PM

Konerko and Pierzynski had two hits each today. Quentin also reached twice. Too bad "table-setter" Juan wasn't on.

kittle42
06-16-2011, 05:20 PM

No vocal leadership, no stones, nothing...the Twins can piss all over them and they'll stand there and take it.

This team has no heart.

Lip

Yup. Heart and mental toughness are the problems.

We need grinders.

Medford Bobby
06-16-2011, 05:26 PM

This team has no heart.

Lip

I hope they don't bring their "spring training" mentality back here to Arizona.

I may be doing some major league booing at the game on Saturday!!:angry:

PalehosePlanet

We need grinders.

The Monterey Chicken grinders from Philly's Best?

Yes, yes we do.

SI1020

We need grinders. It's not the problem, just one of many.

Lip Man 1
06-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Kittle:

You can disregard it if you want. I don't. I think guys who will get in someone's face, not be afraid to start something with an opponent and are willing to stick their necks out because the 'status quo' isn't acceptable is very important.

The next WSI interview is with a former Sox player who talks about this very issue.

"Grinders" is insulting and patronizing to my comment. You need guys who can play AND have some stones. I'm pretty sure you realize that.

The Sox have had plenty of them in the past, you may have even heard about them...Fisk, Paciorek, Koosman, Landis, Hibbard, McDowell, Wynn, Rowand, Everett, Hernandez, Ozzie when he played, Ventura.

----------------------------------------

Now here's some more numbers to chew on (and then throw up...)

Sox have now scored three runs or less in 33 out of 70 games played. 47% OF THEIR GAMES!!!!!

Sox have now lost 9 games this year where they allowed three runs or less to an opponent.

Lip

LITTLE NELL
06-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Kittle:

You can disregard it if you want. I don't. I think guys who will get in someone's face, not be afraid to start something with an opponent and are willing to stick their necks out because the 'status quo' isn't acceptable is very important.

The next WSI interview is with a former Sox player who talks about this very issue.

"Grinders" is insulting and patronizing to my comment. You need guys who can play AND have some stones. I'm pretty sure you realize that.

The Sox have had plenty of them in the past, you may have even heard about them...Fisk, Paciorek, Koosman, Landis, Hibbard, McDowell, Wynn, Rowand, Everett, Hernandez, Ozzie when he played, Ventura.

----------------------------------------

Sox have now scored three runs or less in 33 out of 70 games played. 47% OF THEIR GAMES!!!!!

Sox have now lost 9 games this year where they allowed three runs or less to an opponent.

Lip

Lip, you left out #2 as a grinder.

Chez
06-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Lip, you left out #2 as a grinder.

Mike Andrews? :cool:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-16-2011, 06:04 PM
My first ever TBGR rightchere (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4137)

EDIT: Needs a little space-fixing, I noticed. Tried it myself, but I ended up making it worse.

Noneck
06-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Lip,

We have mentioned lack of leadership on this team for years. I find it hard to believe that a so called leader has not been available for the Sox to obtain. Maybe this would conflict with the ozwaldo show and anyone that has conflicted with this show has been shipped off. Why this is acceptable by ownership maybe can be figured out by your list of former Sox leaders. Most that are listed have or had disagreements with current ownership. Some have come back in the fold probably by kissing the ring. I hope your interview is not with one the former leaders that came back into the fold. This may give us some insight.

tstrike2000
06-16-2011, 06:06 PM

Wow, imagine a manager doing that. I thought a manager made no difference in how the players perform. If they continue to suck, there's nothing the manager can do to get more out of his players except for occasional media blow ups to "take heat off the players".

The Twins can go 0-144 against the rest of their schedule, but whenever they beat us during our 18 or so meetings, our organization will think Gardy is the greatest manager ever and have their lips permanently sewn to his ass.

JB98
06-16-2011, 06:10 PM
The Twins can go 0-144 against the rest of their schedule, but whenever they beat us during our 18 or so meetings, our organization will think Gardy is the greatest manager ever and have their lips permanently sewn to his ass.

Seriously. The Twins are in LAST ****ING PLACE. That means somebody is beating them, right?

Only Ozzie Guillen could think Ben Revere is a great player. Meanwhile, the Twins probably can't wait to get Span back.

palehozenychicty
06-16-2011, 06:15 PM
I guess that I will just have to write off our contests with the Twins. Clearly, they are on another level from us with their brilliant management that has multiple pennants and World Series rings. They generate stars on the farm and sign the best players in the game.

Wish it was in teal.

LITTLE NELL
06-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Mike Andrews? :cool:
No, I'm talking about Nellie. Andrews also wore #2. I still can't believe we gave Nellie's number to him.

chisox12
06-16-2011, 06:49 PM

This team has no heart.

Lip

This team is gutless.

TomParrish79
06-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Hire Orel Hershiser as our hitting coach.

johnnyg83
06-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Hire Orel Hershiser as our hitting coach.

Only if Tom Emansky isnt available

southsideirish71
06-16-2011, 08:04 PM
"Not a lot of teams are as aggressive one through nine as they are," Blackburn said. "They're all up there hacking, and that's pretty much what you're getting used to when you know you're about to face the White Sox."

From star tribune.com

From the twins point of view.

MetroPD
06-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Pretty awesome to see Rios and Dunn continuing to be a big part our of offense.

SOXSINCE'70
06-16-2011, 08:34 PM
The Twinkies continue to be the White Sox Kryptonite. Even Blackburn knows the team will swing and miss... a lot.:(:

I believe the teams have now played 33 contests since 2009.
The Twinks' record against the Sox in that span?? 27-6!!!! :angry::angry:
Something needs to change very soon.

But,knowing KW, it won't, and we'll be expected to believe everything is,to paraphrase an old 60's
tune by Lesley Gore, "Sunshine,Lollipops And Rainbows". The reality is, heads need to roll. NOW!!:mad:
I'm sick of losing to this ****ing team!! I wish the Sox cared
as much as the fans about losing to the ****ing Twinkies.:angry:

Lip Man 1
06-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Actually it's 27-7, but who's counting when the record is that dismal.

Lip

Sunnydre
06-16-2011, 09:20 PM
this might be the worst lost of the season for me..

Sox
06-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Why do the Sox have such a OCD obession with the Twins? It's not like the Sox can't beat these guys but somehow in their own minds the Sox are giving the Twinkies more credit than there due. Good Grief.

:notwinks

doublem23
06-16-2011, 09:55 PM

We need grinders.

If we had 9 Carl Everetts, we'd go 162-0. MARK IT DOWN.

doublem23
06-16-2011, 09:56 PM

Lip

That just means they're bad.

aloha
06-16-2011, 10:02 PM
sometimes you have to throw shutouts to win. that didn't happen, so they lost.

BainesHOF
06-16-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm not letting Beckham off the hook today either. That hitch in his swing was back in a big way and as long as he has that, he won't catch up to the fastball. Capps threw him about 4 meatballs in that AB and he was late every time.

Beckham has no chance for consistent success with that swing. None. Even Hawk has been criticizing his swing.

Yet, just like so much else on this team, nothing changes.

Foulke You
06-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Beckham has no chance for consistent success with that swing. None. Even Hawk has been criticizing his swing.

Yet, just like so much else on this team, nothing changes.
The odd thing is that Beckham seemed to make an adjustment right around the time of the Red Sox series at Fenway. He moved his hands back a bit and he looked more like his 2009 self. However, in the last 4 games, the hands are back in front of his face and he hitches his swing backwards before moving through the zone. By the time he does that, the fastball is past him. Check out this picture of Beckham in his Georgia Bulldogs days. Does this look anything like Beckham's current batting stance?

http://www.redandblack.com/media/stills/5vb15nzo.jpg

hi im skot
06-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Only if Tom Emansky isnt available

BACK TO BACK TO BACK AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS!

Glad I decided against making the trip to Arizona this weekend...

PushinWeight
06-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Wanted to add to the frustration that is the White Sox attempting to play baseball against the Twins. There is no plausible explanation to me for why they can not beat this team with any sort of consistency.

The Sox need to wake up and realize that there is nothing special about the Minnesota Twins, the Hump Dome, Target field, the twin-cities, and just play some ****ing baseball.

I did not watch either game of this series and have no interest in watching Sox v. Twins games in the future because a fan can only take so much of the same b.s.

hawkjt
06-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Whats weird is that the Twins ballpark is really built to fit a fast,bunting line drive team,which the Twins have become due to Kubel,Morneau and Mauers absence. So, they have actually profited from their stars being out,cus that place is cavernous. It does not fit the homer hitting team like the Sox at all....just blows. Just seems like the Sox cannot even hit the ball hard up there,let alone hit a homer.

Very frustrating. Bench Juan,Rios,Gordo,Omar,Morel,Dunn....bench them all and bring in the subs.

BringHomeDaBacon
06-16-2011, 11:35 PM
The odd thing is that Beckham seemed to make an adjustment right around the time of the Red Sox series at Fenway. He moved his hands back a bit and he looked more like his 2009 self. However, in the last 4 games, the hands are back in front of his face and he hitches his swing backwards before moving through the zone. By the time he does that, the fastball is past him. Check out this picture of Beckham in his Georgia Bulldogs days. Does this look anything like Beckham's current batting stance?

http://www.redandblack.com/media/stills/5vb15nzo.jpg

No. I did not even realize it was Beckham until I noticed the G and read your post. Nice call. Foulke Greg Walker.

ChiSoxGirl
06-16-2011, 11:46 PM
1 run in the last 18 innings and 0-4 now against THIS Minnesota team in 2011. What a disgrace, an absolute disgrace. Ozzie has little idea on how to utilize the roster properly, but Kenny, please keep telling us how great the ****ing coaching staff is.

I bet you're even happier now that Tuesday's game was rained out! At least you didn't have to sit through that **** in person!

Don't you mean Gardenhose? Seriously, I'm so sick of the man love gushing from Hawk and Ozzie for these Twins *******s. As JB98 said, they're in LAST ****ING PLACE, so the vast majority of teams are beating them. It's all mental with the Sox. 25 random WSIers could put on Twins uniforms and the Sox would crap their pants at the mere sight of us, swing at everything, and lose.

StillMissOzzie
06-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Another wasted game of great starting pitching.
Another game of wasted opportunities.
When is the last time these sucks scored with a runner on 3rd and less than two outs?
How long ago was it when TCM was launching all of those 2-out RBI hits?

What a disgraceful display of ineptitude against this AAAA Twinkie lineup? If they can be 4-0 against the Sox as they currently stand, what chance do they have when the Twinks are at full strength?
Rios had a brief flash of relevance, but that seems to have already faded into distant memory, going back to Sunday's game now.

At this point, I am ready to put Lillibeast in CF, move TCQ to LF, and call up Viciedo and try him out in RF. Any thing to break up this lethargy!

SMO
:gulp:

tstrike2000
06-17-2011, 12:02 AM
I bet you're even happier now that Tuesday's game was rained out! At least you didn't have to sit through that **** in person!

Yeah, if this is how they were going to place in Minnesota, there is that part of me that is glad mother nature took over. Still got to tour the ballpark for at least 90 minutes until it was officially postponed. Just 4 semi-automatic outs in the lineup rearing their ugly heads again. For an offense to be this bad for close to 3 months is ridiculous.

ChiSoxGirl
06-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah, if this is how they were going to place in Minnesota, there is that part of me that is glad mother nature took over. Still got to tour the ballpark for at least 90 minutes until it was officially postponed. Just 4 semi-automatic outs in the lineup rearing their ugly heads again. For an offense to be this bad for close to 3 months is ridiculous.

The best thing that happened was the game getting rained out. Just think of how aggravated you would've been had you watched that crapfest in person...!

Lip Man 1
06-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Buehrle in the post game story with Gonzo used that phrase again....yep he "tipped his cap" to the Twins.

:mad:

Lip

tstrike2000
06-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Buehrle in the post game story with Gonzo used that phrase again....yep he "tipped his cap" to the Twins.

:mad:

Lip

Hey, tipping their caps and letting a **** team walk all over them is working wonders.

Nellie_Fox
06-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Watch - this will be the catalyst those morons need to catch fire and move up in the standings....right past us. :angry:I hesititate to post this, because I know that someone will immediately accuse me of saying something I didn't say, but are you aware that the Twins were 9-2 in their last 11 games BEFORE the Sox came to town? If they CONTINUE to be hot, it won't be because they took two from the Sox.

slavko
06-17-2011, 01:51 AM
No. I did not even realize it was Beckham until I noticed the G and read your post. Nice call. Foulke Greg Walker.

Right about the hitch. Not sure where in the swing sequence that picture is taken. It's not the at rest position. He sure looks ready to hit, regardless. I thought he was ruined before his latest remission. With the current relapse, ruined is back in play.

Noneck
06-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Right about the hitch. Not sure where in the swing sequence that picture is taken. It's not the at rest position. He sure looks ready to hit, regardless. I thought he was ruined before his latest remission. With the current relapse, ruined is back in play.

Any kid his age that cant turn on a fastball has some major problems.

Foulke You
06-17-2011, 02:11 AM
Below is a pic of Beckham at the rest position from his Bulldogs days. I'm not a hitting expert but I can see enough to notice the position of his hands relative to where he holds them lately during his relapse into badness. Lately the hands are closer to his face and it seems to feed into that bad hitch of his. When he arrived here in 2009, he did not have that hitch and hit most fastballs in the zone with authority to Right Center. The hitch prevents him from catching up to it. In this pic, his hands are noticeably further back and he seems to have a wider stance:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0602/ncaa_i_beckham_200.jpg

SoxSpeed22
06-17-2011, 02:15 AM
We should link the last few posts to Beckham in a retweet. :redneck

SI1020
06-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Beckham had a nice fluid compact swing at Georgia. Now with that hitch you just want to cover your eyes, it's too painful to watch. Failure is almost inevitable. Why can't his hitting coach notice this and work to correct it? Or even worse did someone change his stance?

Chez
06-17-2011, 08:47 AM
No, I'm talking about Nellie. Andrews also wore #2. I still can't believe we gave Nellie's number to him.

Obviously (as if your screen name wasn't just a bit of a clue). Teal was implied -- though Andrews was mildly grindy! :smile:

aryzner
06-17-2011, 08:56 AM
3 runs scored in 4 games against the Twins this season.

2 of those games, no runs.

Yikes.

guillensdisciple
06-17-2011, 09:11 AM
I hesititate to post this, because I know that someone will immediately accuse me of saying something I didn't say, but are you aware that the Twins were 9-2 in their last 11 games BEFORE the Sox came to town? If they CONTINUE to be hot, it won't be because they took two from the Sox.

I keep on saying this. You can't be oblivious to the fact that they have been playing well in their recent games and they are only getting healthier.

Fisk Fan
06-17-2011, 10:21 AM
I just want to know if being called "Sardines" is a good thing or bad? I thought "Sardines" were dead little minnows in a metal tin filled with oil and mustard flavor? Can someone explain?

The Immigrant
06-17-2011, 11:07 AM
I just want to know if being called "Sardines" is a good thing or bad? I thought "Sardines" were dead little minnows in a metal tin filled with oil and mustard flavor? Can someone explain?

Not sure about "sardines" but I'm pretty sure that "circus midgets" is not a complimentary term.

http://twitter.com/#!/CSNChi_Beatnik/status/81459828492468224

Lip Man 1
06-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Ozzie says Sox hitters have "bad approach" at the plate:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/5998739-419/1-0-loss-underscores-white-sox-futility-against-twins-pitching.html

OK...now that we got that out of the way, what does the organization DO about it?

Lip

DirtySox
06-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Ozzie says Sox hitters have "bad approach" at the plate

Lip

Nick Blackburn said the same thing after the game.

TheOldRoman
06-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Nick Blackburn said the same thing after the game.You'd think the Sox would employ someone to coach the hitters on their approach at the plate.

TheOldRoman
06-17-2011, 12:01 PM
From the twins point of view.That fits right in with the quote from some scrub on the A's or Rangers last year who, after bedazzling the Sox offense, replied to a question about what adjustments he made throughout that game with, "I was waiting for them to adjust. I would have made adjustments if the hitters did, but they they never changed anything, so I kept getting them out the same way."

SoxSpeed22
06-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Who knew a team with good scouting can figure out something that most of us have seen all year?
The refusal to change what isn't working, even though it is clearly noticeable, is what is going to keep us from going very far.

tstrike2000
06-17-2011, 12:32 PM
You'd think the Sox would employ someone to coach the hitters on their approach at the plate.

About all I can think of is that Walk is drugging Kenny and Ozzie's drinks. Other than that, I see no other reasonable explanation for him being here.

rcescato
06-17-2011, 02:04 PM
The Twins, no matter where they are in the standings, always own the Sox. Pick a venue, doesn't matter, whenever the Sox and Twins play, very likely the Twins will win. Pathetic.

Its really pathetic!! Dunklemen, revere, and who ever else they find are born sox killers. Why dont we play there rookie league team we might have a shot at winning a game.

JB98
06-17-2011, 02:22 PM
That fits right in with the quote from some scrub on the A's or Rangers last year who, after bedazzling the Sox offense, replied to a question about what adjustments he made throughout that game with, "I was waiting for them to adjust. I would have made adjustments if the hitters did, but they they never changed anything, so I kept getting them out the same way."

That really cuts right to the heart of why this team is 38-51 against AL Central opponents since Opening Day 2010. There are no secrets when you play a team 18 times a year. You have to adjust constantly to stay one step ahead of an opponent that knows you inside and out. The Sox record suggests they aren't the most well-prepared group in the world in that regard.

Detroit is kicking ass in divisional games. If that continues, I assume the Tigers win this thing. The Twins kicked ass in divisional games a year ago, and that is why they won the division.

Foulke You
06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
That really cuts right to the heart of why this team is 38-51 against AL Central opponents since Opening Day 2010. There are no secrets when you play a team 18 times a year. You have to adjust constantly to stay one step ahead of an opponent that knows you inside and out. The Sox record suggests they aren't the most well-prepared group in the world in that regard.

Detroit is kicking ass in divisional games. If that continues, I assume the Tigers win this thing. The Twins kicked ass in divisional games a year ago, and that is why they won the division.
The evidence you present is circumstantial but it is very compelling. It could also explain our insanely good track record against NL teams. Besides being slightly inferior competition, their pitchers don't really know how our lineup is and they don't attack us like AL Central pitchers do.

GoSox2K3
06-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Nick Blackburn said the same thing after the game.

That fits right in with the quote from some scrub on the A's or Rangers last year who, after bedazzling the Sox offense, replied to a question about what adjustments he made throughout that game with, "I was waiting for them to adjust. I would have made adjustments if the hitters did, but they they never changed anything, so I kept getting them out the same way."

Damn, if only there was a way for the Sox to employ someone who would work effectively with the hitters on this problem. I think the people these days call this kind of interaction "coaching".

I have also heard some outlandish suggestions that it's not good enough for this so-called "coach" to simply tell someone to make adjustments. Rather, they actually - you know - need to be effective in "getting through" to the hitter.

But that's just crazy talk. Let's just keep turning over our roster over a 5 or 7 year period, see the same results with the exception of 1 season, and say the coaches are doing a great job.

palehozenychicty
06-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Well, now that Ozzie concluded our team isn't being coached properly, then everyone can feel better about booting him and the staff. Then we can boot KW up to team president. I can live with this arrangement.

Oh, and Fire Walker! :D: