PDA

View Full Version : Give The Kids A Chance

Rwhitesox
07-09-2002, 04:13 PM
With the Sox falling quickly and a strike looming it is time to put the prospects in Comiskey, Crede has to start getting some At-Bats. What do we have to lose. Joe Borchard also deserves a shot. Edwin Almonte can't be any more inconsistent than Foulke or Osuna, so what do we have to lose? Baseball Weekly ranked our minor league orginization 30th in their last issue, thats dead last! Trading Thomas might help restock a little. Ginter should be a starter, once again we have nothing to lose by experimenting a little. :chicago

delben91
07-09-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Rwhitesox
Baseball Weekly ranked our minor league orginization 30th in their last issue, thats dead last! Trading Thomas might help restock a little. Ginter should be a starter, once again we have nothing to lose by experimenting a little. :chicago

What were the criteria that we ranked dead last? I can understand being in the lower half, even in the lower third, but dead last?

Oh, and welcome to the board. :gulp:

Rwhitesox
07-09-2002, 04:24 PM
The exact words of Baseball Weekly were:
"Vaunted arms disappoint, several major league-ready bats are saving grace...Good speedsters throughout the minors but little else worth mentioning"

soxtalker
07-09-2002, 04:26 PM
Baseball Weekly ranked our minor league orginization 30th in their last issue, thats dead last!

Oh, no!

One can always debate the criteria, but this is an indication of how much KW has destroyed this system with so little return. Two years ago BA considered us the #1 system.

Daver
07-09-2002, 04:31 PM
You will not see anyone not on the forty man roster brought up unless there is an agreement on a new CBA.

soxtalker
07-09-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by daver
You will not see anyone not on the forty man roster brought up unless there is an agreement on a new CBA.

Daver, I agree. Now, let's assume that the Sox are somehow able to pull off a trade of one or more of the veterans for minor league prospects. They then have to move one or two people onto the 40-man roster to fill the vacated positions. Who is next in line in our minor league system? In a normal year that would be the next most likely prospects to be brought up to the majors. This year it is a question of which minor leaguers you are willing to have sit out.

MattSharp
07-09-2002, 09:35 PM
"Vaunted arms disappoint..."

So true. So very true......

Jerry_Manuel
07-09-2002, 10:03 PM
"Vaunted arms disappoint,

Originally posted by MattSharp
So true. So very true......

What? You mean guys like Garland, Wells, Fogg, Buehrle, and sorta Ginter? They had a ton of hyped up guys, and if 2 or 3 of them turn out to be good, you got something.

Iguana775
07-09-2002, 11:23 PM
i think that if there will be an impending strike, everyone that is on the 40-man roster should be given a chance to play. well maybe not every player but people like crede, harris, hummell, rauch, etc... get rid of ray, clayton, jose, kenny, ritchie. not sure how the union would like if we just dump those guys right before a strike though.

doublem23
07-09-2002, 11:44 PM
I gotta agree with JM here. I don't think its the pitchers fault for dissappointing when they have to work with the Lord of the Labrums out there.

:nardi
Your arm hurts? So what? Throw a ****ing strike!

Jerry_Manuel
07-10-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I gotta agree with JM here. I don't think its the pitchers fault for dissappointing when they have to work with the Lord of the Labrums out there.

My only point was this, if you have a group of 12 pitchers and 3 or 4 out of 12 make it, that's not bad.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-10-2002, 05:06 PM
With the Sox falling quickly and a strike looming it is time to put the prospects in Comiskey, Crede has to start getting some At-Bats. What do we have to lose. Joe Borchard also deserves a shot. Edwin Almonte can't be any more inconsistent than Foulke or Osuna, so what do we have to lose? Baseball Weekly ranked our minor league orginization 30th in their last issue, thats dead last! Trading Thomas might help restock a little. Ginter should be a starter, once again we have nothing to lose by experimenting a little. :chicago

Well, 30th isnt good.

oh but we have jim parque and damon buford playing on our AAA team. they are part of the minor league org.