PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Cubs June 20-22 Not Sold Out

ShooterMcGavin
06-15-2011, 05:27 PM
I saw an advertisement on whitesox.com about how tickets are still available for the Sox/Cubs series at Comiskey June 20-22. I did a quick ticketmaster search and discovered there are plenty of tickets available, including desirable seating locations like behind home plate and club level.

I always remember these Sox/Cubs series selling out at Comiskey in past seasons. I'm guessing it's not the case this year since 1) Some Cubs fans might not want to watch a poor Cubs team lose to the Sox and 2) The increased ticket prices for this series. Perhaps the Sox overestimated the demand for the series and should lower the ticket price for next season.

dllrbll7
06-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Its also a weekday game which doesnt help. But mainly I think its the increased price and the crappy play of the northside team all season.

I'm sure the sox could have sold all of them if they would have released all of these from the start.

DumpJerry
06-15-2011, 05:41 PM
They do this every year for this series. There is always a holdback of tickets.

Foulke You
06-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Yep. As of yesterday, there were no tickets available to the Monday game. They must have just released them today.

doublem23
06-15-2011, 06:40 PM

Yeah, all teams do this. There's plenty of tickets left for the Yankees/Cubs series at Wrigley this weekend, as well. Hold back some tickets and create an artificial lack of supply.

Herbal
06-16-2011, 02:21 PM
These games were also sweeteners for in-season Ozzie Plan ticket sales.

Dan H
06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
I wish it wasn't sold out. They can keep their stinking BP Cup. It is most worthless trophy in sports.

I always want the Sox to beat the Cubs because I can't stand the Cubs. Of course, the games also count in standings. But what good does it do to beat the Cubs if the Sox can't beat the Twins and Tigers? And I can't stand when people say there is a playoff atmosphere at these games. These are not playoff games and neither team is going to the playoffs. These games are over hyped. If these two clubs want a real rivalry, how about they compete to build a real winning tradition? Then you can have a rivalry.

kittle42
06-16-2011, 05:34 PM
These games are over hyped. If these two clubs want a real rivalry, how about they compete to build a real winning tradition? Then you can have a rivalry.

How about a race to the bottom? They both seem pretty good at that.

Brian26
06-16-2011, 06:35 PM
I think the Cubs vs Sox rivalry peaked around 2004. The series was red hot in the first half of the decade, but the games lost much of their meaning after the Sox won the race to the World Series.

central44
06-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Oh man, I was thinking the games were at Wrigley first this year. This is disappointing...I was hoping to see the Sox clinch the BP Cup at home.:(:

(My laptop is doing a weird black and white thing, hence the lack of teal. I kind of hope I didnt need to say that).

Dan H
06-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Oh man, I was thinking the games were at Wrigley first this year. This is disappointing...I was hoping to see the Sox clinch the BP Cup at home.:(:

(My laptop is doing a weird black and white thing, hence the lack of teal. I kind of hope I didnt need to say that).

This is good, really good.:D: