PDA

View Full Version : Genesis of Konerko's Frustration

34 Inch Stick
07-09-2002, 01:59 PM
Konerko indicated that Frank has failed as a teamate, yet this was the first incident I can remember this year. Is the team angry with Frank because he was a no show last season after the injury? He could have showed up to some of the home games even if he was rehabbing.

Daver
07-09-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Konerko indicated that Frank has failed as a teamate, yet this was the first incident I can remember this year. Is the team angry with Frank because he was a no show last season after the injury? He could have showed up to some of the home games even if he was rehabbing.

He was re-habbing in Los Angeles.

Jerry_Manuel
07-09-2002, 02:23 PM
Depending on what you want to believe J-Hood from the Score, thinks that some of this is from when Frank didn't slide in Minnesota.

LongDistanceFan
07-09-2002, 04:09 PM
Konerko indicated that Frank has failed as a teamate, yet this was the first incident I can remember this year. Is the team angry with Frank because he was a no show last season after the injury? He could have showed up to some of the home games even if he was rehabbing. maybe it is about how he walked out of spring training and he refuse to do a running test of some sorts.......... or maybe its a accumulation of all the little things we don't know of.

34 Inch Stick
07-09-2002, 05:03 PM
There is something more to all of this than just this weekend and it seems more personal than it needs to be (Does Frank's ex own one of those Cindy Sandberg corncob specials). I really hope Jerry Manuel and Kenny address this immediately on Thursday and the story dies. I would love to see both of them here for the rest of their careers.

Jerry_Manuel
07-09-2002, 05:08 PM
I would love to see both of them here for the rest of their careers.

The problem is that while Konerko is really the only one making comments, there's more than a few players in there who don't like Thomas.

That clubhouse is going to go thru a complete overhaul in the next few seasons. With guys like Borchard, Crede, Hummel, Harris, Olivo, Rauch, Malone, and others coming in within 2 years.

chisoxt
07-09-2002, 05:20 PM
ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Thomas has displayed on several occasions, bouts of selfishness, and poor team play. People forget how last year, he set a very negative tone to the spring camp when he so childishly walked out because he was happy with his contract. This set the team back and it set Frank back. Injury or no injury, he was having a terrible season when he got hurt and I believe, there were no gurantees that he was going to turn his year around, even if he was healthy.

kevingrt
07-09-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

The problem is that while Konerko is really the only one making comments, there's more than a few players in there who don't like Thomas.

That clubhouse is going to go thru a complete overhaul in the next few seasons. With guys like Borchard, Crede, Hummel, Harris, Olivo, Rauch, Malone, and others coming in within 2 years.

Add Royce "The Choice" Ring to that group...