PDA

View Full Version : Sox Advance Parking Question

Foulke You
06-14-2011, 06:06 PM
I used the WSI search engine and couldn't find the answer to this question so I apologize if it has been covered before. Can you buy Sox parking passes for a game ahead of time? I'm going to the crosstown series on Monday and plan on getting there earlier for tailgating. I was thinking about trying to buy a parking pass a few days early to try and save time and perhaps circumvent the long cash parking lines. Has anyone done this before? I know the "red" passes are usually for season ticket holders and green is for cash, I think. Do they sell the passes at the box office? Anyway, if someone can share their parking lot knowledge with me, I'd be an appreciative Sox fan. :cool:

DumpJerry
06-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Nope. Even if you had a pass, you would be in the same line as those with the green coupons to get into the lot.

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2011, 08:10 PM
The best advice I can give you is to either keep your eyes peeled in the WSI Ticket Exchange (sometimes posters sell or give away parking passes), or buy one at Stubhub.

dllrbll7
06-14-2011, 10:34 PM
I used the WSI search engine and couldn't find the answer to this question so I apologize if it has been covered before. Can you buy Sox parking passes for a game ahead of time? I'm going to the crosstown series on Monday and plan on getting there earlier for tailgating. I was thinking about trying to buy a parking pass a few days early to try and save time and perhaps circumvent the long cash parking lines. Has anyone done this before? I know the "red" passes are usually for season ticket holders and green is for cash, I think. Do they sell the passes at the box office? Anyway, if someone can share their parking lot knowledge with me, I'd be an appreciative Sox fan. :cool:

They do sell the green ones from the box office. You can buy the red ones on stubhub now I believe and print at home. I have never done it but I have gotten the email from the sox that it can be done.

Foulke You
06-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

Harry Potter
06-15-2011, 07:50 AM
It's a two-folded question.

1. Yes, you can purchase advance parking passes to avoid being turned away from lots that don't accept cash.

2. But you still need to wait in the long lines with both cash and parking pass holders.

SoxFan78
06-15-2011, 10:20 AM

1. Yes, you can purchase advance parking passes to avoid being turned away from lots that don't accept cash.

2. But you still need to wait in the long lines with both cash and parking pass holders.

I agree with these two points. I recommend that if you plan on tailgating get to the lots at least 3 hours before the start of the game. Lines will probably not be obnoxious and you should get in without any drama.

Anything less then 2 hours and it's gonna be bad getting into the lots, pass or no pass.

ghostface36
06-15-2011, 10:48 AM
if i were you i'd try and get there without having to drive! w/ the metra coming into atleast union from many area's i'd take that then get on the red line

Chez
06-15-2011, 11:18 AM
if i were you i'd try and get there without having to drive! w/ the metra coming into atleast union from many area's i'd take that then get on the red line

Good advice but the OP wants to tailgate! Hard to drag a grill, cooler etc. on Metra.

amsteel
06-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Just a comment on parking:

I arrived to the OAK game last friday during the bottom of the 1st and lot L from 39th and lot G from 35th were closed and I was directed to lot C.

With an announced attendance of 20K I'm sure they weren't full. Seems a bit early to be closing the gates.

Foulke You
06-15-2011, 03:01 PM

If I buy a green pass ahead of time, is there a certain lot I have to go to or will all the lots (with the exception of red) let me in?

yazz32
06-15-2011, 03:07 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/driving_directions.jsp

This might help. Refer under the Green Coupons Section
I believe Green Coupon allows you only in Lot F or L normally unless
you show up very early like others have mentioned.

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-15-2011, 03:30 PM

This is true. If you there very early, they will let you in Lot E.

Foulke You
06-15-2011, 04:40 PM

This has a lot of good info, thanks. I checked the website under "P" for parking and this information was not listed. Weird that it is under driving directions instead.

#1swisher
06-17-2011, 12:53 PM
White Sox Press Release

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20110616&content_id=20609526&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Foulke You
06-17-2011, 01:44 PM
I ended up getting a green parking pass yesterday at the box office window. The guy at the counter told me they were almost sold out of them already. Thanks for all the useful information from everyone on this thread. Cheers to all of you! :cheers:

ghostface36
06-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Good advice but the OP wants to tailgate! Hard to drag a grill, cooler etc. on Metra.
oh damn i didn't read that part lol my gf lives 3 blocks away so i always walk, id try my hardest to befriend someone from the neighborhood and just walk to the parkin lot then get blackout

WestSider
06-20-2011, 03:41 PM
They do sell the green ones from the box office. You can buy the red ones on stubhub now I believe and print at home. I have never done it but I have gotten the email from the sox that it can be done.
I went to Stubhub to sell my GREEN parking pass for Tuesday's game vs. Cubs but they do not have a capability to list an "e-parking pass" (Printable at home), only the paper passes, and those can't be listed just a few days before the game. I'll throw mine up on the ticket exchange here.