PDA

View Full Version : Predicting the series: Sox @ Twinkies

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2011, 01:07 PM
The Twins have been on a nice roll. But, our Sox have been playing better the past month. It would be nice to keep the Twins from getting within striking distance of us in the standings, so this is a big series. How do you see it panning out?

aryzner
06-14-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm feeling confident.

Sox take 2 of 3.

miker
06-14-2011, 01:10 PM
I never have a good feeling when we go to Minnesota.

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm feeling confident.

Sox take 2 of 3.

I never have a good feeling when we go to Minnesota.
Right on with both of you...I think the Sox will take 2 of 3, because it's the Twins...One game probably will be given away.

KMcMahon817
06-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Playing the Twins always scares me. I have always had a little more riding on it as I have lived in MN most of my life, and the majority of my close friends are Twinkie fans.

I'll be at the game tonight, cheering loud and hard for our SOX. I think the SOX are the better team, especially since half of the Twins lineup should be playing everyday for the Rochester Red Wings. However, I predict that something goofy will happen and the Twins will find some piranha-esque way of winning a game in the 9th.

SOX take 2 of 3 in Minneapolis and head down to Phoenix to begin Interleague play right on the heels of the Wahoos and Kittens.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-14-2011, 01:21 PM
I have to go with Minnesota taking 2/3. They've done no less since 2009.

I'm going with that until the Sox can prove they can beat them.

russ99
06-14-2011, 01:22 PM
We seem to be executing better on offense.

As for the Twins, we miss Liriano's turn, their pitching has been poor this year, Mauer is still out and Morneau is coming off the DL with a wrist injury.

To continue the string, Sox go 2 of 3.

BTW - props on the "Oney will tweet about getting attacked by the giant churro" poll option. Hilarious! I can almost see him doing that...

getonbckthr
06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I never feel good playing in Minnesota

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Playing the Twins always scares me. I have always had a little more riding on it as I have lived in MN most of my life, and the majority of my close friends are Twinkie fans.

I'll be at the game tonight, cheering loud and hard for our SOX. I think the SOX are the better team, especially since half of the Twins lineup should be playing everyday for the Rochester Red Wings. However, I predict that something goofy will happen and the Twins will find some piranha-esque way of winning a game in the 9th.

SOX take 2 of 3 in Minneapolis and head down to Phoenix to begin Interleague play right on the heels of the Wahoos and Kittens.
What made you a Sox fan, then? Parental influence?

It's too bad that it doesn't matter who's in their lineup this last decade...They've still owned us.

JB98
06-14-2011, 01:26 PM
I voted that Ozzie will tip his cap to Gardy. That's the only thing I'm certain of in this series. A lot of time will be spent giving the Twins an excessive amount of respect. A lot of time will be spent giving Gardy and his brilliant 6-21 postseason record an excessive amount of respect. Those things will happen no matter the outcome of the games.

The White Sox were 32-40 against division opponents last year. This year, they are 6-9. We talk a lot about how horse**** the division is, and how that gives us a reason for hope that this very average Sox team can win this year. Well, maybe that will happen if the Sox start beating the horse**** teams in the division, such as this horse**** Minnesota club. But I haven't seen any evidence yet that the Sox can do it.

And make no mistake about it, the Twins are a steaming pile of horse****. They are crappy. They are perpetual losers. If the Sox allow these clowns to punch them in the mouth and take their lunch money again, then shame on them.

sunofgold
06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
We have to play better in Minnesota. We have lost 22 out of our last 28 games in Minnesota.

The Twins won't have Mauer, Span, Thome, Kubel. We have to take 2 out of three. Now it the best time to reverse the trends.

KMcMahon817
06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
What made you a Sox fan, then? Parental influence?

It's too bad that it doesn't matter who's in their lineup this last decade...They've still owned us.

Born on the South Side. Dad is die hard fan...and just grew up watching the SOX most summer nights.

asindc
06-14-2011, 01:30 PM
I voted that Ozzie will tip his cap to Gardy. That's the only thing I'm certain of in this series. A lot of time will be spent giving the Twins an excessive amount of respect. A lot of time will be spent giving Gardy and his brilliant 6-21 postseason record an excessive amount of respect. Those things will happen no matter the outcome of the games.

The White Sox were 32-40 against division opponents last year. This year, they are 6-9. We talk a lot about how horse**** the division is, and how that gives us a reason for hope that this very average Sox team can win this year. Well, maybe that will happen if the Sox start beating the horse**** teams in the division, such as this horse**** Minnesota club. But I haven't seen any evidence yet that the Sox can do it.

And make no mistake about it, the Twins are a steaming pile of horse****. They are crappy. They are perpetual losers. If the Sox allow these clowns to punch them in the mouth and take their lunch money again, then shame on them.

Damn right!! With that said, I'm predicting a Sox sweep. For all the clamoring of some Sox fans for the team to get over its 'Twinkee anxiety,' I think some fellow Sox fans would do well to heed their own advice.

Mohoney
06-14-2011, 01:58 PM

Beautiful post. Beat this pile of crap team already.

Moses_Scurry
06-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Sweep!!!!

With Detroit playing Cleveland, a sweep is the only way to not lose ground on either of them.

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Sweep!!!!

With Detroit playing Cleveland, a sweep is the only way to not lose ground on either of them.
Not so. If we take 2 of 3, and the Cleveland/Detroit series is played out the same, we gain a game on the team winning 1 game and keep pace with the team winning 2 games.

SoxSpeed22
06-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Until this team can get their heads out of their asses regarding the perfect at everything Twins, I won't expect much.
If they keep trying not to lose, while waiting for something bad to happen, then they'll just repeat what's been going on.

whitesox4eva
06-14-2011, 02:16 PM
We have to play better in Minnesota. We have lost 22 out of our last 28 games in Minnesota.

The Twins won't have Mauer, Span, Thome, Kubel. We have to take 2 out of three. Now it the best time to reverse the trends.

This. :thumbsup:

Foulke You
06-14-2011, 02:43 PM
their pitching has been poor this year,
The starting pitching has been better lately for the Twins but their achilles heel all season has been their bullpen. They have blown more leads than any other bullpen in the AL this year. Guerrier, Crain, Rauch, and Mahay aren't there to shut the door on us this year. Nathan has been hittable and Capps doesn't ever scare me. The Sox need to have good ABs and run up the pitch counts of the Twins starters to get into that tender Twinkee bullpen.

Foulke You
06-14-2011, 02:44 PM

Excellent post.

Nellie_Fox
06-14-2011, 03:02 PM
The Twins won't have Mauer, Span, Thome, Kubel.Mauer may be back on Thursday; he's on a rehab in A ball right now.

WhiteSox5187
06-14-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't feel confident against the Twins. The White Sox haven't given me any reason to feel confident against the Twins and this year I am seldom confident in a Sox victory regardless of who the opponent is.

Sox
06-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Damn right!! With that said, I'm predicting a Sox sweep. For all the clamoring of some Sox fans for the team to get over its 'Twinkee anxiety,' I think some fellow Sox fans would do well to heed their own advice.

That's what I voted for and I believe that this is the Sox year to do that exactly. :gosox:

sunofgold
06-14-2011, 08:14 PM
a rainout of game 1. We better win tomorrow.

pipdipchip
06-15-2011, 12:16 AM
Mauer may be back on Thursday; he's on a rehab in A ball right now.

It looks like Mauer won't be back until Friday or possibly later. Morneau was went to the DL. Infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka and pitcher Glen Perkins might be back for Wednesday or Thursdays games. Nishioka is still fairly unproven but Perkins was one of Minnesota's better bullpen pitchers before being sent to the DL with an ERA of 1.59 in 22 games.

FielderJones
06-15-2011, 02:09 PM
a rainout of game 1. We better win tomorrow.

Looks like (http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/55403) a rainout today is not outside the realm of possibility. Would they do a DH on Thursday?

The Immigrant
06-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Looks like (http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/55403) a rainout today is not outside the realm of possibility. Would they do a DH on Thursday?

I think MLB rules prohibit doubleheaders on getaway days.

jdm2662
06-15-2011, 03:12 PM

Doutful since the Sox go back there two other times this season.

sunofgold
06-15-2011, 03:52 PM
DHs in the future. In Minnesota. And by then they will have at least a few more players back from DL. Would like to get today's game in there.

chisoxfanatic
06-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Has anyone else thought that this feels like the all star break?

Sox
06-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Has anyone else thought that this feels like the all star break?

Not yet anyway...:wink: