PDA

View Full Version : Any one going to the games in az next weekend june 17 18 19 2011?

chidavid18
06-10-2011, 08:39 PM
I now live in scottdale az and if there is any others that live here or are comeing here for the games and want to meet up at the me games let me know.

SephClone89
06-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Do you live near Paul Konerko's 16,000 square foot home?

Medford Bobby
06-10-2011, 08:48 PM
My buddy and I are aiming toward next Saturday's game and make the trip ALL THE WAY UP to Phoenix!:D:

MarySwiss
06-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Not sure. Just when I think I will, they turn around and lose and piss me off. :angry:

It'll probably be a last-minute decision.

chisoxfanatic
06-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Not sure. Just when I think I will, they turn around and lose and piss me off. :angry:

It'll probably be a last-minute decision.
You should go regardless, Mary! How often are you able to see the Sox play regular season games in your back yard?

MarySwiss
06-11-2011, 12:10 PM
You should go regardless, Mary! How often are you able to see the Sox play regular season games in your back yard?

That's true, Heather. The problem is, that would be the only reason I'd be going. I really hate to drop my hard-earned cash on a team that's underperforming. Two halfway-decent seats and a couple of beers and we're talking well over $100.

And overall, I believe this team is much better than they're showing us and should be winning consistently.

MarySwiss
06-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Okay, I'm in. Just bought two for next Sunday's game out here. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Okay, I'm in. Just bought two for next Sunday's game out here. :cool:
Oh no! If they ever struggle in a weekend series, it seems they do the struggling on Sundays! Hope that's not the case next weekend!

MarySwiss
06-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh no! If they ever struggle in a weekend series, it seems they do the struggling on Sundays! Hope that's not the case next weekend!
I really never thought about that, Heather. I'm more worried about the upcoming Twinkies series. I'm hoping that, against all odds, the Sox are playing for at least a share of first place on Sunday! GO SOX!!! :D:

kjhanson
06-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I really never thought about that, Heather. I'm more worried about the upcoming Twinkies series. I'm hoping that, against all odds, the Sox are playing for at least a share of first place on Sunday! GO SOX!!! :D:

By Sunday? That would be one heckuva turnaround. Let's get it done!

chisoxfanatic
06-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Would you tell Ozzie to not put out his typical Sunday lineup? :wink:

PeteWard
06-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Would you tell Ozzie to not put out his typical Sunday lineup? :wink:

You will get to see Gavin Floyd hit :o: so that is one aspect that will be atypical.

I just hope for your sake that Konerko is not being rested. He is red hot. It's a righty for AZ so maybe Ozzie will try to work Dunn in for one of the three games. It might be Sunday.

chisoxfanatic
06-13-2011, 10:39 AM
You will get to see Gavin Floyd hit :o: so that is one aspect that will be atypical.

I just hope for your sake that Konerko is not being rested. He is red hot. It's a righty for AZ so maybe Ozzie will try to work Dunn in for one of the three games. It might be Sunday.
These bats really seem to be coming around, and now we have interleague games starting up soon...I know this happens every year, but it still sucks.

PeteWard
06-13-2011, 10:43 AM
These bats really seem to be coming around, and now we have interleague games starting up soon...I know this happens every year, but it still sucks.

If the results are like last year's IL games, I will be very happy.

Medford Bobby
06-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Planning for Saturday game! See ya there for a WSI impromptu beer bash.....:gulp:

Also what does Stub Hub charge for service for a couple of tickets....?:scratch:

Dirty30
06-13-2011, 08:34 PM
I'll be there all 3. Stubhub has some awesome deals, fyi.

Medford Bobby
06-13-2011, 08:36 PM
I'll be there all 3. Stubhub has some awesome deals, fyi.
Yes they do...so I'm pondering the service but have never used them...

Dirty30
06-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Yes they do...so I'm pondering the service but have never used them...

I always use them. No lie, at least 100 times for the Sox, Bulls, Hawks, etc. They are nothing but helpful anytime I have had an issue, which was once, maybe twice. That's how I got all three of my games for AZ.

Medford Bobby
06-13-2011, 08:45 PM
I always use them. No lie, at least 100 times for the Sox, Bulls, Hawks, etc. They are nothing but helpful anytime I have had an issue, which was once, maybe twice. That's how I got all three of my games for AZ.
H'mmm..thanks for the info, checking tickets for Saturday now!!

boiker
06-13-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm going to be there on Friday and Sunday.

Friday: Section 132, Row 1.

Sunday: TBD. I'll be taking the kids (and the in-laws visiting from Chicago) so it may be upper deck or outfield seating.

I'll check the thread towards the end of the week to see what's up.

soxlady8
06-13-2011, 11:34 PM
wishes I could go to Arizona this weekend , but cannot :(
for those of you going or are in the area and are attending already have a wonderful time !!!!

Medford Bobby
06-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Got my tix to sit in bleachers down left feild line at 8 bucks a piece for Saturday!! GO SOX....please be 500 on Saturday!!:wink:

MarySwiss
06-15-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm going to be there on Friday and Sunday.

Friday: Section 132, Row 1.

Sunday: TBD. I'll be taking the kids (and the in-laws visiting from Chicago) so it may be upper deck or outfield seating.

I'll check the thread towards the end of the week to see what's up.

Sunday: Section 217, Row 6, third base side. Anyone in the neighborhood, drop on by. I'll be in either my road grey Konerko with the WS patch or my green pinstripe AJ with the WS patch!

Dirty30
06-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Sunday: Section 217, Row 6, third base side. Anyone in the neighborhood, drop on by. I'll be in either my road grey Konerko with the WS patch or my green pinstripe AJ with the WS patch!

I'll be over there somewhere as well. Not sure on the section, but 3rd base side, club level!

Anyone taking a tour of University of Phoenix Stadium while out there?

MarySwiss
06-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I'll be over there somewhere as well. Not sure on the section, but 3rd base side, club level!

Anyone taking a tour of University of Phoenix Stadium while out there?

If you're nearby, drop around and say hi! We're in seats 1&2.

Regarding UOP, if you're going to be there awhile. UOP is nowhere near Chase Field.

However, for those visiting and staying close to central Phoenix and looking for somewhere to eat, check out Texaz Grill. Amazing chicken fried steak, and everything else is also pretty fair. Including the prices!

http://www.texazgrill.com/html/index.php?p=menu

MarySwiss
06-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Decisions, decisions! Having dropped an even $100 on two tickets to Sunday's game, do I really want to throw good money after bad? :?:

Parking, beer, food, etc., should set me back another $50 or so. OTOH, projected pitching matchup is Humber vs Collmenter.

Looks like a game-time call. Let's see how they play today. :cool: