PDA

View Full Version : *****! Blue Rock overdose!

cheeses_h_rice
07-09-2002, 11:54 AM
http://www.baseballaddicts.net/cgi-bin/cubs/go.cgi?go=070802.html

Without trying to take anything away from Yankees 1B Jason Giambi, it's Sammy Sosa who is the real winner of this year's 2002 Century 21 Homerun Derby at Miller Park

Uh huh, suuuuuure. He certainly showed us in that final round!

His popularity soars through cities, states, and even countries everywhere. The love and passion for the game of baseball and life in general that runs through this man's body is matched by no one, no one, else in Major League Baseball.

If "passion for the game" = hogging the spotlight, ignoring the other players, being a poor sport after he loses, and taking a stupid home run contest more seriously than he does ordinary games, you're spot on!

Flashbulbs were popping, people were gasping, eardrums were bursting, fans were pointing, and players were laughing and giggling in awe of what Sosa was doing. For a moment, baseball was fun. Suddenly rumors of steroid use and strike talks were non-existant.

No comment.

For the Cubs, Sammy Sosa gave his teammates and his fans something to talk about for weeks and months to come.

Yes, I'm sure his teammates on the second worst team in the NL will be talking about this in a few months.

Friends don't let friends :bluerock

CerberusWG
07-09-2002, 11:56 AM
*SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TT*

CerberusWG
07-09-2002, 12:02 PM
What else do you expect from Flub Fan Steve over there, at the retard boards. Cub fans just have to hold onto to something special, even though this was borderline pathetic.

2nd round after Sosa wins: Sosa flips bad away, gets puffed up grabs a towel then splashes water on his face. OMG SAMMY YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!

2nd round after Giambi wins: Goes over and talks to PK.

Sammy after he loses to Giambi in the final round: Walks to the dugout disgusted after taking the Home Run Derby more seriously than ANY game in his LIFETIME. Doesn't shake Giambi's hand or anything.

In my mind, as well as many baseball fans, not Drunkens Tardos from the North Side it was Giambi 1st, Konerko 2nd, Sexson 3rd, and Sammy dead ****ing last.

CerberusWG
07-09-2002, 12:04 PM
With over 40,000 on hand for the ceremonies of All-Star Eve night, thousands and thousands were heard chanting, "SAM-MY! SAM-MY! SAM-MY!"

Wow, could of sworn I heard all Boo's.

dougs78
07-09-2002, 02:15 PM
I thought last nights display from Sosa was disgusting and yet pathetic at the same time. To see a guy take this contest so gravely serious is just mind boggling in the first place. Add to that, the fact that he just missed his teams last 3 games and its just sad. He didn't even smile between at bats...just looked so focused...what's funny is that he always is full of jokes after the Cubs go on a 12 game skid.

He was so selective at the plate...in fact he was much more selective than he ever is in a game.

But all in all, i just think its so pathetic that he takes something so seriously and is so devasted by a loss in contest that really means nothing. I really wanted him to lose, but after it was over i felt bad for him. I mean he just has no clue.

alohafri
07-09-2002, 02:40 PM
Next year, it will be a blast to boo our fool heads off at ShamMEMEME at the AS HR contest at Comiskey.( I'm sure Steff will be right alongside of me, booing just as loudly!) :D:

Hubby says it will be the first time anyone has been booed at the AS contest. Dee--licious!! :gulp:

(from Aloha's wife)

Foulke You
07-09-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
http://www.baseballaddicts.net/cgi-bin/cubs/go.cgi?go=070802.html

Uh huh, suuuuuure. He certainly showed us in that final round!

If "passion for the game" = hogging the spotlight, ignoring the other players, being a poor sport after he loses, and taking a stupid home run contest more seriously than he does ordinary games, you're spot on!

No comment.

Yes, I'm sure his teammates on the second worst team in the NL will be talking about this in a few months.

Friends don't let friends :bluerock

Not only is the bluerock being snorted but it is being followed by rows of shot glasses filled with Cubbie Kool-Aid as a chaser! :gulp:

sox_fan_forever
07-09-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by dougs78

But all in all, i just think its so pathetic that he takes something so seriously and is so devasted by a loss in contest that really means nothing. I really wanted him to lose, but after it was over i felt bad for him. I mean he just has no clue.

Those are my feelings exactly.

Bucktown
07-09-2002, 05:32 PM
I don't get you guys. What I witnessed firsthand was nothing short of spectaculat. They were simply the most incredible home runs I have ever seen. The entire stadium was electrified.

As for Sosa going straight to the water, I can't blame him. That place was a sauna. It was very uncomfortable.

Does belittling Sammy make us feel better about our Sox?

On the other hand, this guy is clearly on steroids. Nobody can go from average power to 3 standard devistions above everyone else without some enhancement.

FanOf14
07-09-2002, 06:36 PM
Bucktown - it's hard to appreciate what a player has done when it so painfully obvious to most that it was done with supplements...and I am not talking about legal over-the-counter kind either. It's also hard to respect what he did when he showed such poor sportsmanship when he lost to Giambi.

Iwritecode
07-10-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I don't get you guys. What I witnessed firsthand was nothing short of spectaculat. They were simply the most incredible home runs I have ever seen. The entire stadium was electrified.

As for Sosa going straight to the water, I can't blame him. That place was a sauna. It was very uncomfortable.

You forgot the teal...

See, like this: We all know how important the HR derby is so it's understandable that Sosa would take it so seriously. I mean forget the fact that he missed the past three regular season games because of a family emergency but at least he made it in time for the derby...

Originally posted by Bucktown
Does belittling Sammy make us feel better about our Sox?

Well, it sure can't hurt. :smile:

nut_stock
07-10-2002, 12:14 AM
I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if MLB ignores the steroid issue next year and looks the other way at next years derby when Sammy is hitting them off the Waterhouse sign.