PDA

View Full Version : Royals Call up Mike Moustakas

DirtySox
06-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Royals_Report Bob Dutton
Royals calling up 3B Mike Moustakas from Omaha after optioning Mike Aviles to Omaha.
11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Too early in my opinion. He still needs some seasoning. Exciting for Royals fans though.

mzh
06-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Too early in my opinion. He still needs some seasoning. Exciting for Royals fans though.
His stats are misleading IMO. He started out slow but the last month or so he has been absolutely mashing in Triple-A. Him, Butler and Hosmer make for a very exciting lineup.

DirtySox
06-09-2011, 07:52 PM
His stats are misleading IMO. He started out slow but the last month or so he has been absolutely mashing in Triple-A. Him, Butler and Hosmer make for a very exciting lineup.

Indeed they do. I can't wait until Wil Myers shows up. He's had injury issues this year, but that bat will play. KC really needs some pitching though. Losing Lamb was a tough break and Montgomery hasn't been very good in AAA. I'm curious to see who they target for the rotation in the offseason.

DirtySox
06-09-2011, 07:55 PM
BenBadler Ben Badler
Moustakas has a beautiful, compact swing and tremendous power. Not as polished as Hosmer, but Dayton Moore's making KC relevant again
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-09-2011, 11:54 PM
I actually kind of happy for KC fans. They've been bottom dwellers for a while, it's nice to see a bright future ahead for them. I've never had a beef with that team. Different story for Twins, Tigers, and Indians, lol.

OmahaSoxFan
06-10-2011, 12:07 AM
I've enjoyed watching the Royals' prospects here in Omaha - at the Triple-A affiliate - the Omaha Storm Chasers' games that I have attended (easy since their suburban stadium is less than 1 1/2 miles from my front porch). I figured that Eric Hosmer would make a splash right away in the majors, not feeling the same about Moustakas quite yet, I am thinking the Royals called him up just a tad bit early.

Montgomery got shelled by OKC again tonight early on... but he will come into his own soon enough.

sunofgold
06-10-2011, 12:22 AM
We have to play the Royals a lot. Hopefully he sucks when facing White Sox pitching.

hawkjt
06-10-2011, 01:43 AM
We have to play the Royals a lot. Hopefully he sucks when facing White Sox pitching.

The Royals give the Sox fits....and there are Sox fans excited for them?
I hope they fail miserably,against the Sox anyway. I want the Sox to win the division,not the Royals.

JermaineDye05
06-10-2011, 01:50 AM

Mike Aviles killed us.

So far it's a win for the Sox.

SoxNation05
06-10-2011, 03:09 PM
An interesting thing about Moustakas is in most scouting reports about prospects scouts focus on swing, fielding, plate discipline, etc. With Moustakas on numerous occasions I have seen scouts rave about his attitude and the way he goes about playing the game.

DirtySox
06-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Moose is Sickels' prospect of the day. Gives a brief scouting report on him, and what to expect.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2011/6/10/2216441/prospect-of-the-day-mike-moustakas-3b-kansas-city-royals

mzh
06-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Homers in his second game. His swing looks pretty sweet.

johnnyg83
06-14-2011, 04:01 PM
They've got another guy down there (Clint Robinson) just crushing the ball

.349/17/50 1.089 OPS

And they don't really have anywhere for him to play at KC with the Butler/Hosmer combo at 1B/DH. There's some talk of moving Hosmer to the OF.

eriqjaffe
06-14-2011, 04:06 PM

.349/17/50 1.089 OPS

And they don't really have anywhere for him to play at KC with the Butler/Hosmer combo at 1B/DH. There's some talk of moving Hosmer to the OF.Robinson for Pierre?

DirtySox
06-14-2011, 04:09 PM

.349/17/50 1.089 OPS

And they don't really have anywhere for him to play at KC with the Butler/Hosmer combo at 1B/DH. There's some talk of moving Hosmer to the OF.

Interesting. I don't think very highly of Clint. He has no positional value, but he indeed has been hitting. I can't help but get the feeling that he's Kila 2.0.

johnnyg83
06-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Interesting. I don't think very highly of Clint. He has no positional value, but he indeed has been hitting. I can't help but get the feeling that he's Kila 2.0.

I don't think the Royals think very highly of him either. He's only in the prospect conversations when the talk is stats, not talent.