PDA

View Full Version : Thomas lost

Jerry_Manuel
07-09-2002, 10:28 AM
A quote from Steve Lyons (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-hurt09.html) :

''I talked to him a week ago and he said, 'My mechanics are off, and I don't know how to get them back ,' '' Lyons said. ''Imagine a guy as good as he was feeling like he's lost.''

The rest of the article from the Sun-Times has thoughts from Jack McDowell.

Randar68
07-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
A quote from Steve Lyons (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-hurt09.html) :

The rest of the article from the Sun-Times has thoughts from Jack McDowell.

He needs someone on the coaching staff who understands him. If there isn't one, it's IN HIS and the team's BEST INTEREST to see Walt Hriniak EVERY offseason and an off-day here or there during the season.

Sorry, but if Walt is the only guy that can get Frank right, then Frank needs to seek him out with the blessing of the organization. Neither Gary nor Von Joshua could figure out Frank or get into his head.

On a related note, apparently, nobody on this coaching staff knows how to use video equipment.

Paulwny
07-09-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

On a related note, apparently, nobody on this coaching staff knows how to use video equipment.

Yea, it's pretty sad

cheeses_h_rice
07-09-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

Yea, it's pretty sad

:nardi

My VCR has been set to 12:00 ever since I got it!

Randar68
07-09-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

:nardi

My VCR has been set to 12:00 ever since I got it!

Every self-respecting baseball camp in the country has video equipment that allows you to do side-by-side swing analysis.

Frank should be in there between every at-bat looking at each of his swings versus his 2000 or early 90's swings.

duke of dorwood
07-09-2002, 12:23 PM
:reinsy

If the people come, we'll get a VCR

Kilroy
07-09-2002, 12:33 PM

Every self-respecting baseball camp in the country has video equipment that allows you to do side-by-side swing analysis.

Frank should be in there between every at-bat looking at each of his swings versus his 2000 or early 90's swings.

Being able to see the flaws and getting your body to execute the corrections are two different things. Sometimes making one correction leads to another flaw, ect. While it probably all started with him favoring the injury, its become more of a mental thing now than a physical thing. His mind is thinking about compensating for flaws in his swing, instead of what pitch he's going to get and then reacting to it.

Iwritecode
07-09-2002, 01:20 PM

So in other words, the Sox are probably lucky if they have a stetch artist much less a VCR...

LongDistanceFan
07-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

So in other words, the Sox are probably lucky if they have a stetch artist much less a VCR... i think that speaks volume of the sox hitting coach if he doesn't know how it fix it?