PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie vs. KW part II?

JermaineDye05
06-08-2011, 03:16 PM
If anyone follows Ozzie's twitter, you've probably noticed he's had some odd tweets (more odd than usual).

They've been discussing it on B&B, and one source that Bernstein says is close to the Guillen family is claiming that they are upset, once again, over Ozney not being drafted. It's been suggested that the Guillens actually feel like the Sox screwed them over since they supposedly led them to believe that Ozney was going to be drafted in the teens.

Just when the team is starting to look good, this **** starts to flare up again.

hawkjt
06-08-2011, 03:19 PM
I heard it also. I wonder who Bernstein's ''source'' is? Cowley?
He says it is somebody close to the family....so of course that is the story that they would put out.

Bottom line, Ozney was not drafted by anyone in the league...could it be that he is not that good?

EMachine10
06-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Some feel he is upset over recent happenings in his native Venezuela.

WhiteSox5187
06-08-2011, 03:21 PM
I haven't seen anything in his recent tweets to suggest that he is angry with the White Sox or Kenny. He was upset over something last night and then mentioned something about Sean Penn and Venezuela, so I think that there might have been something that happened there that he is upset/worried about. Even last year the real problem was with Oney's tweets and Kenny's reaction to them, Ozzie's comments to the media were restrained. Plus, after all that happened we went 25-5.

Over By There
06-08-2011, 03:22 PM
The tweets were odd (and even more unintelligible than usual), but I don't see any connection. There was certainly nothing inflammatory about the tweets IMO.

JermaineDye05
06-08-2011, 03:23 PM
He says it is somebody close to the family....so of course that is the story that they would put out.

Bottom line, Ozney was not drafted by anyone in the league...could it be that he is not that good?

It was suggested that the Sox told other teams not to touch him since they were going to draft him which is why the Guillens feel screwed.

This is all hearsay though.

WhiteSox5187
06-08-2011, 03:25 PM
It was suggested that the Sox told other teams not to touch him since they were going to draft him which is why the Guillens feel screwed.

I think it's just media speculation. There is nothing inflammatory about his tweets of late, the only one of late was something like he was very angry about something, and that could be anything, that tweet was also followed shortly by the thing about Venezuela and Sean Penn.

JermaineDye05
06-08-2011, 03:27 PM
I think it's just media speculation. There is nothing inflammatory about his tweets of late, the only one of late was something like he was very angry about something, and that could be anything, that tweet was also followed shortly by the thing about Venezuela and Sean Penn.

Well, whatever it is, I'm sure we'll know before the game tonight.

DumpJerry
06-08-2011, 03:27 PM
If anyone follows Ozzie's twitter, you've probably noticed he's had some odd tweets (more odd than usual).

They've been discussing it on B&B,
Credibility of the gossip went to zero at this point.

doublem23
06-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Given how poorly the Sox draft and develop players, it honestly would have been worth it to just waste a 15th or 16th round pick on the little Guillen just so we don't have to sit through this family feud nonsense again.

GoGoCrede
06-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Given how poorly the Sox draft and develop players, it honestly would have been worth it to just waste a 15th or 16th round pick on the little Guillen just so we don't have to sit through this family feud nonsense again.

Or if they hadn't drafted Ken Williams Jr, which seems to be why they're so peeved.

kaufsox
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM

My feelings as well. I mean nepotism is pretty common in the baseball draft and this wouldn't have been the first time the Sox did it for one of their own. Didn't they draft Shueler's daughter one year?

dickallen15
06-08-2011, 03:48 PM

If that's all it takes, why didn't they give the heads up they were drafting Bryce Harper?

If Ozney was much of a prospect, other teams wouldn't have passed him up 50 or 60 or 70 times.

Tragg
06-08-2011, 04:19 PM
The Sox probably didn't want to insult him again..he was drafted in the teens last year, and Ozney went back to school, under weight of such disrespect.

mzh
06-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Ozzie vs. KW part I was rumor-mongering by Joe Cowley. Let's not let this be a distraction again.

asindc
06-08-2011, 04:25 PM

They've been discussing it on B&B, and one source that Bernstein says is close to the Guillen family is claiming that they are upset, once again, over Ozney not being drafted. It's been suggested that the Guillens actually feel like the Sox screwed them over since they supposedly led them to believe that Ozney was going to be drafted in the teens.

Just when the team is starting to look good, this **** starts to flare up again.

Seriously?

Credibility of the gossip went to zero at this point.

You beat me to it.

Sox
06-08-2011, 04:30 PM
What is the B&B that's referred to in this thread? :scratch: Obvioulsy, it's not a reliable source for credible info from the negative reactions that I have been reading.

VMSNS
06-08-2011, 04:36 PM
What is the B&B that's referred to in this thread? :scratch: Obvioulsy, it's not a reliable source for credible info from the negative reactions that I have been reading.

Boers and Berstein on 670 WSCR. Boers is kind of a goof, and Bernstein is an over-dramatic, pretentious prick who likes to make something out of nothing, so it doesn't really surprise me that these rumors started there.

Sox
06-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Boers and Berstein on 670 WSCR. Boers is kind of a goof, and Bernstein is an over-dramatic, pretentious prick who likes to make something out of nothing, so it doesn't really surprise me that these rumors started there.

Okay thanks for clarifying that.:smile:

The Immigrant
06-08-2011, 04:44 PM
It's been suggested that the Guillens actually feel like the Sox screwed them over since they supposedly led them to believe that Ozney was going to be drafted in the teens.

So the Sox were supposed to draft him higher than last year even though he had an atrocious season in JuCo? Yeah, that's plausible.

russ99
06-08-2011, 04:50 PM

Big whoop. They can sign him as an undrafted FA.

Personally, I'm glad the Sox aren't wasting picks on family members (of anyone) this year

Nellie_Fox
06-09-2011, 12:01 AM
The Sox probably didn't want to insult him again..he was drafted in the teens last year, and Ozney went back to school, under weight of such disrespect.It was the 22nd round last year.

DirtySox
06-09-2011, 12:29 AM

Personally, I'm glad the Sox aren't wasting picks on family members (of anyone) this year

He won't be signing. Kenny said as much. He said it would be too much of a distraction. Good for him.

Hitmen77
06-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Ozzie vs. KW part I was rumor-mongering by Joe Cowley. Let's not let this be a distraction again.

I don't think that's true. It wasn't just Cowley making up ****. Others were reporting this too. Didn't JR himself have to step in and settle their fued? I think that wasn't just a rumor by Cowley.

What I don't remember is whether last year's feud had anything to do with the draft or if it was some other disagreements between the two.

Lip Man 1
06-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Hitman:

JR spoke to the press last year before a game in Washington and spoke about it. He said he told both men to "cut it out and work together..."

Lip

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Ozzie had said something about someone and Venezuela. Oney was talking about how another black athlete not ball player was drafted or something. I have a friend who was trying to be drafted who played with Ozney. I think he is okay but not really sure to be honest with you.

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-09-2011, 11:14 AM

That is what my friend is going to do (try and sign as an undrafted FA)

kufram
06-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Why would anybody care one whit about this alleged story?... and I'm using the term "story" very loosely.. especially while there is baseball to, you know, watch.

JB98
06-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Why would anybody care one whit about this alleged story?... and I'm using the term "story" very loosely.. especially while there is baseball to, you know, watch.

Great question. I'm in the media and I don't get it. The Sox weren't the only team to take a pass on the younger Guillen. Maybe the kid just can't play.

Oney's tweets aren't news either. His opinion isn't worth any more than yours or mine. That was a topic of discussion in our newsroom last night. The general consensus: "Who cares?"

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Great question. I'm in the media and I don't get it. The Sox weren't the only team to take a pass on the younger Guillen. Maybe the kid just can't play.

Oney's tweets aren't news either. His opinion isn't worth any more than yours or mine. That was a topic of discussion in our newsroom last night. The general consensus: "Who cares?"

Thank you! The key is to not give his sons power/attention. They think because there dad is...ya know...they are something special too. My dad is a lawyer and I don't act like I took the bar exam.

The Immigrant
06-10-2011, 07:24 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110609&content_id=20265660&notebook_id=20265806&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws&partnerId=rss_cws

Ozzie says no promises were made.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-10-2011, 09:49 AM

These two love to accentuate anything negative. I "friended" LH on Facebook and David Schuster has been nonetookind to Bernstein about Bernstein arguing with him on the radio over the definition of a word so he could be right and Schuster could be wrong.

I left the radio on 670 the other day from the M & H show in the morning and I swear, Boers talked about Wilt Chamberlain's manhood for a solid 2 minutes (and the actual conversation from Jason Goff had to do with the Pippen comments of Jordan v James).

Soxfest
06-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Why would they promise a no talent kid anything. It is obvious picking him last year was a joke and nobody else wanted him this year.