PDA

View Full Version : Roger Bossard Bobblehead Giveaway on June 12th. Gone?

yazz32
06-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Looks like it has disappeared from the promotion giveaway schedule.

It was for this Sunday June 12th...

yazz32
06-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Sorry, here's the promotion weblink:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws&y=2011

TommyGavinFloyd
06-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Man I hope not. It was still there yesterday. I bought tickets at the game for Sunday specifically to get that bobblehead.

CosmRoksTHHP
06-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I believe Ed & DJ briefly mentioned there was a spelling error on the bobbleheads, so they had to be sent back to the manufacturer.

miker
06-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I believe Ed & DJ briefly mentioned there was a spelling error on the bobbleheads, so they had to be sent back to the manufacturer.

How do you misspell "Sodfather?"

TommyGavinFloyd
06-08-2011, 01:02 PM

That would really suck. I still look forward to going to the game but I would have rather just gone a different day. I wasn't that thrilled about watching us play the A's in the first place. :mad:

TommyGavinFloyd
06-08-2011, 01:09 PM
from the @Whitesox twitter: The 6/12 Roger Bossard bobblehead giveaway has been moved to 9/13. The 1st 20k fans on 6/12 will be given a voucher redeemable after 9/13

Well that sucks but I guess I can wait another 3 months. At least I will get the voucher. Go Sox!

ChiSoxGirl
06-08-2011, 01:11 PM
from the @Whitesox twitter: The 6/12 Roger Bossard bobblehead giveaway has been moved to 9/13. The 1st 20k fans on 6/12 will be given a voucher redeemable after 9/13

Well that sucks but I guess I can wait another 3 months. At least I will get the voucher. Go Sox!

My sister and I are taking our dad to Sunday's game for Father/Daughter Day and we were looking forward to the bobblehead. Since we'll be there early for the on-field pre-game parade, I'm sure we'll each get a voucher. I'm just kinda bummed we won't be getting the bobbleheads on Sunday.

Sox
06-08-2011, 05:20 PM
I'd be holding out for the August 20th game. That's the Mark Buerhle bobble head night.

Soxfest
06-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Maybe they will give out a Chiapet to grow your own sod.:bandance:

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Maybe they will give out a Chiapet to grow your own sod.:bandance:
It would be awesome if they gave away an area rug that felt like the field. I would totally love to walk barefoot on that field.

palehosepub
06-09-2011, 09:06 AM
A little more detail obtained from my ticket rep:

ROGER BOSSARD BOBBLEHEAD GIVEAWAY POSTPONED
First 20,000 Fans in Attendance at Sunday’s Game to Receive a Voucher Redeemable for One Bossard Bobblehead; Second Bobblehead Giveaway Added on September 13

CHICAGO –Due to a manufacturer error, the Chicago White Sox have been forced to postpone the Roger Bossard bobblehead giveaway, which was originally scheduled for Sunday, June 12. The giveaway now will take place on Tuesday, September 13 vs. the Kansas City Royals.

In addition to giving away Roger Bossard bobbleheads on September 13, the first 20,000 fans in attendance at this Sunday’s game will be given a voucher redeemable for one Bossard bobblehead. That voucher can be redeemed the day of any White Sox home game after September 13 at the designated redemption centers near Gate 4 and Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field from the time the gates open an hour and a half prior to first pitch through the fifth inning. The vouchers also can be redeemed on non-game days at Gate 4 of U.S. Cellular Field during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) from September 15 – September 30.

The postponed giveaway will be held on Tuesday, September 13 when the White Sox face the Royals at 7:10 p.m. The first 10,000 fans in attendance that night will receive a Roger Bossard bobblehead.

DumpJerry
06-09-2011, 02:33 PM
A little more detail obtained from my ticket rep:

ROGER BOSSARD BOBBLEHEAD GIVEAWAY POSTPONED
First 20,000 Fans in Attendance at Sunday’s Game to Receive a Voucher Redeemable for One Bossard Bobblehead; Second Bobblehead Giveaway Added on September 13

CHICAGO –Due to a manufacturer error, the Chicago White Sox have been forced to postpone the Roger Bossard bobblehead giveaway, which was originally scheduled for Sunday, June 12. The giveaway now will take place on Tuesday, September 13 vs. the Kansas City Royals.

In addition to giving away Roger Bossard bobbleheads on September 13, the first 20,000 fans in attendance at this Sunday’s game will be given a voucher redeemable for one Bossard bobblehead. That voucher can be redeemed the day of any White Sox home game after September 13 at the designated redemption centers near Gate 4 and Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field from the time the gates open an hour and a half prior to first pitch through the fifth inning. The vouchers also can be redeemed on non-game days at Gate 4 of U.S. Cellular Field during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) from September 15 – September 30.

The postponed giveaway will be held on Tuesday, September 13 when the White Sox face the Royals at 7:10 p.m. The first 10,000 fans in attendance that night will receive a Roger Bossard bobblehead.

I got the same email. I did not have the heart to let her know we play the Tigers that night.