PDA

View Full Version : Paplebon suspended 3 games

Fenway
06-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Believe me Papelbon was right to be furious at that home plate umpire.

Both he and Tek were tossed and Tek almost never questions an ump

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21109126/papelbon-suspended-will-appeal

miker
06-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Hmmm...it wasn't Joe West.

Foulke You
06-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Any video of the incident? Just wondering how good the pitch was.

Jerko
06-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Papelbon was brutal that inning. He showed up pedroia with a ballet dance on the mound after an error and threw his arms up about a pitch that was actually called a strike (which was nowhere near the zone) then he made contact with the ump. Bad call or not on that earlier pitch, he deserves 3 games. At least. He was out of control imo

palehozenychicty
06-07-2011, 08:39 PM
I wonder when his time there will be up. Rumors have floated around that they want to trade him since he is a free agent. Douchebag and all, I'd take him.

Fenway
06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I wonder when his time there will be up. Rumors have floated around that they want to trade him since he is a free agent. Douchebag and all, I'd take him.

They were hoping Jenks could be an option.....but

Bobby just blew a hamstring in the Bronx ....

RadioheadRocks
06-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Papelbon was brutal that inning. He showed up pedroia with a ballet dance on the mound after an error and threw his arms up about a pitch that was actually called a strike (which was nowhere near the zone) then he made contact with the ump. Bad call or not on that earlier pitch, he deserves 3 games. At least. He was out of control imo

Dance to the music, pay the piper :D:

Sox
06-07-2011, 09:53 PM
They were hoping Jenks could be an option.....but

Bobby just blew a hamstring in the Bronx ....

I intially heard that his back was stiffening up according to the announcers at the game. If it was his hammy that'll be a 15 dayer for sure.

Fenway
06-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I intially heard that his back was stiffening up according to the announcers at the game. If it was his hammy that'll be a 15 dayer for sure.

We he limped off....I didn't have sound on but it looks like DL again

Sox
06-07-2011, 10:03 PM
We he limped off....I didn't have sound on but it looks like DL again

I would say that you are correct sir....:putitontheboard

asindc
06-08-2011, 08:02 AM
I have Papelbon on my fantasy team. It seems that lately he has given up at least one run in the last few outings. For Boston's sake, I think they better start hoping that Bard has the makeup to close this season. I'm not surprised at all about Jenks. He had all the incentive a player needs to keep himself in good condition while he was here, but just did not do it. I did not see that changing with him changing teams.

Fenway
06-08-2011, 03:06 PM

the umpire was just as wrong

http://www.nesn.com/2011/06/jonathan-papelbons-suspension-fair-but-umpire-phil-randazzo-should-be-punished-for-escalating-situat.html

http://mt.nesn.com/.a/6a0115709f071f970b01538f0c524a970b-640wi